Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 7th, 2017, 05:12 PM

obisean is surprisingly tart
Re: AotP - Hex Tile Scans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I think it would be hard to get a photo without any distortion. If it's my only option maybe I'll come back to you but I'm going to keep looking for other options. Maybe I'll be able to find the expansion locally for $5 like I did for the base game.
SoI is showing up as $7.99 on Amazon for me right now. Not Prime, not local, and not $5, but still not too shabby in my opinion.

I know I haven't been able to find any of the sets locally at all, but other markets seem to be having better luck (I'm in the mid-Atlantic region).
Old December 7th, 2017, 05:46 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisean View Post
Quote:
I think it would be hard to get a photo without any distortion. If it's my only option maybe I'll come back to you but I'm going to keep looking for other options. Maybe I'll be able to find the expansion locally for $5 like I did for the base game.
SoI is showing up as $7.99 on Amazon for me right now. Not Prime, not local, and not $5, but still not too shabby in my opinion.

I know I haven't been able to find any of the sets locally at all, but other markets seem to be having better luck (I'm in the mid-Atlantic region).
but it has a $6 shipping tagged on so not as tempting.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's an awesome game (I like it better than Heroscape) and is worth paying retail prices for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 7th, 2017, 10:45 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It's an awesome game (I like it better than Heroscape) and is worth paying retail prices for.
I've never played Magic in my life so I guess that's why I never had a desire. I do have several sets of the base so I may try it at some point.

Liking it better than Heroscape? Is it because it's so much like Heroscape but has some differences and vanilla scape was losing it's hold?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 8th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

It reminds me of RotV, before common squads came along and ruined HEROscape.

I would still rather play C3G especially now that we have our own magic but this game is nice for quick set up and battles. We pre-made armies for every PW and just randomly pick an army to play.
Old December 14th, 2017, 10:20 AM
A Man of Taste

Thanks to the generosity of @Tornado I have received the Innestrad tiles and scanned them at work this morning. You can find them here.

I scanned them in as 300 dpi @ 11x17. I'll try to convert them to PDF later.

Old December 22nd, 2017, 11:06 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

@japes I went to my local 5 Below and all the AotP were gone but they had Innistrad.
Old December 22nd, 2017, 11:54 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
@japes I went to my local 5 Below and all the AotP were gone but they had Innistrad.
Yeah same here. I went in to get another AotP base set and couldn't find them...which isn't rare as they seem to remodel the store every night.
I did end up finding the Innistrad set and picked up one last night. 2-hex quicksand woohoo...I wanted to get more than the one set but figured I needed to stop.

Innistrad box was bigger so I ended up dumping all the figures into that one. I discovered the base set bottom box fits perfectly into the Marvel tCB box so that is where I have my tiles stored. Very sturdy boxes and my interior bottom Marvel box was thin and falling apart. My work computer for some reason isn't printing 11x17 so I haven't been able to print yet to test.

Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 4th, 2018, 12:38 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Excited!
I posted my edited version in .png but I guess I never posted the originals or them in PDF yet...I need to do that. Thanks for the reminder.

Old January 4th, 2018, 01:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that atfivebelow.com they have some 167 copies of the original arena game on there for 5 bucks each. I picked up one for one of my brothers so he could have his own copy. I already have a couple of each of the sets myself and don't plan on buying anymore of em.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 4th, 2018, 10:20 AM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that atfivebelow.com they have some 167 copies of the original arena game on there for 5 bucks each. I picked up one for one of my brothers so he could have his own copy. I already have a couple of each of the sets myself and don't plan on buying anymore of em.
Yeah that's what prompted this whole discussion...I picked up a couple of those from five below and noticed the backs didn't have maps even though the expansion set did. So I decided to create C3G city maps on the back of the original set. I needed a scan of the back side of the expansion so I could align my grid to that.

Good to know there is an online market for those without a local fivebelow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion