Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old July 6th, 2007, 03:35 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
How many pages is the rulebook? Does it desribe all the glyphs and such?
1258. No it doesn't describe anything, its just 1257 pages of pictures and then one page that says, "Please buy Rise of the Valkyrie Master for the Rules."
Obviously I meant as opposed to explaining the glyphs via cards, smartazz.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
I'm very disapointed that Iron Man doesn't have Explosion Special Attack because he's my favorite Super Hero. There's also a ruin card.
Please post the ruin card, if you get a chance. Or at least the info from it.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Sorry, forgot about that! My bad. Going up right now, once I get the last pages scanned from the rulebook.

Old July 6th, 2007, 03:47 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Abomination seems stronger than I would have made him. Silver Surfer seems weaker, point wise at least.

Hulk is a total monster. I love Super Leap, and the -attack parameter gives it a good trade off. His attack potential is amazing (though capping Hulks anger is a no-no, but I'll let it slide for balance ). Stomp is something that has been SORELY missing from Heroscape. PBAoEs are an obvious power that for some reason have always been left out.

Not much to comment on his counterpart. As I've said, I would have made him weaker personally, but for gameplay purposes, he's right on.

The surfer's really quite strong. Excellent wording though, great way to do the character and maintain threat ranges and balance. Cosmic Force is amazing I must say.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Wytefang, did you put the ruin together yet, if so, was it hard? Because for me it (the top floor piece) deosn't seem to quite fit perfectly.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:51 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
Is this a hoax?

Thanks WF.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:55 PM

TheBomar has disabled reputation
I think this may be a hoax as well

because I cant believe it finally came out.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just in case anyone missed the update to the first post...

Old July 6th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
No hoax. I'm too excited for that. LOL

I had a bit of trouble getting the top floor piece into the grooves but if you go slow and are careful it fits right in. Pretty nifty actually...
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:00 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

First thing that pops to mind with those glyphs is the scene in one of the Damage Control minis where the construction worker finds one of those...

"I lose more employees that way!"
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman

Anyone who is not interested in this set is clearly not only close-minded, but not interested in having as much fun as is possible with HS. I mean, these characters open new possibilities for fun heretofor unheard of.

Lest anyone protest, I use the term "close-minded" with weighted consideration. My rationale is that, in a game that blends history, sometimes in a manner that is evocative of "altenate reality/dimension" history of the "What if?" sort, with figures from mythology, lore, and pure literary fantasy, why, praytell, would the inclusion of characters from yet another alternate reality or mythology be somehow off-putting? Because of the literary form from which they originate? Please. If that's not elitist, it sure smacks of it

There are people who look down on people who, as adults, would spend $$ on a toy that involves moving "action figures" around on legos. These people are also close-minded and somewhat elitist.
What you're forgetting is that there are a lot of people who love Heroscape yet have no love for the comics. We, who love both, see this as nothing but a wondrous blessing, opportunity... what have you. THEY see it as potentially causing one less wave of regular Heroscape figures per year, or a dilution in the quality of work that will go into the original game's future expansions, or at the worst a complete shutdown of the original game if Marvel Heroscape vastly outsells Original Heroscape forcing Hasbro to focus entirely on Marvel expansions. They know that Hasbro is a business and will do what is best for their bottom line... if that means a shift in focus away from Original Heroscape, and that's not a far-fetched scenario, then they have a real concern.

Always remember to put yourself in other's shoes before you chastise. If you look at the situation from their point of view you'll probably see that elitism doesn't play much of a part.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Messy Eater

Well said, EJ. The rulebook scan is complete. I'm making a PDF file right now and will get this uploaded asap!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News