Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old June 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Re: Diablo 3 !!!!! COMING SOON

Oh dear lord. What is going on with the gaming industry? They just keep coming out with awesome games!

I'm now sad, I know my system won't be able to handle this game,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt View Post

Ditto. My old computer here can't even handle the gameplay video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

I couldn't find my old Diablo II disc (I didn't look very hard), but I started playing Baldur's Gate again in quasi-celebration. Whoo!

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:28 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation

The good news is Diablo 3.
Bad news is I'll have to get a new computer.

Either way, I'm re-installing D2 later today.

Old June 29th, 2008, 02:31 PM

CaptainCanuck is surprisingly tart

I also just reinstalled diablo 2 half way through the first act still a fun game after all these years.
Old June 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:

Same here, actually. By the time this game actually comes out, I'm sure I'll be in the market for a new computer though. Plus, I'm not exactly the type of person that gets games the second they come out. I am loving some Pokemon Emerald right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
I couldn't find my old Diablo II disc (I didn't look very hard), but I started playing Baldur's Gate again in quasi-celebration. Whoo!
Baldur's Gate isn't exactly an alternative to Diablo. I'ven't played the first one, but Baldur's Gate II and Throne of Bhaal are excellent. Thanks, jerkface, now I have to play Diablo II AND BGII this summer.
Old June 29th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:

Same here, actually. By the time this game actually comes out, I'm sure I'll be in the market for a new computer though. Plus, I'm not exactly the type of person that gets games the second they come out. I am loving some Pokemon Emerald right now.
Leaf Green for me,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:18 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation

My PC won't cope with it either. But I've learned the folly of upgrading to play one or two games in the past; I'll wait for "Diablo 360", or it's nearest equivalent. PCs are for word-processing and emailing on.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old June 29th, 2008, 04:54 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
My PC won't cope with it either. But I've learned the folly of upgrading to play one or two games in the past; I'll wait for "Diablo 360", or it's nearest equivalent. PCs are for word-processing and emailing on.
They're also for babysitting your children, just like television.

Edit-
And DMX.
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
My PC won't cope with it either. But I've learned the folly of upgrading to play one or two games in the past; I'll wait for "Diablo 360", or it's nearest equivalent.
Maybe for you, the rest of us have upgraded to a brand new smokin' fast PC for only $600-700 (or less considering that new video cards can be had for a mere $100 that are amazingly fast). Considering that my last PC and my best buddies' gaming PC both lasted a good 3+ years with no problems or significant drop in quality, I'd say that's a heck of a good investment. Also, remember, when you upgrade, you can actually play as many games as you'd like, not just one or two.

That being said, as far as waiting for D3 X360, you may be waiting a while but for your sake, if you're stuck with a console, I hope that it's not a long wait.

Quote:
PCs are for word-processing and emailing on.
And for playing games at superb resolutions, the ability to save anywhere in our games, more options for online play and in-game (nearly 99% of the time - see games like ShadowRun, Gears of War, or UT3 for a sad example of what happens when a PC game is consolized), and a nearly infinite variety of genres and innovation (the PC is known for being the best platform to develop and play innovative games on). :P

Seriously, it sounds like someone has a case of Diablo 3 envy.

(Just to clarify, this isn't meant as a mean-spirited post, RichardD...just joshing with ya.)

Last edited by Wytefang; June 30th, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old June 29th, 2008, 11:18 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
Quote:
My PC won't cope with it either. But I've learned the folly of upgrading to play one or two games in the past; I'll wait for "Diablo 360", or it's nearest equivalent.
Maybe for you, the rest of us have upgraded to a brand new smokin' fast PC for only $600-700 (or less considering that new video cards can be had for a mere $100 that are amazingly fast). Considering that my last PC and my best buddies' gaming PC both lasted a good 3+ years with no problems or significant drop in quality, I'd say that's a heck of a good investment. Also, remember, when you upgrade, you can actually play as many games as you'd like, not just one or two.

That being said, as far as waiting for D3 X360, you may be waiting a while but for your sake, if you're stuck with a console, I hope that it's not a long wait.

Quote:
PCs are for word-processing and emailing on.
And for playing games at superb resolutions, the ability to save anywhere in our games, more options for online play and in-game (nearly 99% of the time - see games like ShadowRun, Gears of War, or UT3 for a sad example of what happens when a PC game is consolized), and a nearly infinite variety of genres and innovation (the PC is known for being the best platform to develop and play innovative games on). :P

Seriously, it sounds like someone has a case of Diablo 3 envy.
...school provided laptop...
...I get a new one junior year... I hope it'll work...

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker

Yeah...for the record, if you accidently screw up while entering your birthday, you can't view any of the videos on the site. Well done, Blizzard. Another pre-pubecent saved from the horrors of tiny pixelation and drab commentary.

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games