Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 9th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
If you use the select tool to select the picture first, and then paint, it will automatically restrict painting to within the selection. Piece of cake to stay within the lines!
Old April 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Whitestuff and GreyOwl, thank you for the tips! Those little knowledge nuggets are the very things that I need to learn. I haven't had a chance to use the new found knowledge, but I do plan on using it in the future.

I have updated my first post in the thread with my latest versions of my Super Hero customs. Among other things, I finally completed Red Ghost and his Super Apes. Please comment and critique.

Allskulls and hextr1p, thanks again for the previous critiques. I made some changes to Peotor, Valkyrie and Diablo as a result.

And against everyone's hesitation , I went ahead and left Miklho as is. Very powerful, yes, but truly the only heavy hitter on the team. Moving from theoryscape to actual testing, I hope to get some testing done over the weekend with the Super Apes to see how truly dominant Miklho turns out to be. And I think it should go without question that I plan on putting together a FF team to fight against.

Last, but not least, please let me know what you think about the verbage with Igor. I hope I was able to convey what I was wanting to accomplish with Mimic and Shape Shift.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old April 10th, 2008, 10:34 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago
Whitestuff and GreyOwl, thank you for the tips! Those little knowledge nuggets are the very things that I need to learn. I haven't had a chance to use the new found knowledge, but I do plan on using it in the future.
Knowledge nuggets...

Nugget is such a funny word. Say it a few times, over and over. See, it is funny.
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Here are a few more customs that I am working on. Most are just a rehash of previously established Heroscape abilities. Still trying to figure out Point Values. Very curious as to what people would be willing to spend on Ambush Bug. My first instinct is 10 points.

Swordsman
Precise M: 6, R: 1, A: 5, D: 5 Life: 4

Master of the Sword Special Attack – Range 1. Attack 4. If the Swordsman’s Master of the Sword Special Attack inflicts a wound, he may attack again with his Master of the Sword Special Attack. The Swordsman may continue attacking with his Master of the Sword Special Attack until he does not inflict a wound.

Counterstrike – When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Ambush Bug
Absurd M:4, R:1, A:2, D:2 Life:3

Identity Crisis – Before moving, you must roll the 20-sided die.
If you roll a 1-6, choose an opponent to take temporary control of Ambush Bug for this turn.
If you roll a 7-12, choose an opponent to teleport Ambush Bug to any empty hex.
If you roll a 13-18, Ambush Bug may move and attack normally.
If you roll a 19-20, you may teleport Ambush Bug to any unoccupied glyph or move and attack normally.
Control of Ambush Bug returns to the original owner at the completion of the turn.
You may add 2 to your roll if Plastic Man is currently in your army.

I’m Just a Heroscape Figure… - At the beginning of each round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or less, Ambush Bug is removed from the game.

Paladin
Mercenary M:5, R:7, A:4, D:5 Life: 5

Stun Gun Special Attack – Range 5. Attack 5. If an opponent's Unique Hero recieves at least one wound from Stun Gun Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker at random from that Unique Hero's Army Card.

Sharpshooter – Instead of attacking, you may choose any non-adjacent figure within 10 clear sight spaces of Paladin. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 19 or 20, the chosen figure is destroyed. If you roll a 1-18, you missed. Paladin may not use this special power if he moved this turn.

Old April 14th, 2008, 02:02 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Re: UranusPChicago's Custom Creations

I like both Swordsman and Paladin (have never seen Ambush Bug in action), but the Sharpshooter ability brings up an interesting point:

Could Paladin actually take out someone like the Hulk or Thanos?

If so, no problem. If not, is there a way to tweak this ability, or am I making things too complicated?
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM

Batmite has disabled reputation

Ambush Bug is interesting but I think he is just a tad too "gimmicky" for my tastes. What's the connection to Plastic Man?
I like the "I’m Just a Heroscape Figure" but perhaps it just triggers if he ever rolls a one on the die. (rather than make him roll every turn - which seems tedious). So if he chooses to attack and rolls a "1", he is removed.

His other power definitely infused him with the insanity he has in the comics. Very appropriate. It seems that you could just combine the last two options:

If you roll a 13-18, Ambush Bug may move and attack normally.

If you roll a 19-20, you may teleport Ambush Bug to any unoccupied glyph or move and attack normally.

...and combined into one option that let you do all the above. Also I'd let him teleport ANYWHERE on the game board.

If you roll a 13-20, you may teleport Ambush Bug to any unoccupied space or move and attack normally.

thats my 2 cents.

I'd do the graphics work on making him a card if you like.

Last edited by Batmite; April 14th, 2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: to edit it
Old April 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

First off, thank you, Batmite, for taking the time to read over and comment on some of my "creations in waiting". I am slowly but surely putting the cards together as I find time.

To answer your questions, Ambush Bug is designed to be gimmicky, he is not a throwaway 10 points (or whatever is determined for points), but he is certainly an uncontrollable entity. In the comic books he knows that he is a comic book character and talks about other heroes sometimes like he knows they are comic book characters; he talks to the reader and will even reference the writer of the comic book itself. That was my inspiration behind "I’m Just a Heroscape Figure…". Eventually he will just tire of being used as a figure in the game and just quit playing. I agree that the number could be lower, like 1 or 2 as you suggested. The roll was designed for every round rather than every turn which I agree would be tedious.

Plastic Man was the only hero to offer Ambush Bug a position on a Super Hero team, Justice League of Anarchy. Most other heroes tried to stay as far away from Ambush Bug as possible.

Lastly, my reasoning behind keeping the two positive range of results (20-sided die roll) separate was that with AB's stats, really the only things he would be good for are quickly securing glyphs and comic relief. His normal movement and attack will be nothing more than an irritant at best to most supes. I wanted to give it the feeling that you asked Ambush to accomplish one thing; "Go secure the glyph". 90% of the time he will be sidetracked in varying degrees. I do agree, however, that he should be able to teleport to anywhere on the map and not just glyphs.

I would love if you wanted to crank out an Ambush Bug card. You do a great job with all your cards and I look forward to seeing your creation.

Old April 15th, 2008, 09:38 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I like both Swordsman and Paladin (have never seen Ambush Bug in action), but the Sharpshooter ability brings up an interesting point:

Could Paladin actually take out someone like the Hulk or Thanos?

If so, no problem. If not, is there a way to tweak this ability, or am I making things too complicated?
It would work in the same way as Deadeye Dan. DeD is 60 points worth of nailbiting terror for any army that contains Thanos, Hulk, or the like until DeD meets his maker.

Old April 17th, 2008, 02:05 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I went ahead and put together cards for Paladin and Swordsman. Please let me know what you think. All critiques are welcome...

Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:21 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Re: UPC's Custom Creations - Easy Company Medic added

My first entry to the DC Universe...(Heroclix based DC at least...)

Let me know what you think.

Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:16 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

I really like the style you use for your cards.

Looking at your Medic (would it need to be Medics if there are two of them?) and then looking at Kelda, I get the feeling that your boys might be a bit pricey.

I think Field Dressing would work fine but I think that the Med Pack 20 roll might be aimed a little too high.

BTW, your targeting silhouettes are missing their little green sighting dots.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:31 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
I really like the style you use for your cards.
Thank you! I think I am finally starting to get the hang of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
Looking at your Medic (would it need to be Medics if there are two of them?) and then looking at Kelda, I get the feeling that your boys might be a bit pricey.

I think Field Dressing would work fine but I think that the Med Pack 20 roll might be aimed a little too high.
I thought about the whole Medic/Medics thing last night while making the card and went with Medic, but I believe you are right. All the Heroscape cards list the squad names as plurals. I think I was trying to apply too much Database logic to the naming structure. I will make the change to the plural this evening.

Are you saying that they are under priced or over priced? I would be willing to hear either side as I just threw a dart at the pricing board to assign their price. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
BTW, your targeting silhouettes are missing their little green sighting dots.
The silhouette is still one area that I have not gotten the hang of it; no gray, no green dot as of yet.

Thank you very much for the feedback

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations