Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 6th, 2017, 12:13 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Small House (Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think I will try japes suggestion next time I test. It eliminates all the concerns posted so far and requires untested rules to be tested(well actually I think YK gave them a spin for the Apt. Building).

This would allow us to get it out as an exterior play only terrain feature.
I think Satanus will still be at a huge disadvantage as he will have to always move around the House while his prey moves through and easily picks him off from the other side.

Then the next step would be interior play but make both the Roof and the Walls DOs.
That should eliminate some of the negative aspects for Satanus.

Really though, how many figures besides Satanus are going to ber hindered?
I would gladly sacrifice one T-Rex to create a city.

Also I could scan the walls if someone wants to make their own out of posterboard/cardboard. The roof will be a little more tricky as that is two pieces(three with chimney) glued together. I can get the measurements though and figure out something.

Now that I know Ronin will have the real deal I am not too worried about some proxy's being used.

Keep those ideas flowing. We are going to need them!
you can use a modified version of what I mentioned. Not just use all of their move but use their regular move but if you don't have the 4 move left then you can't do it. That way speedsters are hurt.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 6th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes, that is what I was going to do. 4 move is what it takes to move through the interior also so it makes sense and falls in with what he have worked on.

YK and Ronin, if you do anymore tests will you try them as exterior play only.

Use these the following rules, considering any full hexes adjacent to a door as an entrance/exit.

Enclosed Structures
An enclosed structure is any terrain feature that completely covers multiple spaces without a way to view the interior of the structure or directly move figures through the interior of the structure. For example, a building like the Apartment Complex is an enclosed structure.

Many enclosed structures, including most buildings, feature Exit spaces, which allow figures to move through these enclosed structures more efficiently. Exit spaces for enclosed structures will be detailed in their individual books or in maps using these structures.

Entering and Exiting Enclosed Structures (Buildings)
If an enclosed structure features more than one Exit space, figures may use these to travel through the enclosed structures.

Any Tiny, Small, Medium, or Large figure up to Height 7 that is occupying an Exit space may move to any empty, non-adjacent Exit space (or spaces, for double based figures) on or adjacent to the same enclosed structure, as long as moving into the second Exit space constitutes a legal move (i.e. if it is not occupied by an enemy figure, or by a friendly figure that is engaged).

Moving from one Exit space to a non-adjacent Exit space requires 4 spaces of movement
for most one or two story Buildings, but each Enclose Structure will specify the number of spaces required to move through it in its Book.

Figures do not need to start their turn on an Exit space in order to travel through an enclosed structure this way. They only need to move into an Exit space with enough spaces remaining in their movement for that turn. If they do not have enough spaces remaining when they move into an Exit space, they cannot travel to a non-adjacent Exit space this turn.
Figures do not automatically stop when they move into Exit spaces and can continue moving after traveling between Exit spaces with any remaining movement available.

All normal engagement rules apply for figures moving out of Exit spaces. In this way, moving from one Exit space to another is similar to figure placement rules, but with an associated static movement cost.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 6th, 2017, 04:52 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Is everyone cool with this shift?

It gets a piece terrain completed and then we can play around with solutions for interior play or move on to ruins. It also knocks out a lot for the Apartment Building which is cool.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 6th, 2017, 04:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Move through rules look good. Can I still draw LOS through windows for ranged attacks or did you want us to act as though there are objects inside the house that obscures your vision?
Old January 6th, 2017, 05:28 PM

Great question.

I was going to allow it. As I remember it was tough to get too many clear shots through the Small House, so I would try it at first as it will set up shots from the interior.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 6th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Needs some wording work, but the rules side looks okay. Is this all because of the "huge figures struggle against Hawkeye in a house" issue? Because if so, I'd say it's not worth all that trouble, and to just stay the course. These are an optional rule and each group can decide how they use them.

I'll ask again though, is it not possible to make the house a DO?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 6th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Making the house a DO would be simplicity itself, surely? Give it some sort of resistance to damage/auto shield type thing (which would, of course, be ignored by anyone with Superstrength), make it reasonably tough, and add some collapsing building damage for anyone in the house when it's destroyed/takes wounds.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 6th, 2017, 05:42 PM

Yes we could do that but this way it can be played two ways. Exterior only or Interior as a DO. I would make both the Walls and the Roof DOs but that would be step two.

This is really just taking that first step and we can come back to interior play and build off what we have done already. Hopefully quickly.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't think it would take much to give the houses a defense & life number, then have a rule about what happens to those inside when a house gets destroyed. I'm also not against having two sets to rules made available when we release them, one that includes interior play and one that does not. Then people can use them with as complex or as simple rules as they want. Thinking tournament maps would use the simple, no interior rules then.

I don't think the simple version needs much testing if any beyond what we have already done. LOS blockers are nothing new, the only thing new here is moving through them rather than having to go around. The houses are small enough that many of the 'exit' hexes are not much more than 4 spaces away from each other already. Only the addition of more movement blockers (a row of trees moving out from one wall) would lead to more difficult to pursue avenues for large figures and that would be up to the person designing the individual map being used.

As for the more complex interior rules, I had some questions about how flying should interact with entering/exiting the house as well as being inside. I think we should add something to the rule book about those entering, exiting, or standing inside the house have their flying power negated. It effects disengagement rules the most but also has a few other effects (like attacking the Green Goblin from inside the house).

Also if it is not already a rule, then those inside the house should be considered under an overhang and thus the Green Goblin/Firefly/Archangel can't fly over the house and target those inside it.

I don't think we are very far off from being able to release both interior play and exterior only rules for these houses so don't give up on the fight T.
Old January 7th, 2017, 02:49 PM

I will never give up on this.

I am trying to not turn this in to a fight, which can be a challenge for me at times.

I can be downright reasonable once I get over being defensive.

Great suggestions YK! Totally agree on those points we need to address.
A few tests as an exterior only building and that aspect should be complete and then we can take another stab at interior play.

Should there be two different Books? One interior, one exterior or just have both options detailed in a single Book. I doubt there will too many of these terrain features that will be playable both ways.

The inspiration and creativity spawned by the release of Spells has me super excited for the future of magic and buildings and has me convinced that these are very worthwhile projects that will make C3G better.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 7th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Got my houses in the mail yesterday! Have to tackle Cheshire first, and maybe also Ivy, but let me know how you want it tested, and I should be able to take it for a spin.
Old January 7th, 2017, 03:16 PM
C3G Landlord

I'd just have both sets of play rules in one thread. Basic & Advanced play.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library