Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:24 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LilNewbie's Terrain and Obstacles...

Here are some items I picked up from PetCo:

Ancient Head Statue:

Obelisk and Horus (EDIT: typed Ra on accident) Statues:

Columns:

Here are some obstacles/items I picked up at Michael's while picking up some the halloween stone gargoyles shown in another thread:

They are from a company called Safair Ltd. and the item was Anicent Egypt Toob. I got 2 of them for 5.99 each and they both contained 11 objects (only two of the items wouldn't work for HS).

Newb.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:21 AM

Widigo has disabled reputation
Not bad!
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:25 AM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
all pretty cool apart from the Egyptian figures in the last pic... don't like those at all. Might look alright painted like stone, but as they are the colours are too vibrant for me. Interesting head - is it a fish tank ornament? I'm assuming Petco is a pet shop....
Old August 3rd, 2006, 05:55 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I agree with robaula about the Egyptian stuff. Maybe if it had a sand colored and textured paint so it looks like carved sandstone or something? Make it look like it goes with the Ra statue and I think you'd be in business. Those columns look real good
Old August 3rd, 2006, 06:35 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
A little sand fleck stone paint from Wally world would do wonders for those egyptian figs. Also did you get those columns for (( cents like I did? They are pretty nice.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

The picture doesn't do them justice (blame the photographer there ) but some of the egyptian items in the last picture do need a little paint work but they still look pretty cool and will look better with a little work. I was going to use this stuff for dungeon games more than standard HS games. They look a little out of place on the map but in a dungeon setting I bet the are going to look great. My favorites are the cat and ra statues and the egyptian tomb. The statues will look much beter with their bases painted and maybe some age added to them (some paint washes...although Gold doesn't tarnish.)

The Head, Obelisk and Ra statues, along with columns, are all fish aquarium items. Petco (a large pet retail store) had a sale and I picked up some of the items for a decent price. Sky, I got the columns for .99 cents a piece, iirc.

Newb.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:20 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
quicky about the columns - they look alot taller than other similar columns I have seen, which in my book is good How tall are they, newb?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 01:30 PM

They are listed as 5 inches high. I'll verify when I get home.

Newb.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:22 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah, those look real sweet, NewB. I like the Obelisk and columns. I've seen the ancient head statue somewhere before. That one looks real good too.

I agree with the others on the those brightly colored god statues. Maybe weather them a bit? The cats and the mummy caskets are my favorites. I could see laying the mummy caskets on their backs.

Nice find overall. How much did the columns and Obelisk cost if I can ask?

Here are two statues I found at Dollar Tree. I really like these. Not ancient Egyptian, but Chinese:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...?p=47237#53173
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:27 PM

The Columns were .77 cents each (picked up 12) and the Obelisk (called a Mayan Monument) was 4.77 (picked up 2). Picked them up during a sale at PetCo.

The two statues you found are very cool (posted a comment in the thread.)

Newb.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
The Columns were .77 cents each (picked up 12) and the Obelisk (called a Mayan Monument) was 4.77 (picked up 2). Picked them up during a sale at PetCo.

The two statues you found are very cool (posted a comment in the thread.)

Newb.
Wow, that is a decent price for the columns! The Obelisk was labeled 'Mayan'? Yeah, I guess it is upon closer inspection. Now that is even more interesting. Makes me start to wonder if we'll see any Mayans or Aztec warriors in Heroscape's future!

...trying to recall where my local PetCo is...
Old August 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
That ancient head piece is great.

I was looking for an Obelisk for some Egyptian customs I downloaded which actually place an obelisk on the game board.

I was just right next to a Petco yesterday too. I wish I would have gone in there now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles