Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 6th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Angel (Liam) - Design Phase

Oooh, great point. I like it even more now!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 7th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

That's two votes for C and two for A, which are the two I'm torn between. johnny, SirG? Any opinions here?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 7th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

C for sure. I'll compromise on it.
Old March 8th, 2014, 08:18 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Healing seems to have the lead here, so let's go with that. I'll send this out to the ERB and hopefully start on the initial tomorrow.

Old March 9th, 2014, 05:21 PM

First ERB responses:

I'm not too worried about Dark Avenger stacking with other powers, given that Angel's only works against normal, adjacent attacks and Namor can already do the same thing, but better. Worth testing though!

I'm aiming to place him in the low 200s, so I'll be making stat tweaks to keep him there if necessary.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Dark Avenger is a much more balanced version of Bizarro's power. As usual with defensive powers like this one, the question is whether it gets broken when it stacks with other defensive abilities. The tough tests would be with Jocasta, Bizarro, Vakyrie, etc. Because Demon Within limits activation synergy, he's not necessarily all that useful in undead armies. More of a general purpose defensive figure.

Probably in the low to mid 200s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
Buffy gets a (sometime) ally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
NAME = ANGEL

SECRET IDENTITY = LIAM ???

SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTECTOR
PERSONALITY = BROODING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = .

DARK AVENGER
Immediately after a friendly figure within 3 spaces of Angel rolls defense against a normal attack, you may move Angel adjacent to the defending figure. If Angel ends this move also adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll 1 unblockable die against that figure. When Angel uses Dark Avenger, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

THE DEMON WITHIN
After taking a turn with Angel, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-3, remove all Order Markers from this card and choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Angel. If Angel is controlled by a player that did not control Angel at the start of the game, Angel cannot use his Dark Avenger special power and rolls one additional attack die.

HEALING
At the end of the round, you may remove 1 wound marker from this card.
Your thoughts and comments are appreciated, gentlemen.

Thanks,
TB
I believe that the C3G standard is "if it isn't possible, you can't use the power". I'll run it by the others though.

You're right on giving the card to the opponent, I'll update the wording.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Angel

Merry Christmas!!!

Didn’t see that one coming, did you?

Dark Avenger
Checking the Index, I notice a lot of these abilities that allow a figure to move outside its turn includes “if possible.” This is because the defending figure within 3 spaces may be at the top of a tower while Angel is on a lower level, for example.

The Demon Within

I’d like to have a Pizza Within.

It could be possible for Angel to switch back and forth multiple times, which wouldn't happen too often unless you have a really lopsided d20. It’s always fun to have figures swap sides in Heroscape.

Would you need to add text indicating you give the card to the opponent?

Healing

The doctor is in!

Final Thoughts

Nice ability set and fun design, and I love the risk of swapping teams.

Old March 12th, 2014, 02:06 PM

More from dok:
Quote:
In the scenario you propose, Nimrod could attack from range and not have to worry about Angel. Angel is also relying on a die to deal his wounds, so he's only dealing a wound every other attack, on average.

That's a good army, but it's also a lot of points and I don't see that Angel is adding all that much. Not when adding Jocasta or Sage instead would probably make for a stronger army at less points. I'm happy to test it though, and I'll queue it up as one of my planned games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Namor's terrain dependency is significant, though. If you position correctly the power only works once.

The scenario is something like this: Nimrod against Bizarro+Angel. Nimrod has to attack Bizarro to avoid the special power, but this means Angel is hitting him for autowounds with every attack. So the one defensive power (Bizarro's) allows you to fully leverage the other one (Angel's).

If you add more defensive powers (like Jocasta or Valkyrie) it just gets harder and harder to avoid those autowounds. Basically, you need to have autowounds of your own.

Bizarre army concept: Bizarro, Angel, Count Vertigo, Valkyrie. Put that out against, say, the Wrecking Crew, and I think it gets ugly.

It's easy to argue this is more the fault of Bizarro or Valkyrie than Angel, but a second non-terrain-dependent defensive power that can deliver autowounds does create some new combos. I don't think it's necessarily broken but it's powerful.

