Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 30th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

One of the biggest ways to help out in the art department right now is to take pictures of minis. This would speed the process along greatly.
Old December 30th, 2014, 10:36 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm totally able to get pictures of minis. The only issue is I don't buy everything that's being released or made. I usually stick to characters I've play tested thus know their designs are worth getting the figure for, or specific characters that I'm already familiar with that I'm anticipating.

I have a few that I can, and will, take pictures of that I've already got waiting.
Old December 30th, 2014, 10:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That Nightcrawler looks right on point with the lone exception being I don't understand the range of 2.
Old December 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
That Nightcrawler looks right on point with the lone exception being I don't understand the range of 2.
In my head, I wanted to give him the ability to throw his swords, bamf!, and catch them. That's where the range comes from. I was contemplating changing his Bamf! Swordplay special to accommodate that. Be it melee or throwing them up to 2 spaces and then he teleports to grab it.

It might be a bit more than could be represented successfully. So that could easily be changed back to a range of 1.

I had his cinematic from Marvel Ultimate Alliance in mind when designing it:

Regardless, it sounds like Karat has something planned for him already.
Old December 30th, 2014, 11:34 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Play testing before a design is voted in, check. I play tested Malekith and Blue Lantern right before the voting for this round started, about 5 months ago. And from that play test I made an adjustment to Malekith's design to better balance already before going forward. I plan to do another play test as soon as the design phase starts.

As for play testing other designs, I've been quite busy during the school semester, working and going to school full time, + other commitments each week, so with around 60 hours of commitments each week, I haven't had the time to really get into it again. But as soon as the semester ended, I knocked out 2 play tests.

And I have plenty of extra points for a 2nd PD, if others wanted to chip in.

So I feel the effort is being given on my end. And I don't say any of this in attempt to beg or pat myself on the back, there's plenty that do just as much or more. I'm just responding to your statement saying I do those things that you're suggesting be done.
Sock, I hope you don't take this the wrong way because I do like you and we do respect you and personally I like most of your ideas but you come off a little...Aggressive in these post. For one you seem to have an issue with how long things take sometimes but then in the next paragraph state that you haven't had time due to essentially Life. Nearly everyone here has real jobs/goes to school/has family obligations as well.

Also you comment above that you plan on playtesting your Public submittals once the Design Phase starts but realistically you don't need to wait to playtest your submissions.

Quote:
Nice! Can't wait. Though I'm a bit skeptical and hesitant. Cautiously optimistic. I spent 2 hours putting that all together just the way I imagined the perfect Nightcrawler. I fear of a 2nd or 3rd design both having elements I like, but separate from each other. I want the be all end all perfect design. Lol just like that Batman design I'm holding out hope for.

A day where I can draft and reserve a figure to know it is mine to design. If wishes were fishes. Heh I get so excited and energetic thinking up a design and then the realization sets. If I were to design these trough the PD method, it'll be years if they even get voted in. Yeesh.
Another thing to remember here is that you may be the LD for figure it is never yours to design and if you are "skeptical and hesitant" you can create your own designs outside of C3G, which I hope you don't choose to do at this time because I would love to see some of your ideas be used in future characters. I think you should listen to what people who are actually supporting you are saying about being patient. You are building a good reputation as someone that can be counted on for usable playtest and ideas and as T-Spiney says and I agree...I could see you LD'ing more than one Public Design in the coming year. As the poet Axle Rose once said...All you need is just a little patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
A big factor is making sure you have all the artwork needed for the art dept. long before final editing.

Quote:
The art process is something I've volunteered my help with multiple times. I'm majoring in Graphic Design, I'm familiar with all of the software, but I'm always told there's already more people than needed, as each only get so many designs between them. Yet, it still seems the artwork part is what drags on for each PD. Be it a mini picture or card art, it's taken ~2 months at times.
The art department creating the cards is not what takes time...it's getting usable pictures of the mini that takes time and T-Spiney makes a good point above. Yes there has been times when a member of the art department has had personal issues that delayed the process but another member wouldn't have prevented this delay in these instances because the cards were in process and another member would have needed to start from scratch.

Testing is more of a delay than art. Besides there were times recently where I had to review notes to remember something from the template because it had been so long since my last art assignment.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 30th, 2014, 11:39 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
In my head, I wanted to give him the ability to throw his swords, bamf!, and catch them. That's where the range comes from. I was contemplating changing his Bamf! Swordplay special to accommodate that. Be it melee or throwing them up to 2 spaces and then he teleports to grab it.

It might be a bit more than could be represented successfully. So that could easily be changed back to a range of 1.

That's a pretty cool scene.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 30th, 2014, 12:05 PM

See, you say "don't take this the wrong way", but it's so difficult to judge tone and attitude, as well as intent, when dealing with text. I feel often, my words are taken the wrong way. Lol You say I'm coming off aggressive, but I don't intend them to be. If anything, I'm passionate and excited is all. I mean no disrespect. Yet this certainly isn't the first time I've made a statement and it was taken in a way that was unintended. So that's probably on my end and poor word choice.

My issue is not with the members themselves, or the art department, or any of the sort. There's not one person or aspect responsible for why things drag out each time, I never meant to imply otherwise.

