Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:02 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

@superfrog @vegietarian18 @Soundwarp SG-1 @infectedsloth @Son of Arathorn

Hey guys, I haven't see you guys vote on Kalagrith. I feel like I have answered all the questions posed to me at this point. Is there any further questions?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

to review Kalagrith. I like the design, but Paizo's single run of miniatures and the present high price of the miniature (which will only go up as the mini grows scarce) means I can't let this move forward.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:42 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
to review Kalagrith. I like the design, but Paizo's single run of miniatures and the present high price of the miniature (which will only go up as the mini grows scarce) means I can't let this move forward.
Are you saying that SoV would never approve of a Pathfinder Miniature that was a rare?(Considering the release was mid-Nov).

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Are you saying that SoV would never approve of a Pathfinder Miniature that was a rare?(Considering the release was mid-Nov).
I am not the entirety of the SoV project; this is how I'm voting based upon the evidence I've seen for the availability and price of this particular miniature.
Old December 18th, 2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
I am not the entirety of the SoV project; this is how I'm voting based upon the evidence I've seen for the availability and price of this particular miniature.
The point I am making, is that the figure was just released and is a rare for Pathfinder. There is no time better than the present for availability. I don't think you are taking into account for the ability to purchase this mini from local stores, ebay, and that online stores can still receive Pathfinder product. If that isn't good enough, then it will never be good enough.

Old December 19th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I may not be a SoV judge, but I am a customer, and Have enough scaping knowledge that I think I'm opinion hold some value.

While I like the "hit and run" design of Kalagrith, I think with 6 life, 4 move and no way to disengage, He will get tied up pretty quickly. Othkurik kinda already fills this role a bit, being an ambush dragon.

On the other side, the price of adding another dragon, doesn't seem cost effective. I feel like I can get a similar play style out of existing figures.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 19th, 2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I may not be a SoV judge, but I am a customer, and Have enough scaping knowledge that I think I'm opinion hold some value.

While I like the "hit and run" design of Kalagrith, I think with 6 life, 4 move and no way to disengage, He will get tied up pretty quickly. Othkurik kinda already fills this role a bit, being an ambush dragon.

On the other side, the price of adding another dragon, doesn't seem cost effective. I feel like I can get a similar play style out of existing figures.
Some key differences in the design of this dragon.
The movement and attack sequence offers many different possibilities. You currently do not have this with any other dragon. