Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old July 31st, 2007, 10:09 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My Next Video Game

I've been on an RTS/Strategy (Dawn of Warark Crusade / Medieval Total War 2) kick recently and now I'd like to play something with a bit more action and story. I've yet to finish Oblivion, but it's just not grabbing me. So I'm cautiously turning to you kindly folks for suggestions on my next PC game. Thanks!
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:53 AM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
Rise of Nations: Gold (Game and expansion)

Best. RTS. Ever.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:03 AM

Erasmas Woo who?
Well...
If it's console that you're looking for (Xbox 360 preferrably), and you want action (first-person shooter) with a good storyline...
Then I highly recommend Rainbow Six: Vegas.

It has a decent story that you can put down and come back to later. It has a good blend of "blow stuff up" and tactical movement. It takes a little while to play through, but not too long. And then you get into the online mulitiplayer aspect... with is a whole nother creature in and of itself.

Erasmas' Wonderful World of Customs!
God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:24 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
I myself am not much of a first person shooter fan. I like more of an fantasy RPG or action RPG personally. I loved Oblivion but if it isn't your thing, try Two Worlds, it is coming out this month and will probably be awesome.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:36 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just looking for PC games at this point Erasmas. Sounds interesting, but I don't have any of the new systems.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:40 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I know you said you were looking for a Action/Story driven game, but I would like to suggest Company of Heroes. RELIC, same guys who made the Dawn of War series, really put out an excellent game. It's another RTS, but if your familiar with Dark Crusade, you should feel right at home with CoH.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:43 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
Stronghold series, all of them. Each one plays some what different and there is a story line to he campaign modes.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:46 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
I know you said you were looking for a Action/Story driven game, but I would like to suggest Company of Heroes. RELIC, same guys who made the Dawn of War series, really put out an excellent game. It's another RTS, but if your familiar with Dark Crusade, you should feel right at home with CoH.
Ditto

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 31st, 2007, 03:44 PM

Alright, I'll look into it Uprising. Thanks!

atmos, I own all the Stronghold games and yes, they're freaking awesome. If you like castle building. Which I do.
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:39 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Just looking for PC games at this point Erasmas. Sounds interesting, but I don't have any of the new systems.
Any of the Battlefield games. 32 people max on each team with vehicles, planes, and ships on massive levels. It's crazy.
Old July 31st, 2007, 04:42 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old July 31st, 2007, 06:53 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
twcenter.net Get all the mods you'll ever need. Medieval 2 Total War is heavily modded. There are a ton of modders making completely new experiences, adding new factions that should be in game. fixing bugs giving new maps to play on. New historic battles. Twcenter.net is where I go for my mods theres other sites. Rome:Total War is even better than medieval though so pick it up.

For action though...Battlefield 2142

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games