Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old November 9th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re: Next Colorado Event: Monday, November 16th @ Spider's Ho

Okay, just updated the first page to reflect Spider and lafleurhero's game night. I won't be able to make it because I have some family coming to visit that weekend and we're going to the Denver Film Festival (yaaaayyy!!!!).

I'm open to having a regular Heroscape schedule at a game store or always having a presence at conventions and what-not, but I probably won't organize anything outside of Boulder myself, just because I have unreliable transportation for the forseeable future. But if one of you does set something up, let me know and I'll add it to the first post.
Old November 9th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Next Colorado Event: Monday, November 16th @ Spider's Ho

My house is very easy to find. Just exit the Pershing/Randel exit midway through Cheyenne. Take Randel and it's just two blocks from the interstate on the right hand side. It's a 6 way intersection and my house is actually on 32nd street. I never had a problem finding Spiders house either but it's a bit more involved than finding mine. I can't really give directions right now.

I still don't have internet, but should be hooked up tomarrow or Wednsday. I'm at King Soopers using free wifi right now and Spider happened to call me, so I figured I'd better check the site to see if anyone has messaged me.

tomarrow night is going to be Zombie Fluxx and Settlers of Catan at my house, I have invited an awefull lot of people, no idea how many will actually show up. I think next Tuesday will also not be Heroscape since we are already playing at Spiders, but probably 2 weeks from now I will make it Heroscape. I'm always going to have two games for each Tuesday since I won't know the turnout and there is something to overflow into.
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker
Re: Next Colorado Event: Saturday, January 16th, Boulder Lib

I've not posted lately. But I wanted to say.. we're still in for Jan16th. That'd be great. We enjoyed the RMRumble so much, we're in for anything in the future.

I'd also be into meeting regularly at the "Enchanted grounds" or anywhere for that matter.

I've also got several HS newbie friends. I bet I could get at least a couple to come to any events. (You know, fresh meat, cannon fodder, or what have you).

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:50 AM

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This Tuesday, November 19th will be Heroscape for my game night. It's mostly for giving demos to new players but of course anyone and everyone is invited. It's not going to be a tourny by any means, just 3 or 4 maps I will build from scratch, 1 or 2 simple ones with only basic terrain and 1 or 2 with various terrain expansions. If anyone is comming and wants to bring therer own figures, I guess I will have to come up with army sizes. I guess we will have two different sizes, all the newbie ones will be pre built, but for other non-newbie games lets just go with a basic 500 point 24 hex army
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
This Tuesday, November 19th will be Heroscape for my game night...
Just before I update the first post, you really mean Tuesday, November 24th, right?
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM

haha, yeah the 24th, yesterday was the 19th and it was Thursday, sorry

Maybe I should change that other thread I started into a thread just for my Tuesday night game nights. I could keep a running list of the games I am planning to run each tuesday and just point out the Heroscape ones
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:36 PM

Stryker has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
I've not posted lately. But I wanted to say.. we're still in for Jan16th. That'd be great. We enjoyed the RMRumble so much, we're in for anything in the future.

I'd also be into meeting regularly at the "Enchanted grounds" or anywhere for that matter.

I've also got several HS newbie friends. I bet I could get at least a couple to come to any events. (You know, fresh meat, cannon fodder, or what have you).
Oh freah meat i could make so many improvements.

A man who chooses to die standing with his head held high is the man you should be fear most.

Last edited by Stryker; November 22nd, 2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Re: Next Colorado Event: Tuesday, November 24th @ Lafleurher

I'm extending yesterdays Heroscape event to Friday. I had two people that couldn't make it yesterday that can on Friday. I had a talk with my boss last week and it works out well that I can get off work a bit early on Fridays and have a game night then too. Won't be able to all that often, probably just one or two a month, but I will have them. Probably I will aim for 6 total events per month and 1 or 2 of them being Heroscape. I don't know how to link to the proper thread, but it's currently on page 2 of the events.

Almost forgot, the Friday events will be at 8:00 pm instead of 7:00
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM

Colorado Heroscape Event
Date: 1/16/09
Time: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

10:00 to 10:15 - Get in and arrange tables, chairs, etc.

10:15 to 10:40 - Map Building Contest: each contestant has 15 minutes to build a map from 1 Master Set and 1 Terrain Expansion; all game day attendees vote for best map. Winning map (maps?) to be used as HOB maps.

10:40 to 11:00 - Complete rest of maps for tournament.

11:00 to 3:00 - Rolling Rumble Drafting Tournament - Bring a 750 point army pool; each round, you will draft from your own pool to create an army within the designated point value for each map. Army sizes include: 380 pts, 450 pts, 520 pts, 590 pts. Each round, you'll have a chance of playing within 1 of 5 formats:

Kill 'em all - play continues until one player's army is no longer on the map.
HOB - same as Kill 'em all, but at the beginning of the game, you may place your units anywhere on the map without regard to start zones.
Capture the Flag - play continues until one player occupies the Glyph of Brandar in his/her opponent's start zone and is unengaged come the end of the turn.
Kill the General - at the beginning of the game, each player selects one unique hero in his/her army to represent that army's general. Play continues until one army's general is destroyed.
Escape! - Each player has 3 Glyphs of Brandar in their start zone in which the opposing team's figures may exit the board (if an opposing figure lands on the glyph, they are transported safely off the board and scores points for the opposing figure). Play continues until one player has no figures left on the map. The player who exits with the highest point value of units (full card scoring for heroes, partial card scoring for squads) wins.

3:00 to 4:00 - Championship Match - The two players with the best Rolling Rumble records square off for the prize. Army size, Format and Map determined at random.

3:00 to 5:15 - Open Play - Everyone is free to play scenario driven games, team games, basically any type of format you want.

5:15 to 5:55 - Clean-up and hand out any awards.

5:55 to 6:00 - Leave before the librarians kick us out or lock us in...

Likely Participants (let me know if there are any additions or subtractions):

Elginb
dok
Stryker
kpucblek
kpcublek's friend
Daniel
CyberClaw16
EricF
TroyF
Nacho
chief

People We'd Like to See, But Who Haven't Committed
lafleurhero
someguy
dok's friend Chad
All other Colorado 'Scapers

Map Making Contest Participants - please let me know if you're likely to sign up for this, otherwise, we might not hold it.

EricF
CyberClaw16
kpucblek/Daniel (Father/Son Team)

Proposed Maps - when submitting a map, please note which format and what size armies it is intended to use. Army sizes can be anywhere between 380 and 590 points.

Fossil(Kill 'em all, 380 pts) - Glyph of Ivor (Range +4), Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +eight)
Swamp Helix by dok(Kill 'em all, 380 pts)
Fire Isles(HOB, 520 pts) - Glyph of Lodin (Lucky Twenty-Sider), Glyph of Kelda (Healer)
Can't see the jungle... - BoV Map (Capture the Flag, 520 pts) - Glyph of Erland (Summoning), Glyph of Oreld (Intercept Order)
Nature Trails(Capture the Flag, 590 pts) - Glyph of Crevcor (Common Attack +1), Glyph of Ulaniva (Unique Attack +1)
Embattled Fen(Kill the General, 450 pts)
Ratcatcher(Kill the General, 520 pts)
Separation Anxiety (Escape!, 560-590 pts) - Glyph of Mitonsoul (Massive Curse), Glyph of Sturla (Revive); 6 glyphs of Brandar will be placed on the board to represent exits (1 in each start zone and 1 in between each allied start zone)

Prizes

There's no requirement that you bring something for the prize table, but I encourage you to do so, if you're willing to. I plan on bringing a couple things, myself.

Priority for picking from the prize table will be as follows:

1) Tournament Winner
2) Map Contest Winner (as voted on by event partiticpants)
3) Participant who traveled the furthest distance to attend
4) Most Surprising Army Composition (as voted on by event participants)
5) Tournament Runner-up
6-on) By Tournament record.
-- Repeat order if more prizes.

Last edited by Elginb; January 13th, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd prefer 4 Kill 'em all maps, but it's probably not worth getting into minutae on this until we have a better sense of the number of people coming.

I'll nominate my new map, Nature Trails, for capture the flag:

It uses SotM and RttFFx2. Obviously it's very similar to a bunch of popular maps (Highways and Dieways, Flash Fire, and Invasion are all obvious influences) so I don't think it's going to be too controversial.

If we want to set the glyphs in advance like we did last time, we can do that, although I'll note that this map works best when the glyphs are pretty strong. I'd suggest something like Unique Attack and Common Attack.

As for points... this map is (IMO) the most fun when there are figures all over the place, so I'd lean towards a fairly high point total. Maybe 550? 565? I don't really care what the exact number is.
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'll also nominate Ratcatcher by Gamebear, for There Can Be Only One:

It uses RotV and TJ. No Glyphs. This one seems like a decent fit for TCBOO - It's tough to decide whether you would move your leader out onto height or under jungle cover.

Any standard-ish point total should be fine... how about 490?

Heh... I'm arguing for more "Kill 'em All", and my first two suggestions are for CTF and TCBOO.
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:09 PM

As long as I'm on a roll... I'll nominate Fossil by R˙chean for regular ol' kill 'em all:

It uses SotM+RttFF. Since it's a smallish map, let's go lightweight... say, 400 points. If we set the glyphs, I'd go with midrange ones... maybe move and lucky 20-sider.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events