Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 19th, 2010, 08:07 PM

in2bator has disabled reputation
Will you be repainting the new D3 orcs?

Perhaps I'm OCD (and who isn't on this website???), but calling some non-blue monkeys "orcs" in D3 bothers me. No consistency. I'm thinking of repainting their exposed skin blue, but I'm afeared that it would look stupid. Is anyone else going to do this? If so, please post pictures so those of us who aren't particularly good/experienced at painting can be inspired by the potential coolness of the completed units.

And since you have read this far, here's another quick question - if I use paint thinner (Testors brand, purchased at Michaels from their model paints section) on a figure I painted with acrylic paint, will it take off everything down to the plastic or will the original coat of paint remain?

Oh and before you go - what do you guys use to seal the paint after you are done? I found some stuff called "Dullcoat" (again, at Michaels) that you spray on. Will that work or do you recommend something else?

Thanks!

Good trades with SirGalahad, Nano*22, delphic, Talyn, Tartandoc, langfordrocks.
Old November 19th, 2010, 09:10 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Will you be repainting the new D3 orcs?

Nope, they are just a different race of Orc in my eyes; just like there is many different races of Human Beings.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Nope, they are just a different race of Orc in my eyes; just like there is many different races of Human Beings.
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not bothered by the fact that they don't look like the Grut Orcs, but by the fact that they don't resemble one another in any significant way. One's in full armor, one's in chain mail, one's in leather armor. They don't even look alike in the face. Heck, one looks like a werewolf. I've thought about trying to touch them up a bit, but I wonder if that will only emphasize the fact that they don't look at all like a cohesive squad. I like this wave overall, but I don't love the orcs.
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

I have a huge problem with the Orcs not the skin (cause thats racist...) ,but the hair, Orcs in heroscape dont have hair!
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
I have a huge problem with the Orcs not the skin (cause thats racist...) ,but the hair, Orcs in heroscape dont have hair!
No, that's not racist.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:17 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
No, that's not racist.
It was sorta intended as a joke... but putting a smily could make it look a little racist(irony) sorry for the poorly used wording and smily placement on my part...

I still hate the hair!
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:38 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
x2

I've had this thought all along. And it doesn't really bother me that they have different looks. Remember the Orcs in the LotR? They didn't have uniform codes.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:41 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that's part of these orcs. They're supposed to look like a ragtag bunch of wild beasts. If they all looked alike then they would appear more organized and concise than they are. It's all a part of the theme.

Old November 21st, 2010, 06:00 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh course I am. It's silly not to have blue orcs. I mean, you repainted the errors they made with Agent Carr and one of those Krav Maga right?

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have had my Orcs painted green for about 6 years now.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old November 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I solved the problem in another way. I didn't buy figures that I didn't like the look of. I didn't buy the D3 Orcs, Moltenclaw, Evar, Ice Troll, Ogre Pulverizer, Death Knights... and especially the Mezzodemons. While I admit that I am a grown man who plays games with little plastic figures, I would be embarassed to play the lobster men.

I did buy the HSB's, who look great. Siege is a good sculpt. Eltahale is OK as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards