Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 29th, 2018, 01:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Sweet. Will do.

I got the whole OP updated, the links standardized, and a lot of the formatting cleaned up (no more overlapping color tags that get really confusing). There's a bit more to do as far as standardizing each entry in the table, but I'm a bit burnt out after that. You'll have to check my work on some of the color categorization of the new units, @dok , but I gave it a first stab.

Last edited by superfrog; August 29th, 2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Thanks so much. It feels great to have this updated.

FWIW I only changed 7 of your color codes on the new ones (and some of those were definitely close calls).
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Are there figures that aren't in the OP? I think we just need Yi Feng, Zhen Yuan, Chen Tang, Master Lao Xin, and Locksley (and Maltis Tez).
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:42 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it's just the last wave. First cut:

Locksley - His first two powers are useless a lot of the time, but he still packs Major-league range and attacking power and helps a Brigand build establish board control. B+

Master Lao Xin - The Shaolin Street Sweeper (Master Woo + Master Lao Xin + Monks x3) is on par with the old Steamroller. The limited range on Woo's influence is a big issue, but whirlwind assault and stealth leap can do some work. B

Yi Feng - The least useful offensively of the Monks, but cheap and easy to throw into the fray. B-

Zhen Yuan - Not much more than a heroic version of the Monks but useful for taking pressure off the squad figures and masters. B-

Chen Tang - Quivering Palm is very cool but outside of a handful of matchups it's tough to justify taking him over another squad of monks. B-

Shaolin Monks -> B
Master Woo -> B
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

Yi Feng is brutal against melee squads (excepting the 4-attack ones). I think he's better than B-.
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Quite possible, but... I mean, so are Tagawa Samurai Archers? I'm just trying to think of the build I'm putting Yi Feng in. I guess he's probably in the best monk build at 490-505, but with just 6 squaddies... I mean, is that build very good?
Old August 29th, 2018, 09:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The Shaolin Street Sweeper (Master Woo + Master Lao Xin + Monks x3)
Amazing. Welp, guess I know what army I need to play soon...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 29th, 2018, 09:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quite possible, but... I mean, so are Tagawa Samurai Archers? I'm just trying to think of the build I'm putting Yi Feng in. I guess he's probably in the best monk build at 490-505, but with just 6 squaddies... I mean, is that build very good?
Just won our Utah tourney 4-0 with Lau Xin, Yi Feng, Monks X2

Granted, it was a rotating team tourney, but my monks did major damage in all 4 games. Yi Feng was a nice scare tactic and still packed a nice punch. Only ever lost at most 4 of the Shaolins our of the 6 and Lau xin only died once at the end of the game.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 29th, 2018, 09:47 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

When units go up, others must be downgraded...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 29th, 2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
The Shaolin Street Sweeper (Master Woo + Master Lao Xin + Monks x3)
Amazing. Welp, guess I know what army I need to play soon...
It's even the unofficial Louisville tournament point total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Just won our Utah tourney 4-0 with Lau Xin, Yi Feng, Monks X2

Granted, it was a rotating team tourney, but my monks did major damage in all 4 games. Yi Feng was a nice scare tactic and still packed a nice punch. Only ever lost at most 4 of the Shaolins our of the 6 and Lau xin only died once at the end of the game.
Team tournaments are a different animal, but that's still impressive. Are the army lists posted? Did you see a lot of range? I fully acknowledge that he's murder against most melee squads, but it seems like if either army has range he can get picked off in endgame just fine.

I would expect him to last a while most of the time just because I would normally focus on the squad figures first if I was facing that army, until I had them down below a full squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
When units go up, others must be downgraded...
This isn't a curve, it's a measure of value. MLX makes the (best army containing multiple squads of) monks better, but this doesn't make anything else worse.
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:08 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

If something gets better , something else has to get worse.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 29th, 2018, 10:48 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Game Theory

Not necessarily. This only holds in a zero sum game. If the goal is to end with the most jibblets, I can't improve my position without someone else losing jibblets. That's not this here.

I could kinda argue that as units increase in power, all other units must decrease equivalently, but that assumes there's a limited amount of "goodness". If the goal is simply viability, then there's not really going to be an upper limit on that.

~Dysole, who seems to find many surprising uses for her econ degree

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs