Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old July 26th, 2007, 08:46 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
Chances are between CC and GC the prices will be high to start off, then cool down to be followed by an increase again.

To make things worse, he is synergistic with the Shaolin Minks and any future monks and he is (IMO) the most playable promo figure yet.

This will cause him to get to the Sir Hawthorne price point eventually.

Good thing I'll have a couple extra to send off to my frineds who can't attend.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
Hey man, I don't think $50 was too much for me to spend . . . uh . . for . . someone . . to spend on a figure!
I don't either, if I wasn't going to Gencon, and had an extra $50 I would have jumped all over it. My problem was with the guy who got it for free was selling it for $50. $20-$30 would have been much more reasonable still given the seller a HUGE ROE. Anyways....good job on getting one somewhat cheap, I imagine in no time they will be up to $100+
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I don't feel sorry for eBayers that pay more for things than they should, if there was something that I really wanted and there was no way else to get it than eBay, I would gladly pay for it. The person who bought it probably knew what they were doing, and if they have an extra $50 to spend on a piece of plastic, more power to them.
True. Perhaps 'feel sorry for' was the wrong way to put it. It's more a 'shaking my head in disbelief' than anything. I understand wanting something bad, and paying for it on eBay despite high prices. I sold a pair of Air Jordan XI Space Jams for $600 one Christmas, so I've no qualms with what folks do with their own money. However, even if they have the cash to spend, sometimes you look at what people buy on eBay, and how much they pay and say to yourself, "Seriously? That's just a little crazy."

But then, if it weren't for those people, I wouldn't have had $600 passed onto me for a pair of shoes.

And it must be noted that I started the auction at $140.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
However, even if they have the cash to spend, sometimes you look at what people buy on eBay, and how much they pay and say to yourself, "Seriously? That's just a little crazy."
Reminds me of the Weird Al song, eBay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYokLWfqbaU
Old July 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
o

O i like that song!!! :P

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:21 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I wouldn't mind paying $50 for the promo if that was the only way I was going to get one, because I know I'll get $50 worth of enjoyment out of it.
But luckily I have a friend who is going to get me one from GenCon.
(assuming that it is indeed true the two promos are the same)
Now if only I can be that patient....
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:42 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
Some years ago when Mage Knight was still popular my friend went to GenCon and got several of the MK exclusives, Booshac I think it was but not sure. He put them on eBay that very day from the hotel at the con and sold all of them for $75 plus. He was able to pay for his trip. Not that I agree with it... I was extremely jealous, lol.

BTW, what figure is it, I couldn't tell from the picture. Is it a reprint of a common? Are we going to be able to make mods? I made a mod for both Nerak and Sir Hawthorne.

"Be of good courage..."
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Well, I believe that same figure will be for both conventions, so I'll have plenty of time to let the heat cool down. I waited a few months for Hawthorne to get him at a good price.
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
If it was bought that quickly, something tells me that a $50 BIN was actually too low.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:01 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboleen
Some years ago when Mage Knight was still popular my friend went to GenCon and got several of the MK exclusives, Booshac I think it was but not sure. He put them on eBay that very day from the hotel at the con and sold all of them for $75 plus. He was able to pay for his trip. Not that I agree with it... I was extremely jealous, lol.

BTW, what figure is it, I couldn't tell from the picture. Is it a reprint of a common? Are we going to be able to make mods? I made a mod for both Nerak and Sir Hawthorne.
Repaint of a sholin monk from wave 3.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:26 PM

jdm61802 has disabled reputation
Fifty is cheap. Considering that a ticket to GenCon cost $45. Gas, at least for me, will cost about $40. Food for the day around another $20. Total is $105 for a day with the only thing I would want and get for free being a heroscape exclussive.

Sure, I plan on playing while I am there, but I have no promises that I will leave with any cool prizes from playing heroscape or heroclix. So worst case scenerio, I spend $105 for a day; not counting registration fees; and get a single figure that I wanted. Or, I spend $50 on Ebay and save the rest of my money to purchase other boosters while getting my fill of game play with local friends.

Right now, Ebay looks better to me even though I am planning on going to GenCon at this time. The only reason for the trip to GenCon though is that my wife and I are planning on visiting family in Indy that weekend.
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by damja
To make things worse, he is synergistic with the Shaolin Minks and any future monks and he is (IMO) the most playable promo figure yet.
Maybe the reason they are handing them out like candy to tournament participants at Gencon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
If it was bought that quickly, something tells me that a $50 BIN was actually too low.
I don't think that it was a case of the price being low, but someone with a serious case of gottahaveit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales