Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 6th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Taskmaster (Final Editing)

Hey, legit concern is legit concern. Maybe there's a way to tweak things here to get the flexibility theme represented but also have his range of defense dice feel more appropriate to T-Spinny?

Tornado, what suggestions for adjustments do you have here?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 6th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I already suggested +4 Defense against adjacent attacks. It was dismissed.
I will not nay the release, I made my point.
Old July 6th, 2019, 10:54 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I already suggested +4 Defense against adjacent attacks. It was dismissed.
I will not nay the release, I made my point.
Just a static +4 no matter the match up? I know there were some concerns about him being too tough for lower attackers to hit, but that'd only put his defense at 7, which is in range of plenty of figures. I don't think it's totally unreasonable.

It does drain a bit of theme from the power, though, IMO. At that point, it seems like it'd be easier to just give him a static 7 defense and call it a day.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 6th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Should we just put it to a vote?
Old July 6th, 2019, 11:39 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I think, making that change would alter how he plays and would require at least 1 more set of tests. Plus if, like Bats put it, we just gave him a static defense of 7, we would need to change his defensive power so that it was A) either straight up Stealth Dodge or B) Stealth Dodge with a reduction to his defense.

My personal thoughts having played him is that he feels like Cap. Hard to wound but not impossible. Sure, on paper it is a much scarier power with more potential but in practice I typically just broke even or a little under. I feel that were we to do Cap over that this would be a decent way to portray his defense as well, if not as thematic.
Old July 6th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I thought we already voted on this exact issue.
Old July 6th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

We voted on leaving it uncapped, capped at +5 or something, and a vague third option. We could do another vote on the existing power vs. some sort of static power. If that’s what people want, I don’t think needing an extra set of tests or two should stop us.

I obviously prefer the existing power, and I’m under the impression the majority does too. But I’m not interested in trying to push what I want ahead if everybody actually wants something else.
Old July 6th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Seems like we have 3 options right now.

A) As is;
B) +4 in melee and the rest as is; or,
C) 7 defense and change Photoreflexive Defense to Stealth dodge.
Old July 6th, 2019, 12:02 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think the mechanics of the power should definitely stay. It really feels like he's adapting to the attack, or "leveling the playing field," which I think is perfect for his character.

Adding a cap or not is irrelevant to me. The mechanics nail the theme as best as we can do anyway, in my opinion.
Old July 6th, 2019, 12:46 PM

There's a reason this guy waited so long - he's hard to implement absolutely perfectly with no thematic oddities. From those who've played him, he sounds like a success in implementation overall.

Maybe just ask the question of if we want to revisit the mechanics or go forward to carding? A simple binary to see if there's any support either way. I'm going to abstain regardless, as I don't want Tornado seeing me as a hypocrite but I don't see a way to support his position that makes the card better either.

Old July 6th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Just A Head

I feel like I’ve said my piece at least. I’m operating under the assumption that most people are excited/comfortable with the current direction. If anyone else isn’t, I do encourage them to speak up.
Old July 6th, 2019, 01:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think his points would rise if he was rolling more def. dice vs. most attacks and would want to see more testing data before voting. He's already 30 points (SP needs to be updated to 270) above Cap when Cap's cost is deeply tied to his leadership abilities while Taskmaster is just a solo tank. If his points go up any more I'd want to see him start getting scaled back down. 270 is already pushing it IMO. Spider-Man/Batman/Namor/Psylocke are all 250. Taskmaster is pretty awesome, but he still usually ends up losing when facing those types of heroes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library