Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 13th, 2015, 08:01 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the human

Adventure Time.
Come on grab your friends
well go to very distant lands
with Jake the dog
and Finn the human
The fun will never end
its adventure time!

Hehe. My boys love Adventure Time & kind-of like Heroscape*. So when @DEATHWALKER 1970 suggested that there should be an Adventure Time custom & that there were figures out there I thought it would be a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwalker 1970
I'd be perfectly happy to just have cards for a great Finn&Jake combo, as there's, in my opinion, nothing in the Heroscape card arsenal that you couldn't justify them fighting. Vikings, dragons, ogres, robots!? Bring 'em on!
So true & so we are starting this thread to collaborate our thoughts to make these happen.

Come along with me
And the butterflies and bees
We can wander through the forest
And do so as we please....

*They just don't like the time it takes. They aren't very good at sitting in one sport for more than 5 minutes.

Last edited by A3n; January 13th, 2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old January 13th, 2015, 08:04 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Adventure Time with Deathwalker the robot & A3n the huma

So here they are / will be:

Finn
Spoiler Alert!

Jake
Spoiler Alert!

Princess Bubblegum
Spoiler Alert!

Ice King
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by A3n; January 30th, 2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old January 13th, 2015, 08:05 AM

Deathwalker notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwalker 1970
Alround fighting/heroic abilities for Finn, and some carrying and shape/size change abilities for Jake. And a combined cost somewhere around 3-400 points?

But it would also be cool to team them up with Princess Bubblegum and have them fight the Ice King.

And like I said before, all the terrain we have makes great settings for AT games.

And there's great potential in GLYPHS! Armours, Swords, the Enchiridion!

Finn would be Jandar! He is a real hero, and his colours even match! Jake could be Jandar to match, but he is a bit more of a force of nature type of guy, so maybe Ullar?
Not too sure about Ice King... There are no generals I associate with misunderstood villains... But still, he is a villain, so maybe Utgar?
Bubblegum Princess, with her science skills... Vydar perhaps?

I think Finn should basically be a close combat fighter, and maybe his heroic/helpfull nature could be an ability that lets him attack enemies adjacent to friendly figures with extra dice? And his backpack could hold Treassure Glyphs?

"If Finn attacks an opponent's figure that is adjacent to at least one other figure you control, that has one or more wound markers on it, add two dice to Finn's attack"the wounded part is to set it apart from sneak attack/ganging up powers, and making it about helping someone in need. Something like the Combat Challenge ability from Tandros Kreel would work too.

Jake should have the Carry ability, and a 'change level' ability, like SGt. Drake, and something that reflects his size/shape changing abilities. It might work if you get to decide his size in relation to other cards' abilities, so he would be immune to being swallowed by Grimnak and that sort of thing... And a protective aura, like Raelin, would reflect his powers/actions in the series quite well too...

Ice King flies, and should have the ability to ignore snow and ice penalties. And something like the C3G Iceman's ice attack, order marker removal. And probably a powerfull normal ranged attack. And it would be, aherm, cool, if he had some synergy with the ice creature(s) from classic Scape...

Princess Bubblegum? Don't really know, but weak(ish) with science based support abilities...

That's my preliminary thoughts. I have also taken a look at the ,sadly cancelled, Hyground tiles, that with their cartoonish look would be great for AT, but it looks like they'll be relaunching next month...
Old January 13th, 2015, 09:22 AM

My thoughts before I read your notes (so this isn't saying I don't like anything that you have I just want to put these down as you might like something I had & we might be use elements of either / both or none at all & go a completely different direction).

Finn
Human is a non-brainer.
As is Unique Hero.
He is a basically warrior although theme wise his class would probably be better as an Adventurer.
I am feeling Confident would be good for his personality.

5 lives.

Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Cost (to be determined)

Now powers...
He has quite a few battlecries but Mathematical & Algebraic are probably the most common. So I think using one of them as a power title will be cool & adds to the theme.
The most iconic battling he does seems to be charging in with hacking & slashing as he goes so I thought a power that allows you to keep rolling dice as you move would be really cool. Of course the mechanics might trip us up but we can give it a shot.
Quote:
Range 1. Attack 3
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Finn, you may move Finn up to 5 spaces in a straight line. At each space that Finn moves to that is adjacent to an opponent's figure roll 3 attack dice. Defending figures do not roll for defense until Finn has completed his move. After Finn has finished moving, defending figures roll defense dice separately against the single highest attack roll you rolled during Finn's movement. When moving with this Special Attack, Finn will not take leaving engagement attacks.

Jake
Dog for the species
Unique Hero - no surprise there.
I am torn for the class. He is a Shapeshifter but I thought he should be an Adventurer like Finn.
My first thought for personality is Loyal but that seems too cliche.
Small 4

Live 7

Move 4 or 7 depending on the powers chosen below.
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5

Cost (TBD)

Ok I had a few too many thoughts for Jake's powers:
STRETCH POWERS
At the start of each round you may add 6 to either Jake's normal move or normal height. If you chose to add to Jake's height, whenever Jake is in combat he always has height advantage against an adjacent opponent.

or
EXTRA HEIGHT
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Jake's height is 25 and you may count 10 vertical spaces as one space.

CARRY
Blah, blah blah.

JAKE SUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place this figure on the chosen heroes Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on it's card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on it's card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure.

PRINCESS BUBBLEGUM
Nothing firm for her. If we had figures for the Banana Guards then I would give her bonding with them. Because of her technical prowess I was thinking that she would either use the power on a glyph twice or double it's effect.

ICE KING
No real thoughts here either. Just Flying & Ice-type powers.
Old January 13th, 2015, 11:36 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mathematical

Let me percolate. I might have some ideas.

~Dysole, who feels like most of his custom ideas tend to be from licensed products
Old January 13th, 2015, 12:20 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

What the heck is Adventure Time?

EDIT: Google and Wiki-something-or-other clued me in.
Old January 13th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

And we're off... To a good start! GREAT thread title!

Last edited by DEATHWALKER 1970; January 13th, 2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old January 13th, 2015, 03:30 PM

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
My thoughts before I read your notes (so this isn't saying I don't like anything that you have I just want to put these down as you might like something I had & we might be use elements of either / both or none at all & go a completely different direction).

Finn
Human is a non-brainer.
As is Unique Hero.
He is a basically warrior although theme wise his class would probably be better as an Adventurer.
I am feeling Confident would be good for his personality.

5 lives.

Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Cost (to be determined)

Now powers...
He has quite a few battlecries but Mathematical & Algebraic are probably the most common. So I think using one of them as a power title will be cool & adds to the theme.
The most iconic battling he does seems to be charging in with hacking & slashing as he goes so I thought a power that allows you to keep rolling dice as you move would be really cool. Of course the mechanics might trip us up but we can give it a shot.
Quote:
Range 1. Attack 3
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Finn, you may move Finn up to 5 spaces in a straight line. At each space that Finn moves to that is adjacent to an opponent's figure roll 3 attack dice. Defending figures do not roll for defense until Finn has completed his move. After Finn has finished moving, defending figures roll defense dice separately against the single highest attack roll you rolled during Finn's movement. When moving with this Special Attack, Finn will not take leaving engagement attacks
Agree with Adventurer and life and stats, not too sure about Confident for personality... I think Finn is in doubt about himself a lot, but in the process of growing into confidence. Energetic perhaps? Or Persistent?

I love the idea about using his battle cries as power titles, and the power is interesting, although it might be tricky to pull of...

Another idea would be to go a bit meta...

Quote:
MATHEMATICAL!
Instead of making a normal attack, roll six attack dice and multiply the number of shields rolled with the number of skulls rolled. The result is the number of hits you infilict.
Old January 13th, 2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Jake
Dog for the species
Unique Hero - no surprise there.
I am torn for the class. He is a Shapeshifter but I thought he should be an Adventurer like Finn.
My first thought for personality is Loyal but that seems too cliche.
Small 4

Live 7

Move 4 or 7 depending on the powers chosen below.
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 5

Cost (TBD)

Ok I had a few too many thoughts for Jake's powers:
STRETCH POWERS
At the start of each round you may add 6 to either Jake's normal move or normal height. If you chose to add to Jake's height, whenever Jake is in combat he always has height advantage against an adjacent opponent.

or
EXTRA HEIGHT
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Jake's height is 25 and you may count 10 vertical spaces as one space.

CARRY
Blah, blah blah.

JAKE SUIT
After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place this figure on the chosen heroes Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on it's card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on it's card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure.
Again, on board with stats and life, and Adventurer. I think there's something Selfish and Shifty, or Unscrupulous about Jake.

I love the JAKE SUIT! It has the defense element I proposed, but is a LOT more interesting. At first I thought it would be too much the auto-go-to power of the team, but since they both take wounds, you have to give it some thought, excellent!

I think Carry is a must, and this one is short enough that maybe we could fit in a fourth power...?
Quote:
EXTRA HEIGHT
Old January 13th, 2015, 03:59 PM

How about a SLAMACOW! Power on Finn...

Quote:
SLAMACOW!
Change/trade one or more order makers with an adjacent Adventurer you control.
High five tag teaming eachother... Or something...
Old January 13th, 2015, 04:09 PM

And an attempt at a wording for the shape change power I suggested:

Quote:
SHAPE CHANGER
When affected by a power on another card that refers to a figure's size, you choose if Jake counts as small, medium, large or huge.
Old January 13th, 2015, 09:46 PM

So let's start on Finn:

Quote:
NAME = FINN
FACTION = JANDAR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ADVENTURER
PERSONALITY = ENERGETIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

Mathematical or Algebraic
(Insert text)

SLAMACOW!
At the beginning of each of your turns before revealing an Order Marker, you may move any amount of unrevealed Order Markers from this card or to this card from the Army Card of an Adventurer figure that is adjacent to Finn.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards