Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 18th, 2010, 04:08 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Finishing the Factions with Customs (update 8/26/10)

So I've read 1Mmirg's thread http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31722 on factions and what is needed to complete those factions. And I have decided to re-evaluate customs based on this article. I hope to complete factions with my customs or others customs (possibly re-worded) in this thread.

To begin with, since i still have limited access to a computer, I will be only posting stats, then I will add cards later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmrig
Comments: Definitely a legit faction and one I think a lot of us would like to see more from. Really they’re only an Orc King/Chief/Warlord and an Elite Orc squad or two from being a darn complete Faction. Though if they wanted to throw in some more Orcs on various prehistoric mounts for a truer Cavalry type of Shocktroop, I wouldn’t complain about that either.
To fill this hole, I present Czar Gorbak:
Spoiler Alert!

An Elite Orc squad:
Spoiler Alert!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; August 26th, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:23 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Finishing the Factions with Customs

I like what you are doing here. The only thing is the Enrage the Gruts feels "clunky." Every roll has a different result and a different mechanic.

It would feel simpler (and more elegant) if the results were the same:

Like this:
Roll1: Destroy a common orc squad figure you control (ala stingers)
Roll 2-8: Move up to 2 Common Orc Squad Figures up to 5 spaces
Roll 9-15 Move up to 3 Common Orc Squad Figures up to 5 spaces
Roll 16-20 Move up to 4 common Orc Squad figures up to 5 spaces.

I would even combine 2-15 to move 2 Common Orc Squad Figures to cut down on the number of possible results.

The other powers are very flavorful and I could see them on an orc champion.

Is he riding a dino in your head? Do you have any concept art or idea for him?

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:26 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Good idea, ZB!

I don't have time right now to look much but I am looking forward to when I do have soome time.
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:30 PM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
I like what you are doing here. The only thing is the Enrage the Gruts feels "clunky." Every roll has a different result and a different mechanic.

Like this:

I would even combine 2-15 to move 2 Common Orc Squad Figures to cut down on the number of possible results.

The other powers are very flavorful and I could see them on an orc champion.

Is he riding a dino in your head? Do you have any concept art or idea for him?
Thanks WV...I think you are right the first power is a little clunky And I added a link to the picture of the figure I will be using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Good idea, ZB!

I don't have time right now to look much but I am looking forward to when I do have soome time.
Thanks Lamaclown.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:31 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
...And I added a link to the picture of the figure I will be using.

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 19th, 2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:

Like this:
I agree with you, except I really want the "negative" to be a grut attacking an adjacent figure, if possible. To me it represents the theme that the Czar is Enraging the gruts so much that they go beserk and attack the closest target.

Updated first entry with WV's sugesstion.

-ZB

Old August 19th, 2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Like this:
I agree with you, except I really want the "negative" to be a grut attacking an adjacent figure, if possible. To me it represents the theme that the Czar is Enraging the gruts so much that they go beserk and attack the closest target.

-ZB
I kinda thought you wanted it to be a negative, however, your "negative" isn't really a negative. If you have an orc adjacent to an enemy fig, your negative just gave your grut an extra attack. If you have no gruts that are adjacent to an enemy, just pick a grut not adjacent to any figs and say, I pick this one to make an attack. Oh look, no one to attack, shucks.

My idea of destroying a fig was that your enraged gruts did attack one another and took a casualty. It wasn't a self destruct orc, just a glossed over inter-orc-fight.

Anyway, mechanically, you'll figure it out. Flavor wise, it is a great idea.

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I see each view point.
ZBs views the action of an enraged Grut as it takes place.
WVs views the result of the enraged Grut's actions.

My thought on it is... um... well, either one works.
Gee, aren't I a fount of profound wisdom and insight.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
I see each view point.
ZBs views the action of an enraged Grut as it takes place.
WVs views the result of the enraged Grut's actions.

My thought on it is... um... well, either one works.
Gee, aren't I a fount of profound wisdom and insight.
I don't mind ZB's "action", however, it isn't a negative.

If it was just a "possible" outcome, I think it would be fine, but since it is supposed to be a "negative" outcome, I don't think it is all that negative (based on what I said in my previous post).

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 19th, 2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Like this:

-ZB
I kinda thought you wanted it to be a negative, however, your "negative" isn't really a negative. If you have an orc adjacent to an enemy fig, your negative just gave your grut an extra attack. If you have no gruts that are adjacent to an enemy, just pick a grut not adjacent to any figs and say, I pick this one to make an attack. Oh look, no one to attack, shucks.

My idea of destroying a fig was that your enraged gruts did attack one another and took a casualty. It wasn't a self destruct orc, just a glossed over inter-orc-fight.

Anyway, mechanically, you'll figure it out. Flavor wise, it is a great idea.
Thanks. You have a point and I can also see how destroying a grut can work as well. But I think one free attack still would represent a Berserk type mood.

Old August 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM

Ok I performed a couple tests of Czar Gobak.

Test 1: 510 pts : Czar Gorbak / Nerak / Ornak / 3x Heavy Gruts vs 4xDwarves/ Mogrimm / Migol
Used Ornak to take a turn with Gorbak and Nerak. Gorbak’s ability allowed me to move the Gruts, but without another Champion to bond with the Gruts…Nerak and Ornak did not last long. I think Czar Gobak needsshould not be a Champion to avoid “double” bonding…but a “500” point build is not big enough to make it work.

Test 2: 650 pts. Czar Gorbak / Nerak / Grimnak / 3x Heavy Gruts / Ornak/ Marcu vs 4x Dwarves / Darrak / Migol / Mogrimm / Raelin (rotv)
More of a punch! First OM, Ornak moves up Gorbak and Grimnak. Gorbak uses his ability to move up some Gruts to the front. 2nd OM gruts bond with Nerak and move more to the front. Now the Orc versions of “Tealord” and “Realin” are in position to help out and the the with 3rd OM, Grimnak can be the Champion for the Gruts like normal. This was a great combo and just like described in 1Mmrng’s and IAmBatman’s article the “General” works better in larger builds.

I think Czar Gorbak fulfills his role and benefits the Orcs in a new way.

---------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------

Now the Orcs need an Unique Squad. So I present the Dark Hills Berserkers:

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards