Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old December 21st, 2011, 08:24 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Valhalla Fan Art and Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadnarg434 View Post
In a fanfic still being written (active) can the rating change as the story progresses? Like if the author throws in a twist, has an amazing ending, or just improves in subsequent chapters?
I update the index for that very reason. Anything can change, but only at one of the periodical update periods. Right now, I am finishing up the major update period, and I plan to do another rating update in April. I'll do it a few times a year.
~TGRF, who really needs to read that update of yours.
Old December 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart

Great! Thats good to know. I'm determined to bring that rating up... although, it probably deserves lower than what it got, since I didn't continue it for so long.

Check out my new gigantic customs and my
custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old December 21st, 2011, 08:51 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadnarg434 View Post
Great! Thats good to know. I'm determined to bring that rating up... although, it probably deserves lower than what it got, since I didn't continue it for so long.
If someone is looking to see which fan fiction is the best, they won't want a rating based on whether or not something is completed, they want a rating on how good the content is. I will say if somethign is not included, so I intend to update the update PM to accomodate. No more ratings for discontinuation. (You are saved!) J/K
UPDATE A sudden update has occurred,
One which caused the ratings to be unsecured.
Much doom, it did spell,
For the great author of Hel.

In snuck one called The Scaped,
And to different positions, our ratings taped.
Fallen, have the four leaders,
Much to the disappointment of their readers.

Now in second, are we four,
Perhaps to rise, nevermore.
Mysterium, from his place in second,
With The Scaped, had not reckoned.

Now fallen he has, to third,
Although from him, we have not heard.
In fourth, is the author of A New Marr,
And so, the standings are.

Aka, The Scaped is now in first, and everyone went down. Dadnarg and Metaknight are now in fourth.

Last edited by TGRF; December 21st, 2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Awesome poem, TGRF. Big props once again to all your work on Fan-Fic. Keep up the good work... peace

Woah, just noticed The Tales of Eslo got a 4 rating. I appreciate it but you voters are much too kind. I would love comments over ratings any day, so please feel free. Do not take this wrong, I am honored by the rating and hope everyone enjoys this strange character. Thank you.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; December 22nd, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Awesome poem, TGRF. Big props once again to all your work on Fan-Fic. Keep up the good work... peace

Woah, just noticed The Tales of Eslo got a 4 rating. I appreciate it but you voters are much too kind. I would love comments over ratings any day, so please feel free. Do not take this wrong, I am honored by the rating and hope everyone enjoys this strange character. Thank you.
You actually got a four because two of the three people that posted on Eslo opted out of voting, so you have only one vote. That happens to be a four. Given your writing in the competition though, I would kind of like to see the Tales continued.
UPDATE The full Update is almost complete for 2011. Thanks to all those who provided ratings and a special thanks to OB for improving the rating system. The followup ratigns are only left to gather,and then, for the first time, the index will be fully completed. Also, coming soon, where to start reading fan fiction!
UPDATE Updated New? into the index.

Last edited by TGRF; December 23rd, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:09 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart

Having been away for awhile, I'm kinda confused. How does the whole ranking thing for 'best writers' work?

Check out my new gigantic customs and my
custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Araaz Grimm is surprisingly tart

Perhaps it's just me, but The Price of Un-life appears to be missing.

An unfinished fanfic that needs to be expanded on or revamped:
The Price of Un-life

An old user that wandered back to hone his writing skills.
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:11 PM

I only include a fan fiction once it has about two pages. The Price of Un-Life has one. It's getting close though!
@ Dadnarg I rate authors based on the average ratings of all their indexed fictions. It used to be that I would send out PMs to all the active authors, but this way, no one is missed, and it is a lot more reliable. A fiction also has to have more than one vote in order to add to the author's rating. I'm thinking about upping it to two, because first place snuck in with only two, while the people with several fictions have a lot better rating.

UPDATE Updated the 'Other' section.
UPDATE Updated author rankings yet again. Now added that you have to have two votes on your fiction before ti can contribute to your rating, and updated the author ratings. They stand as follows: The 15th Bumper in first; Akralon, me, and the Blade of the Orc all in second; and the 434th Dadnarg and the Knight of Meta in third.
UPDATE Updated New? section, added Wind in the Trees.
UPDATE Updated The Fall of Valhalla and the Trials of Syvarris

Last edited by TGRF; December 26th, 2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:52 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Greetings, one and all! After requesting permission from IAmBatman and RevDyer, I have decided to restart this thread, seeing as the previous version was last updated over a year ago. If I have forgotten anything, or have any spelling errors in here, please post a reply telling me what it is and providing a link, if necessary.
I am going to include a brief description of each item. If you would like to write your description of your own fiction or art, PM me and I'll insert it.
I have also decided to include a rating for each item. Once I have all the links in, I will PM those that have commented on the article in question and ask them what rating they would give the article. The rating system will go something like this:
1: Could use work.
2: Good
3:Very Good
4:Excellent
5:Incredible
They will give me one of these numbers, and I will average the rating out and post it here. Please note that these ratings are averages of all the votes, and do not reflect anyone's personal opinion.
I will also include a status. The statuses for the fiction will be as follows:
Active: Chapters are being posted, and the fiction is not yet complete.
Completed: Completed.
Not Active: Partially completed, but not being updated. This also includes something that has been dropped.
Being Written: Being written, but hasn't been posted yet. Obviously there will be no links for these.
If you want anything else to be added to the thread regarding the articles, PM me or leave a post. I hope you enjoy!

Fan Fic Contest Archive A very useful thread, this archive documents all of the stories submitted in the fan fic contest (see contests, below). It is a fast and easy way to see all of the submissions, and the winners, to each challenge. Please do not post in it unless you are updating it.

New to Fan Fiction? Start Here!
Spoiler Alert!

Fan Art (22)
Spoiler Alert!

Fan Fiction (39)
Spoiler Alert!

Contests (2)
Spoiler Alert!

Other (10)
Spoiler Alert!
Umm... This isn't a completed list? What about PK's and GamJuven's fanfics??? There was another list that was stickied that was replaced by this one. I think you should refer to it (if you can find out where the heck it disappeared to).
Old December 30th, 2011, 03:37 PM

My friend, please read the OP. As I said, if I have missed anything, feel free to link me to it. I did refer to the original index. IAmBatamn has given me permission to remake the index, seeing as the previous version was about a year out of date. There are indeed things by PK and gamjuven indexed. And no, something like this isn't completed that fast. I am almost done though. Last I checked, teh original index was somewhere on page three. IAmBatman unstickied it because it was out of date. I have not indexed every single last thing in the forum obviously, only the last thirty pages I think. If there is something that is beyond that range, but should definitely be indexed, please let me know and provide a link. Thanks.
UPDATE Added more to the New? Section.

Last edited by TGRF; December 30th, 2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:22 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
My friend, please read the OP. As I said, if I have missed anything, feel free to link me to it. I did refer to the original index. IAmBatamn has given me permission to remake the index, seeing as the previous version was about a year out of date. There are indeed things by PK and gamjuven indexed. And no, something like this isn't completed that fast. I am almost done though. Last I checked, teh original index was somewhere on page three. IAmBatman unstickied it because it was out of date. I have not indexed every single last thing in the forum obviously, only the last thirty pages I think. If there is something that is beyond that range, but should definitely be indexed, please let me know and provide a link. Thanks.
You need "The Rise and Fall of the Pumpkin King". Also Gamjuven's "Zombies!". And PK's "Hulk Smash Vydar!".
Old December 31st, 2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
Quote:
You need "The Rise and Fall of the Pumpkin King". Also Gamjuven's "Zombies!". And PK's "Hulk Smash Vydar!".
Links? Also, btw, you should continue the Ranger of Tilyan. It only needs another page until it can be indexed.
EDIT: Found the two by Pumpkin King and linked them, but did not find Zombies! I still need a link for that one.
UPDATE Updated new fiction into the index, and updated the Final Battleground's Status.
UPDATE Updated Cyprien's Castle, now active!
UPDATE updated the Conspriacy to Completed. For those of you who wish to know, the next bout of updated ratings will occur sometime in the middle of April, so if you read something new, be sure to post on it so that you can give a rating for it.

Last edited by TGRF; January 21st, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction