Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 24th, 2015, 10:41 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
I used to frequent the Magic site and then jump over to D&D and anything else. Then they changed it up and even finding the mainstays like DnD were super hard to find. I have up a long time ago. Occasionally I'll try again and it's still bad.
When you say "changed it up", did the old site look more like this?
http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/mul...e/Default.aspx

This site is a hell of a lot nicer looking and easier to navigate than starting from www.wizards.com

I noticed the word "archive" is used for the "subdomain", so I assume this means it is no longer being kept up to date.
No; that's still the new style in my eye.
The one I liked was like was less flashy but more organized and had all the information right there. All the newest articles were visible on one screen. They had a card of the day. Up top they had a section for other hand
They still have that, it's just in the articles section.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old September 24th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@cwidje Possibly, but "articles section" is also not easily found or clearly labeled or intuitively located. The site is worse off than it was and I'll continue not using it.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 24th, 2015, 12:15 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
@cwidje Possibly, but "articles section" is also not easily found or clearly labeled or intuitively located. The site is worse off than it was and I'll continue not using it.
I just bookmarked anything that I actually use.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old September 28th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmm, this is interesting...

www.amazon.es/Magic-Arena-Planeswalkers-estrategia-Hasbro/dp/B010FBWP6U
http://www.outletdejuguetes.com/-soc...mb-parker.html

On the lower left-hand corner of the box it says "Work in Progress" and the number 332926. This is the same number that was on the box presented at Spiel in Essen, October 2014. (Has it been a year already?)

Check out all the solid color HS figures. I wonder if that was just for proxy purposes during game design or will we be seeing recycled unpainted HS figures in future expansions of Planeswalkerscape. And I wonder if the AotP version of Taelord will still cost too much.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; September 28th, 2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Found bigger image
Old September 28th, 2015, 02:07 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In case you didn't see it in the other thread, AotP is $23.99 with free shipping at ToysRUs.com
Old September 28th, 2015, 02:51 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
In case you didn't see it in the other thread, AotP is $23.99 with free shipping at ToysRUs.com
Well I guess the FLGSs should go over there and stock up since I think that's lower than what they pay through their distributors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Hmm, this is interesting...

www.amazon.es/Magic-Arena-Planeswalkers-estrategia-Hasbro/dp/B010FBWP6U
http://www.outletdejuguetes.com/-soc...mb-parker.html

On the lower left-hand corner of the box it says "Work in Progress" and the number 332926. This is the same number that was on the box presented at Spiel in Essen, October 2014. (Has it been a year already?)

Check out all the solid color HS figures. I wonder if that was just for proxy purposes during game design or will we be seeing recycled unpainted HS figures in future expansions of Planeswalkerscape. And I wonder if the AotP version of Taelord will still cost too much.
Probably a prototype, the cards have different formatting too.
Old September 28th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Probably a prototype, the cards have different formatting too.
Yes, obviously a prototype; one that pre-dates what was revealed at Spiel. Would be nice to know where this image originally came from and how did an online retailer get a hold of it and why they would even use it. I assume they are selling the actual AotP and not this prototype.
Old September 28th, 2015, 03:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It seems like an unnecessary expense to have the manufacture make some new solid color plastic minis from the old Heroscape molds just so they could use them as proxy figures during game testing. Shouldn't they already have some of the finished Heroscape minis in storage somewhere they could have used as proxies? Or since they are just proxies, any minis they had laying around from previous games. Maybe those solid color plastic HS minis are ones they made years ago when developing HS. The thing is I see Taelord & Mittens from the early releases but also what looks like one of the elf magic users from a later wave. Maybe every time they go through the process of releasing a new mini they get an early solid color plastic one to examine before adding paint and those were all just sitting around collecting dust before being pulled out to use as proxies. That does not explain the images on the game cards in that pic though. Right in front you can see a game card with the image of Grimnak on it and one off the to the left side kind of looks like Raelin. Did they also just use stock images from HS when making up example cards during this games development?

For me this all points more towards this just being a very, very early pic of what the game could be for internal purposes during the development process. Why they would then use if for marketing purposes when they should have just set up and taken new pictures of the final product is a mystery to me.
Old September 28th, 2015, 10:15 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Maybe those solid color plastic HS minis are ones they made years ago when developing HS. The thing is I see Taelord & Mittens from the early releases but also what looks like one of the elf magic users from a later wave. Maybe every time they go through the process of releasing a new mini they get an early solid color plastic one to examine before adding paint and those were all just sitting around collecting dust before being pulled out to use as proxies.
I have a few sets of Romans that are unpainted, beige plastic. They are supposed to be production proofs, like what you're describing. They are solid color though, and not translucent like the figures in the picture.

This reminds me a lot of the prototype Heroscape pictures where they are using HeroQuest figures and have HS cards mocked up for them.

I don't see any hex tiles in the pictures either, but there are more 3D cardboard objects.
Old September 28th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

that is so weird.

I spot mogrimm, taelord, blade gruts, arrow gruts, venoc warlord and I think a frost troll and master if the hunt. Jhordywn too I think and make a phantom knight. I don't recognising the planeswalker though.

The funny stuff that comes out of pressure production. The mystery will likely never be solved.

wriggz's custom Figures and Terrain

Have a Question? Take it to the Dump.

Want to Learn More? Go to the Library.
Old September 28th, 2015, 11:17 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Yes indeed, it's very weird. I noticed that the Blade Grut Orks are RED and the Arrow Grut Orks are BLACK. It will certainly be easier for me to substitute original painted HS figures for these guys than try to paint them myself.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 29th, 2015, 10:56 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I would assume that they simply took some HS figures they had around the office and painted them solid colors for the photo shoot. It would be MUCH quicker than getting new figures molded and assembled in China and then waiting for them to ship over. Changing plastic isn't as easy as it sounds. Even a simple color change can cause the mold to make out of tolerance parts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion