Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 1st, 2019, 09:20 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Demona - Vote for Final Editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Iíd be wary labelling it as already decided when 2 of your playtesters specifically mentioned they werenít fans, along with several other people.
Changing it would require extra playtesting at a late phase, and as I've explained, it isn't just about this design, it's about Macbeth as well. I would not be okay changing it now.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:28 AM
Gorred the Con-petition. C3G Con Champ 2021!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

What’s so important about it and what are the alternatives? Other means should not require additional playtesting.
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:32 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Last time I remember the conversation happening the tone was "oh that general implementation works, we'll figure out the specifics later" but I may have missed out on some stuff while on vacation. I'd like to see it polled out at least, if it hasn't been yet.
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:32 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
What’s so important about it and what are the alternatives? Other means should not require additional playtesting.
I assume going back to the 'place adjacent to a friendly figure' system, which I'm specifically avoiding here since I like the theme and strategy this imparts.

Using Nitro's system would be fine. Using the figure to mark it out raises a a whole host of questions I don't feel like answering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Last time I remember the conversation happening the tone was "oh that general implementation works, we'll figure out the specifics later" but I may have missed out on some stuff while on vacation. I'd like to see it polled out at least, if it hasn't been yet.

I'm fine still working out the specifics, definitely want to keep the general implementation.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:37 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, no need for new testing (unless people are really not into it and want to upset the whole thing at this point, but I don't think that's the majority). Just marker vs. Figure vs. "Fake marker" vs. ???
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:45 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

After looking at it, just use the Nitro approach. I have no idea what your Macbeth plans are or needs, but for this, there’s no reason she can’t be placed in the general area of where she was destroyed. It’s a standard at this point that figures being revived don’t really adhere to concrete strict logic on where they died, which is certainly ok.
Old October 1st, 2019, 12:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I agree the Nitro method seems to be the best here.
Old October 1st, 2019, 05:52 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
After looking at it, just use the Nitro approach. I have no idea what your Macbeth plans are or needs, but for this, thereís no reason she canít be placed in the general area of where she was destroyed. Itís a standard at this point that figures being revived donít really adhere to concrete strict logic on where they died, which is certainly ok.
I'm okay with this. Honestly don't understand the issue with the named marker approach, but it's one of those cases where I just plain don't care enough.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 1st, 2019, 05:54 PM

I don't think it's the named marker, it's placing and leaving it on the map that's odd.
Old October 1st, 2019, 05:56 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
I don't think it's the named marker, it's placing and leaving it on the map that's odd.
Still not seeing the issue. You're going to be doing that anyway, even if it's not spelled out on the card, because that's the only way to reasonably remember where she died.
As I said though, this is the point where I actually really don't care.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 1st, 2019, 05:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

We've done this before with Nitro, no reason to do it differently than we did there.
Old October 1st, 2019, 06:06 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

The reason that marker on the battlefield doesn't sit well with me is that there's now suddenly an object on the field that... exists. We now have to be aware of it. It's placed there by rules baggage. What happens if someone steps on it, what if Galactus wants to eat it, what if, so on, so forth. The answer to most of these is "nothing, it's just to remember where she was, it makes no mechanical difference," but the fact of it existing in the rules is a little troublesome.

Here's a quick rewrite of her powers, mostly just trimming some redundant text. I switched the two parts of her first one, the spell casting oddness and the "messing with an opponent" stuff. Reads better to me that way, but I can go in the other direction if people prefer - all just makes for cleaner reading for me.

ARCANE PLOT
Once per game, Demona may cast a Unique Spell as though she had the Magical Defense special power. Immediately before that spell is cast, you may choose an opponent’s Unique Hero. That opponent must move at least as many unrevealed Order Markers to the chosen Hero's card as there are Order Markers on this card, up to a maximum of three. While Demona is casting a Spell, whenever a special power on an Army Card or glyph refers to the Magical Defense special power, it refers to this special power as well, and figures with the Blind Warrior special power are not affected.

IMMORTAL HATRED
At the start of each round, if an opponent controls at least one Human, you may add 2 to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on this card. Before rolling for initiative, if Demona is destroyed, you may roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, place her on any empty space within one space of her previous placement and remove all but 3 Wound Markers from this Army Card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library