Quote:
I'm not too worried about Dark Avenger stacking with other powers, given that Angel's only works against normal, adjacent attacks and Namor can already do the same thing, but better. Worth testing though!

I'm aiming to place him in the low 200s, so I'll be making stat tweaks to keep him there if necessary.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok
Dark Avenger is a much more balanced version of Bizarro's power. As usual with defensive powers like this one, the question is whether it gets broken when it stacks with other defensive abilities. The tough tests would be with Jocasta, Bizarro, Vakyrie, etc. Because Demon Within limits activation synergy, he's not necessarily all that useful in undead armies. More of a general purpose defensive figure.

Probably in the low to mid 200s.

Old March 12th, 2014, 08:43 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good conversation. I'm glad it's being had. I don't disagree with your response a bit, but I'm also very glad dok brought it up.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 14th, 2014, 05:04 PM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Angel

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit too powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass
- Give a brief overview. Angel didn't win many of these here, but 1-on-1 is going to be one of his worst scenarios. Dark Avenger doesn't come in to play and he'll have more of a chance to heal in full-scale games. Also of note: I ignored The Demon Within for the Hero and Squad tests to get less swingy results.
Map: Custom

Spoiler Alert!

- What should be the unit's point value? 190-210
- Give a brief overview. Angel takes on a tough trio.
Units: Triplicate Girl (190)
Spoiler Alert!

- What should be the unit's point value? 190-200
- Give a brief overview. Angel versus Themyscira's best.
Units: Amazon Warriors x2 (200)
Spoiler Alert!

- Give a brief overview.Trying to exploit Dark Avenger as much as possible with this game. It worked okay, but didn't feel overly strong.
Map: Custom (modified HYDRA Base)

Units: Angel (200), Bizarro (310), Valkyrie (350), Count Vertigo (160) (1020) VS The Wrecking Crew (800), Sage (190), Skrull Infiltrator x3 (30) (1020)
Unit Summary:
Damage: 1 wound to Bulldozer, 1 wound to Piledriver, 5 wounds to Wrecker, 3 wounds to Thunderball.
Dark Avenger: 6 times used; 3 out of 5 wounds.
The Demon Within: 0 out of 8 rolls.
Healing: 4 wounds healed.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- Give a brief overview.The heroes in this game ignored Dark Avenger but the squad figures weren't so brave. It worked to their favor here, but things could have been very different had Angel hit a couple of those rolls.

Units: Angel (200), John Stewart (340), Doctor Light (190), Merlyn (160) (890) VS Lady Deathstrike (240), Bullseye (175), X-23 (220), Hand Ninja x3 (255) (890)
Unit Summary:
Damage: 3 wounds to Deathstrike,
Dark Avenger: 3 times used; 0 out of 3 wounds.
The Demon Within: 0 out of 2 rolls.
Healing: 2 wounds healed.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 3
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- Give a brief overview.Rematch!

Units: Angel (200), John Stewart (340), Doctor Light (190), Merlyn (160) (890) VS Lady Deathstrike (240), Bullseye (175), X-23 (220), Hand Ninja x3 (255) (890)
Unit Summary:
Damage: none.
Dark Avenger: 1 times used; 0 out of 1 wounds.
The Demon Within: 0 out of 0 rolls.
Healing: 2 wounds healed.

Spoiler Alert!

Old March 14th, 2014, 05:06 PM

Despite the three losses, I'd be fine with sending him to the public at 200. He had a very nice showing in game one and the losses in games two and three had more to do with the lack of a multi-attacker for Army One. Certainly not opposed to 190 though. Any thoughts?

Old March 14th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm always a "side of caution" guy, so, yeah - send him out at 200 and see if he drops. Pre-Yea
Old March 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM

Sounds good! Pre-yea at 200 with chances of him coming in at 190 after public tests.

Old March 15th, 2014, 05:02 PM

Couple minutes early, but what the hey, I propose Angel move to Public Playtesting at 200 points.

Still need quozl, LP, A3n, SirG.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library