Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 7th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
C3G Rise of the Mutants Release Thread!!!

C3G X-men Expansion Set: RISE OF THE MUTANTS

Good Guys
PROFESSOR X
CYCLOPS
JEAN GREY
BEAST
ANGEL
ICEMAN
CIVILIANS

Bad Guys
MAGNETO
MYSTIQUE
BLOB
TOAD
PYRO
SENTINELS

With several hard working months under our belt, we can finally say that Rise of the Mutants is finished!!!!!

This thread has been a discussion thread through the entire process, but now we can use it to express our excitement of finishing this set.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Griffin; March 25th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:48 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G X-Men Origin's Master Set Discussion Thread

My only suggestion is for a name is X-Men: First Class, which is the title of a current comic featuring these guys.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:50 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I would love to volunteer for the Figure pics with pricing to come later. So here goes.
First off I found 6 different minis for Cyclops

Then I found 5 different minis for the Beast, two of which are human, but one of which has a blue skinned variant.

This one comes with blue skin

Here are two options for Angel with a third one, Archangel.

Jean has 5 options plus Phoenix.

Iceman has 3 choices.

Professor X has 4 options.

Magneto has a few options as well.

and Magneto as Xorn

Mystique and Juggernaut have two options each.

Pyro has one option.

Sentinels have two, big ones.

and smaller human sized ones.

Finally, Toad has a couple of options. His mini and a horrorclix mini (Wildman of Borneo) that I think could work.

Using Horrorclix, I did actually come up with a couple more civilian rioters. What do you all think of these?

I also still like the idea of doing Multiple Man, although I can get behind civilians now, so here he is.
Thought I'd move this over here.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:53 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, before we get too much into figures (we'll get there, I promise), let's make sure we finalize our expectations of the set. In terms of what we're looking to do in a Master set, does everyone like the template (numbers of units, rules additions, maps, glyphs, etc.)? Any more opinions on scenarios? Or is it all just warm and fuzzies for Balantai's cool Choose Your Own Adventure style 7 scenarios?
Any more chat about dropping Wolverine for Prof. X. or are we ready to vote on that one? I believe, by our bylaws, we'll actually need a unanimous vote to do that, since we already voted Wolvie in.
And also, thoughts on the name? Origins vs. First Class? I'm OK with either, honestly.

Old November 7th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the idea of using Professor X. As for the name of the set, I think we should wait until we flesh out the scenarios and pick a name that has something to do with that.
Old November 7th, 2009, 12:59 AM

I think that as long as the name of the set is thematic to the characters it will work with the campaign. I mean, "World's Finest" doesn't exactly echo the campaign in the DC set (a better echo would probably be "Darkseid's Arrival") but I feel "World's Finest" is a better title to encompass everything the story has to offer.
I mean, for instance, would "Days of Future Past" be a better set name than "X-Men: First Class" if we decided to go with a Days of Future Past type storyline? (Not that these characters particularly lend themselves to that choice, but you see what I mean?)

Old November 7th, 2009, 01:03 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
In terms of what we're looking to do in a Master set, does everyone like the template (numbers of units, rules additions, maps, glyphs, etc.)?
Seems fine.

Quote:
Any more opinions on scenarios? Or is it all just warm and fuzzies for Balantai's cool Choose Your Own Adventure style 7 scenarios?
I'd definitely like to explore that type of variable campaign.

Quote:
Any more chat about dropping Wolverine for Prof. X. or are we ready to vote on that one? I believe, by our bylaws, we'll actually need a unanimous vote to do that, since we already voted Wolvie in.
I'm OK with either one. Wolverine is so iconic, but X does make a lot of sense here. If everyone else voted for Prof. X, I'd go with it.

Quote:
And also, thoughts on the name? Origins vs. First Class? I'm OK with either, honestly.
Yeah, either sounds fine to me. Not my biggest concern.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:04 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I was thinking more along the lines of "Swarm of the Marro". The scenarios are all about fighting against the Marro, but the name is still generic enough. Something like that.
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:06 AM

Yeah, but we have such a diverse set - Brotherhood of Mutants (from various incarnations), the First Class of Xavier, Sentinels, angry mobs of people ... Juggernaut ... it's not really one core enemy, which makes me want to focus on the X-Men themselves.
Also, I feel like "World's Finest" and "Brave and the Bold" set a bit of a precedent for the set names to be more built around the heroes than the villains. Not to say we can never veer from precedents, of course.

Old November 7th, 2009, 01:11 AM

I'm okay with that, too, I'm just throwing out ideas. Out of the previous ideas, I like Origins the best, mainly because it's the first X-Men themed set.
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:12 AM

Oh, I should note, for those who haven't seen it, a vote is up in the voting thread, and it's one that requires unanimous support to pass, so please vote your yeas or nays.

Old November 7th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I have another reason to exclude Wolverine from this Master Set. It will build a great deal of excitement for our first X-Men wave.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy