Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 21st, 2020, 11:24 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gambit (II) (Public Playtesting)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Gambit (II)

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Gambit (170), Cyclops (II), Angel, Pheonix and Aurora (930) VS TMNT + Splinter (930)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Ivy's Greenhouse
Units: Gambit (II), Magneto (AoA), Colossus (AoA), Armor and Jubilee (1010) VS Professor X, Angel, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast and Aurora (1010)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Gambit felt pretty good. Glyph stealers tend to be pretty niche, but the theft power here doesn't feel overly important to the design since he's mainly an small offensive threat that just has that tacked on. I never had Kinetitic Card Conversion roll any unblockables as it just lead to figures spreading out a bit more to avoid it, ironically it would be better against the Magneto AoA army than in it probably.
Old July 21st, 2020, 11:40 PM
Gorred the Con-petition. C3G Con Champ 2021!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Thanks for the tests! Looks good thus far.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 05:29 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Fresh's games:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT : Gambit *2* (Remy Lebeau)
Army Test
Map : Ivyís Greenhouse (No Glyphs)
Units : (Almost) Original X-Men - Gambit *2* (170), Professor X, Cyclops *1*, Jean Grey, Iceman, Angel
= 1000

VS.

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants - Mystique *2*, Pyro, Toad, Destiny, Quicksilver, Avalanche, Blob
= 995

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map : Ivyís Greenhouse (No Glyphs)
Units : Cyke and Son - Gambit *2* (170), Cyclops *2*, Cable, Spider-Girl, Shadowcat *2*

VS.

AIM Alliance - Scientist Supreme, Scarlet Spider (Kaine), AIM Agents x3, Jackal, Yakuza Enforcer

Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts on the Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, and Draftability : I wouldn't hate seeing Gambit go up 10 points, although no more than that. Mutants have strong synergy options, and subbing Beast for him feels like it might be a straight upgrade for the original X-Men. His first test was almost certainly an anomaly in how much success he had since his rolls were great and the Brotherhood didn't have any great heavy hitters, but he did serious work that game that has me feeling a 10 point bump might work for him.

At first I felt like he might be overtuned, but after a little time and a second game, Gambit feels balanced. I don't love Street Rat as a power, since I never saw an opportunity to use it, but I was mostly playing Gambit as a low range attacker. Maybe it could let an ally move after he wounds an enemy, not just with Sleight of Hand? Or it could move any ally within 3/4 spaces of the defeated enemy. He'd almost certainly need a price bump for either of those though, if you wanna keep him around 170 then keeping Street Rat as is makes sense. The stealing equipment part of it never came up, but it makes great sense for Gambit thematically and isn't likely to be overpowered due to it's niche.

Defensively he isn't particularly impressive, but offensively he has a lot of ways he can attack. (Do you do a single melee attack, and hope for way more blanks against a wounded target? Do you do numerous weak attacks and hope for a blank on each of those? Stand behind a big melee ally and throw 2 or 3 range attacks out?) Gambit feels like a very adaptable figure, and one that would make a good fill for mutant armies.

General Thoughts on the Tested Unit : This is a cool design of Gambit. I really like how Sleight of Hand makes your damage more consistent, but not to the point where you're always dealing wounds. There are some small things I could see changing, (adjusting Street Rat and giving a bigger price bump/making his other two powers weaker) but as is? I have no problems with the design mechanically. I think the biggest thing I'll say is that him replacing Beast really felt like a straight upgrade for the Original X-Men army, so I could see a small price bump (~10 points) for Gambit to compensate for that/his offensive utility.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 05:50 PM

He's gone 3-4 overall:

@160
Big loss vs. Titans. (Arkham)

@165
Big win vs. Mystique II led Outcasts. (Fresh)

@170
Close loss vs. TMNT + Splinter (Tickle)
Medium win vs. Prof. X led X-Men (Tickle)
Medium win vs. AIM + Scientist Supreme + Jackal + Scarlet Spider + Yakuza. (Fresh)

@180
Close-Medium loss vs. Fighters. (Arkham)

@185
Close loss vs. Guardians. (Arkham)

I'm feeling good with him at 170. Would we like to see more testing be done, or are we satisfied as-is to move to Final Editing?
Old July 22nd, 2020, 05:55 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm not seeing him as a straight upgrade to Beast anyway. Beast hits harder and more durable, not to mention Stealth Leap and the freaking annoying Negotiation.

Gambit is just different.

Pre-Yea
Old July 22nd, 2020, 05:56 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Felt good to me at 170.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 07:40 PM

I propose a vote to move to Final Editing.
Old July 22nd, 2020, 08:23 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gambit (II) (Vote for Final Editing)

Yea

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 22nd, 2020, 08:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

yea
Old July 22nd, 2020, 09:04 PM

@Karat @johnny139 @SirGalahad

Can I get a wording check please?
Old July 22nd, 2020, 09:26 PM

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea
Old July 22nd, 2020, 10:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Gambit (II) (Final Editing)

yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library