Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 10th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Final predictions for The Force Awakens

I'm a huge Star Wars fan - seriously, I need to lose some weight! I've watched the movies and read 90+% of the books. My level of excitement for TFA is very, very high. Now, I've stayed spoiler-free and I want to submit my final predictions for The Force Awakens based solely on trailers and the books:

Luke was married after Return of the Jedi and, mirroring what happened with Anakin, his wife became pregnant with twins and died in childbirth. His struggles with the nature of the force after that have driven him into seclusion while his son, Ren, hates him for refusing to save his mother and his daughter, Rey, has run to the back end of the galaxy.

The Rebellion failed to produce a lasting New Republic, and factionalism has broken the once united worlds into much smaller political entities whose distrust for one another is greater than their desire to work together against external foes. The Imperial Remnant, meanwhile, has stabilized and is starting to absorb some of these smaller political entities. The Resistance is made up of former Rebels and others who believe that the threat of the Remnant needs to be opposed by more than simply whichever entity is currently being threatened.

Anyone else have thoughts or theories they want to share?

~Aldin, counting the days

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 10th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Final predictions for The Force Awakens

This video more or less sums up what I think the movie will most likely be: a near shot-for-shot remake of A New Hope:
Spoiler Alert!

As someone who's not the biggest JJ Abrams fan, I think the movie will be pretty enough and have enough fan-service to please upon release. But there ain't no way it'll hold up for 30 years like the originals did.

~TAF, pessimistically

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 10th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

You guys should check out X-Wing if you haven't already...

I'm looking forward to the movie.
Old December 10th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

I predict 7 will be better than 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6.
Old December 10th, 2015, 07:19 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Aldin, so I suppose you don't know that Disney has come out and said the books are now an alternate timeline? Don't expect anything from the books.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 11th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Aldin, so I suppose you don't know that Disney has come out and said the books are now an alternate timeline? Don't expect anything from the books.
I did know that. In fact, I've already read both Aftermath (which is pretty bad) and Lost Stars (which is pretty great), the first two significant post Jedi books in the new continuum.

In the previous EU, the Rebellion made a successful transition into the New Republic. Based on what I see in the trailers and some of what's happening in Aftermath, I suspect that in the new timeline they fail to make a new large-scale and stable government.

In the previous EU, Luke's wife Mara is still very much alive and they only had a single child, Ben, who to the best of my recollection is a goody two shoes.

So, yeah, I think the movie is going very different places.

~Aldin, one day closer than his last post

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 11th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Luke is Chewbacca - you heard it here first.
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:37 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

@Aldin , I re-read your post and I think it sounds pretty viable. I think Han dies in this movie and it's possible Rey is Leia and Han's kid, making Rey and Ren cousins instead of siblings, but I haven't read the books as you have. I think we will barely see Luke, if at all. Less than a week to go!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 12th, 2015, 12:17 AM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Below are my thoughts! They are a bit broken up but I think it makes things easier to follow. All I really care about though is I have center row, center seat, tickets for opening day, and I am so excited! I do highly support the Luke theory as well, it's just hard to think that they would say so much happened and not actually produce it. But that's what 8/9 are for. Bring more of that story forward!

All media we have seen comes from first third of the movie, except snow scenes. Those are at the end of the second third.
New characters
Rey/Kilo = Solo Children. Kilo trains under Luke then goes bad, so Rey is hidden at young age.
Finn = Rouge storm trooper. Tries to escape after capturing Po.
Po = Ace pilot who wants to win but gloat as well.
BB8 = Carries resistance secrets. Separated from Po after captured by Finn.
Phasma = Devoted to Kilo from being friends in past.
Hux = Obsessed with power and put in charge by Snoke.
Snoke = Darth Plagueis

Order of events
Opens with Po being captured and losing BB8. BB8 bought by Rey. Finn takes Po in and sees him tortured and abused, knows he must leave. Gets shot down for abandoning post. Meets Rey and they take refuge with Solo. Save Po together. They travel to traders lair. Big fight at lair where Chewie dies saving Rey. Skip ahead and on snow planet/super weapon Luke appears so save Finn.
Old December 12th, 2015, 12:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
In the previous EU, Luke's wife Mara is still very much alive and they only had a single child, Ben, who to the best of my recollection is a goody two shoes.
Erm, you didn't read Legacy of the Force, did you?
Old December 12th, 2015, 10:21 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I really doubt very little if any of the EU will be used in TFA. Maybe a couple base concepts but J.J has been very clear he wants to tell an original story.
Old December 13th, 2015, 12:00 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I really doubt very little if any of the EU will be used in TFA. Maybe a couple base concepts but J.J has been very clear he wants to tell an original story.
Yeah, it's all gone. I'm just calling out the fact that Aldin had his facts wrong.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies