Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old November 20th, 2011, 03:19 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
This isn't the typical question for this, but I'm currently playing Oblivion (can't afford Skyrim right now). I like it, but it's "meh".

What awesome older games for the 360 would people recommend? I need something good, and just finished Deus Ex recently (it's the only game I've bought new in months).
Resident Evil 5. I've played through this game so many times now and I still enjoy it.

Resident Evil 4 is now on XBLA. It's exactly like Resident Evil 5, except single player. Play both of them, they're great.

Fallout 3 GotY Edition. It's cheap now.

Fallout New Vegas. You can pass on the first 2 DLCs. Old World Blues is good, and I haven't played Lonesome Road yet so I can't comment on that. The GotY edition of New Vegas is coming out soon, but you don't really need the first 2 DLCs so you should just buy the regular game for $20 and get a DLC or 2 and end up paying less than the GotY edition.

Halo: ODST

Halo Wars

Halo 3

Gears of War 1 is like $10 used at Gamestop. The campaign is fun, although the multiplayer is just a laggy inconsistent shotgun fest. Would have been cool if the game was based around actually using the cover system instead of shrugging off whole assault rifles magazines while sprinting up to someone to 1 shot kill them with the shotgun. Imagine if the only weapons in Halo were the Plasma Rifle and the Shotgun, one useless gun that tickles your opponent and one that one hit kills everything within 10 feet of you. That's pretty much what Gears' multiplayer is.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Really cannot wait for Star Wars the Old Republic to come out. Just amazing the amount of story Bioware has managed to work into an MMO, Unique and personal storylines for the 8 classes, 40 companion characters, again with each class having 5 unique to them, that are integral to the game and story, and a focus on the game being important from level 1, instead of only endgame being important.

Dec 20th, can't get here fast enough.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:45 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played the best quest yet in Skyrim last night.
Old November 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played quite a bit of Dark Souls this weekend. Really starting to get the hang of it. Currently killed by Quelog, but that'll change soon enough.

And to take a random pot shot, the Gears 1 campaign is HORRIBLE. Those stupid bat things are the dumbest game idea ever and ruin pretty much the entire thing. Entire boards of insta-death sections, those hilariously bad driving sequences where you shine a flashlight on them between really boring driving mechanics, and of course, the last boss and his stupid cheap bats kill you randomly garbage. Now Gears 2 has one of the best campaigns this generation, so.... I'd start there personally.
Old November 21st, 2011, 11:09 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Gears of War 1 is like $10 used at Gamestop. The campaign is fun, although the multiplayer is just a laggy inconsistent shotgun fest.
Something I've found to be true is that, in general, matchmaking multiplayer games are only fun for about 18 months after the release. After that most of the average players have moved on and the only people still playing online are the ones who are *really* good. Combine that with a small population of players and it's a recipe for getting totally pwned unless you happen to be *really* good at games like that.

And, yes, the Kryll levels on GOW 1 were some of the worst I've played through. "Seriously? We've got a truck that can't drive and shoot at the same time? No wonder we're losing this war."

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Beat World in Conflict: Soviet Assault. Fun game.

*Some Soviets are holed up by some historic french church*

*French commander tells you not to destroy the church*

*artillery strike on church*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Gears of War 1 is like $10 used at Gamestop. The campaign is fun, although the multiplayer is just a laggy inconsistent shotgun fest.
Something I've found to be true is that, in general, matchmaking multiplayer games are only fun for about 18 months after the release. After that most of the average players have moved on and the only people still playing online are the ones who are *really* good. Combine that with a small population of players and it's a recipe for getting totally pwned unless you happen to be *really* good at games like that.

And, yes, the Kryll levels on GOW 1 were some of the worst I've played through. "Seriously? We've got a truck that can't drive and shoot at the same time? No wonder we're losing this war."
Why can't we just nuke these mole people again? Why are the humans even losing in Gears? We have orbital lasers and helicopter gunships and heavy tanks and whatnot, and they have the some ****ty 1940's army with some sword guys thrown in. Like WTF. The Covenant in Halo have energy shields on their large spaceships that can take 2 or 3 blasts from giant slugs launched from giant magnetic accelerator cannons, and the Locust has some shield guys with flails. >_>

And it's not just Gears 1 multiplayer that's like that. It's Gears 2 and Gears 3 (although Gears 3 fixed the lag problem, dedicated servers FTW). It's not really player skill that I'm complaining about, it's how binary the multiplayer game play is. Either you instant gib them with the shotgun or have to spray whole assault rifle magazines into people and just not get kills.

Everyone who still plays Call of Duty 4 on 360 now is terrible. Every game you have 1 or 2 good people, and then a bunch of bad players feeding the 1 or 2 good people. But yeah, generally that's true. Whatever, more kills for me.

Pro tip: Hook you Xbox 360 up to your modem directly for a better connection than everyone else.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; November 22nd, 2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Which quest was it? Spoiler tag it in case others don't want to know.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:44 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Which quest was it? Spoiler tag it in case others don't want to know.
Spoiler Alert!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:28 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So conflicted right now. Because of some stupid management at work, I now have to work Friday and Saturday and thus cannot visit my family for Thanksgiving for the entire weekend.

However, now I will be home and can play the weekend stress test beta for The Old Republic.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:44 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Head up to everyone: Head to Gamestop on Friday. They're having a ton of sales, including a buy 2 get 1 free deal on all used product (not just games)!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 09:28 AM

Maybe a new favorite quest now "A Night to Remember"
Old November 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Skyward Sword!

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games