Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 10th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cave Troll 2nd Edition

FFG has a page up for this now.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cavetroll.html

I thought it was supposed to be out in December, all the online retailers that I check still have it listed as a pre-order. I will have to call my FLGS and see when they are expecting to get it in.

The rules are posted as a PDF on FFG's site as well.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/PD...roll_rules.pdf

I know when talked about this game and its re-release a bit in other threads, but I thought it needed its own thread. I am really excited about getting it.
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:43 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This look like a pretty cool game. Thanks for posting Nether.
Old January 11th, 2007, 04:11 PM

zombiegod has disabled reputation
I have the 1st edition. The 2nd edition has plastic miniatures... wow!.

Nothing much has changed gameplay wise. In fact all that's added is more messing about. You now draw a card, and place the relevant miniature, rather than just placing a chit straight on the map.

Don't expect a dungeoncrawler either. It's a tactical game of area dominance, where you try to control rooms by head counts.
Old January 11th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I was in the middle of recreating the game (which I may still finish) because it was near impossible to find. I did eventiually find a copy on BGG which I purchased for $15 including S&H - a very good price for this game. My version utilized 3 different game boards which could be reorginized for a total of 64 different set ups removing the Risk-type Get Australia factor the game has with its static board. It also included a bunch of new characters and room effects for added strategy.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old January 11th, 2007, 06:11 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegod
I have the 1st edition. The 2nd edition has plastic miniatures... wow!.

Nothing much has changed gameplay wise. In fact all that's added is more messing about. You now draw a card, and place the relevant miniature, rather than just placing a chit straight on the map.

Don't expect a dungeoncrawler either. It's a tactical game of area dominance, where you try to control rooms by head counts.
The original theme of the designer was Archaeology. I think that is why you don't feel the dungeon crawl in it. It is just a pasted on theme.
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
I was in the middle of recreating the game (which I may still finish) because it was near impossible to find. I did eventiually find a copy on BGG which I purchased for $15 including S&H - a very good price for this game. My version utilized 3 different game boards which could be reorginized for a total of 64 different set ups removing the Risk-type Get Australia factor the game has with its static board. It also included a bunch of new characters and room effects for added strategy.
ofcourse, once you'll have finished it you'll upload it somewhere allowing us to get it, right?

please, please, please...
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:45 AM

zombiegod has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced

The original theme of the designer was Archaeology. I think that is why you don't feel the dungeon crawl in it. It is just a pasted on theme.
Archeology, Dungeoncrawling, whatever. I think the theme would be more suited if it were chickens trying to find a roost for the night.

FFG's are touting it as a Dungeoncrawler, which is pushing it...
Old January 12th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I've been looking forward to this release for a while!

FFG sure does a good job of putting the chrome on/in a product!

Newb.
Old January 18th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
This is available now. Just picked it up at Thoughthammer (along with C&C:A Expansion 1-Greeks and Eastern Kingdoms and some items for the DFW tourney in March). Woot!

Newb.
Old January 18th, 2007, 07:21 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
This is available now. Just picked it up at Thoughthammer (along with C&C:A Expansion 1-Greeks and Eastern Kingdoms and some items for the DFW tourney in March). Woot!

Newb.
Sweet, I'll pick up a copy this weekend.
Old January 19th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie

Newb.
Since it will likely be awhile before I can get $125 (I'm saving up to get my Vixentor Custom Tower) to get free shipping I think I will pick this up at my FLGS they had 4 copies on Tuesday, I hope they haven't sold out.
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Site Admin

Has anyone else got this yet?

I finally went and picked this up at my FLGS today, she had to reorder it for me but gave me a discount for ordering it through her and not online, so I figured what the heck.

I haven't played it yet, so I can't say anything about the game play. The one thing I am disappointed in is the size of the cards. They are pretty small. I can't find my ruler or I would measure them...The miniatures are small (15mm I think) too but that was to be expected with 68 or so in the box for only $30.

I'm really looking forward to playing this. Oogiezone and I haven't done any gaming at all in about 3 weeks. I am going through some serious withdraw!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games