But I've seen a design have everything in place, card created, but there were simple wording errors, and it still took 2-3 weeks to fix and put up a new version for final release. Something like that should be an easy 10-15 minute fix, but is a major hiccup. Now, I'm sure that statement will be read as a major insult or aggressive stance to take, but it's the honest take on a flaw in the system. And that's all I care about here, are things running smoothly and efficiently so that hiccups to that nature are avoided. I'm not blaming one person, or belittling their efforts, nor am I saying they have more or less time to offer. When you read my comments, give me the benefit of the doubt here, I'm not an asshole, contrary to what one or two might perceive, I'm just someone who hates to see certain things happen that could be avoided. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for what everyone has and does offer this project.

Patience is certainly not my strong suit, but it's not like I'm trying to trade-in quality for quantity here. I'm not unwilling to wait for results. This was also never meant to turn into this sort of discussion. But I'm certainly going to try and extinguish any potential fires that my poor word choice, and sometimes impatient nature can spark up.
Old December 30th, 2014, 12:23 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

Love me some Nightcrawler.
Old December 30th, 2014, 02:01 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Yet this certainly isn't the first time I've made a statement and it was taken in a way that was unintended. So that's probably on my end and poor word choice.
I don't think anyone that post on a message board/emails/or texts can honestly say this hasn't happened to them. We have all typed something that looks far worse than it sounded in our heads so I don't hold anything against you

Quote:
But I've seen a design have everything in place, card created, but there were simple wording errors, and it still took 2-3 weeks to fix and put up a new version for final release. Something like that should be an easy 10-15 minute fix, but is a major hiccup.
This is usually the exact issue I was describing in which yes it would take 10-15 minutes to correct if you were the person that originally did the card but if that person has a personal issue then it would take far longer for someone else in the art department to recreate that card to fix a simple text correction. Also for some of the reevaluated and updated cards recently that were created years ago these simple text edits do require a full remake of the card due to art department members being long gone. Also some of the early threads don't list who did the art and after awhile you sometimes forget who did what and who has the files for that card.

Old December 30th, 2014, 03:35 PM

A potential remedy to that issue is Google Drive. The Hero's, or at least anyone in the Art. Department, should have every card they are currently working on, the .psd file(or whatever program is being used), uploaded to the Drive. That way anyone the Drive is shared with, can access anything anyone is working on with ease. Have a standard template and text etc.(which clearly you guys already do), and fixes like that would be extremely easy. It would be as simple as looking for the nMe of the card or the author, and making the changes and re-uploading.

C3G should, and often times is, a wheel. Each spoke in the wheel plays a role, but if one spoke is out, it still functions.

My comments have never been aimed to insult a specific person's work, I completely understand and relate to being busy or just not always feeling up to the task. But the project should always be able to roll on regardless. The less potential hangup opportunities the better for everyone.

But, you guys may very well have a system for all of this in tact already that you find works fine. But IMO, based on the scenario described, a fix to a new card that hasn't been released yet, if the original creator isn't able to make the edit needed, with how many are helping to keep this project going, no more than a day or two should pass before someone else picks up the ball and runs with it in their absence.

Because it's much like traffic. If one dude steps on the brakes, everything else behind gets delayed. If someone isn't around or able to make the edit, that's 2-3 weeks that the next design is delayed, stack on any potential delays onto that one, so on and so forth.

I don't feel that's an impatient mindset to desire the most efficient way in order to keep things running as smooth as possible for everyone involved, inside or out. I also don't find that to be offensive nor should anyone take that to heart as any kind of insult to the system. Everyone should always be thinking of ways to improve things.

But yes, I'd imagine there's a system in place that works, and maybe my suggestion has been thought of and tried, and there's something I'm not taking into account. I just figured I'd bring it to the table.
Old December 30th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Yet this certainly isn't the first time I've made a statement and it was taken in a way that was unintended. So that's probably on my end and poor word choice.
I don't think anyone that post on a message board/emails/or texts can honestly say this hasn't happened to them. We have all typed something that looks far worse than it sounded in our heads so I don't hold anything against you
Amen to that.
Quote:
A potential remedy to that issue is Google Drive. The Hero's, or at least anyone in the Art. Department, should have every card they are currently working on, the .psd file(or whatever program is being used), uploaded to the Drive. That way anyone the Drive is shared with, can access anything anyone is working on with ease. Have a standard template and text etc.(which clearly you guys already do), and fixes like that would be extremely easy. It would be as simple as looking for the nMe of the card or the author, and making the changes and re-uploading.
That sounds interesting and workable - I don't really know about the system, but on the face of it that seems like a good idea.
Also, Beta Ray Bill, for example, is actually finished except that he needs figure pics and a card - is there really any reason that should prevent the next design from getting a start on it?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 30th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Also, Beta Ray Bill, for example, is actually finished except that he needs figure pics and a card - is there really any reason that should prevent the next design from getting a start on it?
I wouldn't want to build an assembly line where the last step took way longer than all the others; that's a surefire way to just zip everything forward temporarily and then just have it sit around waiting for completion. I think that would probably create a lot of stress without really decreasing any wait times.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy