Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 12th, 2012, 04:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
The Book of Beakface Sneaks

The Book of Beakface Sneaks

Soldiers of Valhalla

Printer friendly PDF

The figures used for this unit are Dungeons and Dragons miniatures from the Deathknell and Lords of Madness releases. The names and numbers of the figures are 56-Kenku Sneak and 25-Kenku Warrior.

Quote:
FLOCKING
After taking a turn with the Beakface Sneaks, if at least one Beakface Sneak attacked an opponent's figure, you may move up to two Raptorians you control that did not move or attack this turn up to 6 spaces each.

EVASIVE 3
When a Beakface Sneak rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 3 defense dice to the defending Sneak.

GLIDE
Beakface Sneaks never roll for falling damage.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered:
As Raptorians, the Beakface Sneaks and Quorik Warwitch may benefit from the Beakface Sneaks' Flocking movement activation.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

Power Rankings
Surprisingly effective as a quick strike force to thin out opposing range. B

SoV Judge Reviews
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

N/A

Last edited by superfrog; May 1st, 2019 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Thanks J_a_B!
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of the Beakface Sneaks

Gonna have to pick some of these guys up.
Old November 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Drop "The" please!

I need to get these guys too.
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Drop "The" please!
Correct!

Next time shoot me a heads up so I can index it, too.

Thanks, Superfrog.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Beakface Sneaks

I just noticed that these guys get Evasive against normal AND special attacks. That's a huge distinction that makes them more than just cheap Phantom Knights. Special attackers absolutely destroy those ghosts, but the Raptorians might actually stand a chance.

My gut is telling me these are by far the most competive figure that SoV has released, but it's hard for me to really factor in how fast they fill up the startzone into my assessment of them. I'm not really sure what I would pair with these guys in a standard 500 point event; has anyone found anything?
Old November 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I just noticed that these guys get Evasive against normal AND special attacks. That's a huge distinction that makes them more than just cheap Phantom Knights. Special attackers absolutely destroy those ghosts, but the Raptorians might actually stand a chance.

My gut is telling me these are by far the most competive figure that SoV has released, but it's hard for me to really factor in how fast they fill up the startzone into my assessment of them. I'm not really sure what I would pair with these guys in a standard 500 point event; has anyone found anything?
Evasive is based off of the EOV's Evasive 8, which works exactly the same way.
Old November 12th, 2012, 11:17 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Three things I have to say: First, shouldn't beakface sneaks be listed under synergy for flocking. I think at least one unit has itself listed under synergies and benefits received. Second, the thing with elite onyx vipers is several problems. They were unique and you lost 33 points when you lost one. These are common and you lose 10 points with each. Third, I can see them being great glyph holders and range attackers, can't get shot off the glyph as easily or shot down on the way to your enemy.
Old November 12th, 2012, 11:40 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I have really liked playing four squads of them with a bunch of wyrmlings. I found them to be fairly competitive even against Q9. His Quiglex gun even at three attacks of three with their Evasive 3 manages to fend it off well. However, when they engage him to attack, they fell pretty quickly.

They really do excel at glyph grabbing.
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:01 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hopefully, we won't run into a new deathreavers scenario said otherwise as !#$*(% Sneaks with their !#$*(% evasive 3. (You fill in the blanks.)
Old November 13th, 2012, 04:24 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

First off congratulations to Super Bogue on the Beakface Sneaks making SoV. I'm really happy that they passed, they were the figure I was anticipating the 2nd most out of all the figures under review, behind only Brimstone.

Quote:
My gut is telling me these are by far the most competive figure that SoV has released, but it's hard for me to really factor in how fast they fill up the startzone into my assessment of them.
As of right now I don't think they are as strong as the Zettian Infantry. As you know I went 3-2 with an non power ZI build and Tiranx just went 3-1 with them, he had rats and 9000, but no Raelin. I'm interested to see some tournament results with them, so we can actually see how they stack up.

Quote:
but it's hard for me to really factor in how fast they fill up the startzone into my assessment of them.
I don't think that will be a problem for me, but it's matter of how you plan on playing them. I don't see them as a B&B unit, they just have to many bad match ups. To me they seem like the prototypical sharks, quick strike capabilities combined with low defense and an need to put all your order marker on them until they die. I believe this is one of their big differences from Phantom Knights, PK's usually play as sharks, but they can act as defenders, while the Sneaks can not.

I wonder what the sweet spot will end up being for this guys. To many and they'll fill up your stating zone, and you'll be vulnerable to their bad match ups, on the other hand not enough and you can't fully take advantage of Flocking. 3-5 squads seem like a good number to start with, but at 4 squads they'll have to compete with the plethora of quality 120 point heroes. Whatever the case I'm going to buy an excessive amount of them so I can spam them in casual games.

I'm looking forward seeing what, if any synergies there will be between the Sneaks and the Kenku Wing Mage that's currently in the works at C3V. Allowing the Sneaks to move one more Raptorian with flocking if they end their move within X space of him would be a cool power, but I'm sure what ever they C3V comes up with will be even better.

I'm surprised their medium 4. I saw the figures briefly at Gencon, although I didn't compare them to any scape figures they seemed small to me.
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:24 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

These guys seem like they'd be fun for Castle defenses. Use them at the top and when your opponent is close enough Glide down and do some damage.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:17 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There is a castle set up in my living room right now that is going to have sneak attack Beakface Sneaks jumpin off. I am really excited for this now, thanks for the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
These guys seem like they'd be fun for Castle defenses. Use them at the top and when your opponent is close enough Glide down and do some damage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs