Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: UPC's Custom Creations - Easy Company Medic added

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago
Are you saying that they are under priced or over priced? I would be willing to hear either side as I just threw a dart at the pricing board to assign their price. Sorry for the confusion.
I think that they are overpriced.

With Kelda (80 points) you get to remove a wound on a roll of 2 or higher (95% of the time). With a roll of 16 Kelda will remove 2 wounds.
The Medics (100 points) only get to remove a wound on a roll of 16 or higher (25% of the time). To heal 2 wounds you'd have to roll 16+ twice.

I get that you are going for a 'frenzy' type of healing but a 2-man squad with an attack of 1, with the healing numbers where they are, in my thinking, would go for 60-70 points.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
BTW, your targeting silhouettes are missing their little green sighting dots.
The silhouette is still one area that I have not gotten the hang of it; no gray, no green dot as of yet.
Did you try Greyowl's and my suggestion for the silhouette? The answer you seek is in layers... (and opacity)

Quote:
Thank you very much for the feedback
I only do it so that you'll feel compelled to comment on mine .
Old April 23rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

I use the "circle selection" tool, then fill that circle using the "paint bucket" tool with a bright green that I "syringe" from an official card's targeting circle.

It helps if you're zoomed in, as well.

As for the Medics, perhaps 3 for 100? Or make their ability exactly like Kelda's?

Also, for "Field Dressing", perhaps use "within 5 spaces" instead of "adjacent". It's hard to keep figs still during MarvelScape

Just some thoughts...
Old April 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I use the "circle selection" tool, then fill that circle using the "paint bucket" tool with a bright green that I "syringe" from an official card's targeting circle.

It helps if you're zoomed in, as well.
I just zoom in and click a couple of times using a round paint brush of appropriate size and colour.

Quote:
As for the Medics, perhaps 3 for 100? Or make their ability exactly like Kelda's?
3 would work OK.

Quote:
Also, for "Field Dressing", perhaps use "within 5 spaces" instead of "adjacent". It's hard to keep figs still during MarvelScape
This is a good idea as well.

Gee whiz Jonathan, it is like you're a master custom card creator . (where is your title gone anyhow?)
Old April 24th, 2008, 05:53 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Gee whiz Jonathan, it is like you're a master custom card creator . (where is your title gone anyhow?)

The new site stoled it

That's why I now have to sit back and watch UPC make all the cards
Old April 24th, 2008, 09:18 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post

The new site stoled it

That's why I now have to sit back and watch UPC make all the cards
Hey, I am right there with you with the non-title. I used to have a Strategy title and now it is gone. I guess I am in the process of having to redefine myself...

I am definitely missing something with the silhouette and Photoshop. I cannot figure out how to actually "paint" on the silhouette (or any image for that matter). I know how to Extract a figure from an image. I know how to resize an image. I even know how to make the silly thing red. But for the life of me, I have no idea how to paint on the darn thing. I am such a graphical software noobie...

Jonathan and Whitestuff, thank you for the suggestions. I will not have much time to revisit the Easy Company Medics over the weekend, but I will hope to have them updated by sometime next week.

Now I have to go find another dadgum Heroclix Easy Company Medic...

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old April 25th, 2008, 12:27 AM
C3G Hero

I've been working on a Photoshop custom creating tutorial. I might as well let you test it out for me and see if it is up to scratch .

This is the section about how to create the targeting/LOS image.

LOS/Targeting Image

1. Find the image you're planning on using for your figure. If it is a Heroclix figure then go to the wizkids site and search in their galleries for the picture of your character. Here is the figure that I'll be working on.
Open the image into Photoshop (PS)

3. When you open a picture in PS, it's layer is locked by default so you'll need to click on the layer (keep your mouse button pressed) and drag it to the 'new layer' button on the bottom of the left-hand side of the program.

4. When you are above the 'new layer' button, release the mouse button. You should now see 2 layers.

5. Click on the 'eye' symbol of your original layer so that it is no longer visible.

6. Select the 'Magic Wand Tool' from the tools on the right-hand side.

7. Making sure that the newly copied layer is selected, click on the background. You should see the 'marching ants' indicating the areas that you've selected.

8. With the background area selected, hit the delete button to make the background magically disappear. Notice that you now see a checkerboard background which represents invisible pixels.

9. Tidy up any missed areas with the eraser tool. You don't have to be too precious about this as it will be coloured over anyway .

10. When using the eraser tool you can right click on the image to get a dialog box in which you can change the size and shape of your eraser tool.

11. You should now have an image with no background.

12. Make a copy of this new layer.

13. Make sure the newest layer is selected.

14. Notice the 'Opacity' slider?

Drag the opacity down to about 50%.

15. Select the "Magic Wand Tool' and click on the checkboard background. (If you hold down 'shift' and click you can add to you selection. If you hold down 'alt' and click you can subtract from your selection.)

16. If you where to try and draw on you image, nothing would happen as we have selected the background and not the image, so from the menu options on the top of the screen, choose 'Select' and then 'Inverse'.

17. With the image now selected, we can now start colouring (and it will all be within the lines ).

18. Choose the 'Brush' tool.

19. Notice the two coloured squares at the bottom of the tools on the left-hand side? Click on the full box to change the foreground colour.

20. Choose the appropriate red and click 'OK'.

21. Paint over all of the parts of the figure that someone could target.

Notice that you can still see the image underneath the coloured part. (Don't worry, it is meant to look that way.)

22. Once finished, change the foreground colour to the grey used to show parts that cannot be targetted
and click 'OK'. Colour them in.

23. Change your foreground colour to the green used for the sighting spot
and click 'OK'.

24. Zoom right in, choose an appropriate size for the circle and click once, right between the eyes.

25. Deselect the image be using the menus across the top. 'Select' -> 'Deselect'

26. While the newly coloured layer is still selected, slide the 'opacity' back up to 100% and marvel at your finished image.

There you go. Am I missing any parts? Any bit not explained clearly? Let me know.

Last edited by whitestuff; April 25th, 2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old April 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

Dude!!

I will definitely give this a go next week. If I hadn't already given you +rep just the other day, I would be sending some your way again today. Now I have to start my IOU Rep notepad....

Old April 26th, 2008, 03:36 AM

Batmite has disabled reputation

Here is Ambush. He needs some more info still - cost, etc...

Old April 28th, 2008, 09:45 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Whitestuff, I was out of town over the weekend so I did not have a chance to utilize your Photoshop tutorial. I hope to put it to use some time this week.

Batmite, very nice!!! Thank you for the card build. Now we just need some community concensus to figure out what point value people would be willing to spend on drafting him. Community, I'm talking to you...

Old April 28th, 2008, 09:54 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago View Post
Now we just need some community concensus to figure out what point value people would be willing to spend on drafting him. Community, I'm talking to you...
Umm, 10 points? I might be missing the point but he seems like a bit of a .
Old April 28th, 2008, 09:59 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

10 points was my first guesstimate as well during my initial stat/ability generation. I figured with the high cost supes it would be fairly easy to throw in a 10 point figure as it is very tough to field two equally valued teams against each other in the Marvelscape world. If anything, Ambush Bug can provide some comedic relief.

Old April 28th, 2008, 10:02 AM
C3G Hero

Still for the 10 points I'd rather have Isamu. At least he has a chance to hang around for a while. The bug might not even make it through the beginning of the first turn. I guess that would be funny though...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations