Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old November 10th, 2017, 10:17 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Cool choice, I would pick 3 of the minis in particular. It will makes it easier and when making the card.
Old November 10th, 2017, 10:35 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Cool choice, I would pick 3 of the minis in particular. It will makes it easier and when making the card.
The link to the mini's shows the actual miniatures. The picture was to show how they look when properly painted along with the Hissing Lizards from the same site.
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Indeed very cool. I know not this series, but I look forward to finding out.
In classic Heroscape, every piece of equipment on a figure wasn't represented on the card, so when narrowing down to three miniatures, their layout may vary. For example, only one may have a net, and that may very well be fine.

So what role did these folks play in the series? Were they kidnappers?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:32 AM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I would suggest using the
Hissing Lizards instead for the squad. They are the same price but you get 3 different sculpts which makes them more in line with traditional scape.

What direction were you looking to take these guys? I don't remember much about them other than the fact that they hissed and moved fairly slow.

Also this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I would like to have them be a common squad of three sleestak due to their only being three costumes made for the show
...is absolutely hilarious.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 11th, 2017, 04:36 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with McHotcakes on the miniatures.
Old November 11th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome.

Love me some LotL.
Old November 11th, 2017, 10:41 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Season 1; episode 2
They are slow
Tall, Medium 6
Like shadow tiles
use nets, more than once, to capture (and relocate) multiple targets
.. to detain for a long time (difficult d-20 chances)
.. to feed/something/sacrifice/presumably to a bigger baddie
Cannot attack heroes holding the Treasure Glyph of Torch
Prefer to capture instead of outright harm through attacking

Old November 12th, 2017, 03:58 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I apologize for my absence yesterday as I had a funeral to attend to. Now back to business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Season 1; episode 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7sB7dyheE
They are slow
Tall, Medium 6
Like shadow tiles
use nets, more than once, to capture (and relocate) multiple targets
.. to detain for a long time (difficult d-20 chances)
.. to feed/something/sacrifice/presumably to a bigger baddie
Cannot attack heroes holding the Treasure Glyph of Torch
Prefer to capture instead of outright harm through attacking
They are indeed slow but seem tough to outright defeat. Even though they dislike bright lights, they will walk out into the daylight to attack intruders. In that episode, they were going to sacrifice the kids to their god, but it is never said what is down in the pit so I'm not sure the sacrificing should be apart of their abilities. An idea I had for the different figures was to have a squad of basic walking sleestaks and common heroes for the crossbowman and net thrower that could be activated instead of one of the base squad figures similar to the HoSS Heavy Stormtrooper.
Quote:
IMPERIAL HEAVY SUPPORT
When taking a turn with a Common Squad of Soldiers you control that follow the Galactic Empire, you may choose to not move and attack with one of the figures and instead move and attack with a Heavy Stormtrooper you control.
That could give flexibility to the sleestaks and keep with the three per turn.
Old November 13th, 2017, 08:48 AM

@Zetsubo
Cool, so netter and crossbowmen are out for future figures.
Species: Lizardfolk?

Old November 13th, 2017, 05:27 PM

We could go that route or put the species as sleestack and then name the squad sleestack raiders or something to that effect.
Old November 13th, 2017, 08:41 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
We could go that route or put the species as sleestack and then name the squad sleestack raiders or something to that effect.
I like this idea.

Also we could design the Sleestack net and crossbow heroes at the same time as the squad I think.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 13th, 2017, 09:31 PM

If the species were Sleestak, other figures could more easily reference them.
Kratos like broke me when it came to creating peripherals. Lets just pretend the others exist. I've said it once, and I'll say it again, I like teaser cards.
My Skorne Titan (FB: Heroscapers Chat) references Warlocks who follow Utgar and my Chaos Occultists reference Demons, yet I haven't made any.
My Eleven (HoF) also references cards not made yet. It can be more fun and make people want moar.

But absolutely imagine what they would be could be when creating this card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum