Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 23rd, 2006, 02:20 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
newb, Thanks for the info. Please let me know what you think of it again when you do get to play it. Thanks so much.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 07:16 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
The map scale comments are fair and I agree w/them all. I'm still interested in Viktory II. Has anyone played it?
I think Victory 2 would be an excellent campaign system for any tactical game. It is super smoothly designed and has good game sience running the mechanics of the game.

TOI, looks too involved for my lifestyle. I've really had to stretch a bit to allow BL into my world as it has an 80 page rulebook and much depth to chew on. TOI would collect tons of dust.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 21st, 2007, 11:26 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
After watching this movie put out by FF, I had to Pre-order Tide Of Iron! It answered a ton of my questions and is just top notch! Check it out....

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ti...downloads.html

-Ski
Old January 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski
After watching this movie put out by FF, I had to Pre-order Tide Of Iron! It answered a ton of my questions and is just top notch! Check it out....

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ti...downloads.html

-Ski
Game looks REALLY good. I love the unit stands. I'm picking this one up for sure.
Old January 21st, 2007, 10:33 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for posting the link to the video, Teamski! I really like the idea behind the game and it's not card driven like M44 or BL which is great because I was concerned it was going to be a clone of those games. The strategy cards and command points look like a great way to add variety to the game and allow the players to call in support or boost morale at appropriate moments. A nice quality video which changed my mind about the game.

Newb.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 09:07 AM

aardvark22 has disabled reputation
After watching the vid I'm definitely interested, but it does seem rather like WWII Battlelore. Which isnt really a bad thing I suppose. That msrp sure is steep though.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 09:17 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Thanks for posting the link to the video, Teamski! I really like the idea behind the game and it's not card driven like M44 or BL which is great because I was concerned it was going to be a clone of those games. The strategy cards and command points look like a great way to add variety to the game and allow the players to call in support or boost morale at appropriate moments. A nice quality video which changed my mind about the game.

Newb.
Ditto. After getting a quick glimpse of this at Gencon I thought it was just going to be FFG's clone of Memoir '44 and was likely going to pass. I might have to pick this up...
Old January 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just saw this on BGG:

The TOI rules are up on the FFG site:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/PDF/toirules.pdf

(16 MB download)

Enjoy!

Newb.
Old June 15th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Now that its out, has anyone get a copy of it yet?
Old June 15th, 2007, 04:24 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Just picked up my copy yesterday. Looks good but I am going on vaca soon so I will not be able to REALLY test drive it until August.
Old June 15th, 2007, 04:29 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I was gonna pick it up, but I'm gonna hold off for a while. My FLGS had it and the box is pretty big. Looked bigger than Descent's box, but they're probably the same size. I've been looking at the World Tank Campaigns game that FFG is coming out with instead. I love tanks.
Old June 30th, 2007, 07:34 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Wow, this game looks SOOOO good to me. It seems to have enough elements of Squad Leader to scratch that grognard itch, but enough eye candy and simplicity of gameplay to actually find someone who is willing to give it a go.

Just what I need, another expandable game system! I need to start getting some game time in with the ones I already own before I can really justify this purchase (I've only played Battlelore twice, and I haven't even play one game with the pacific theater expansion for MM44, and it's been about three months since I've played Heroscape!).

I've read the reviews at BGG, but was just wondering if anyone here has played it yet. I'd especialliy like to get some feedback from someone who is/was into Squad Leader or other "heavy" war games.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games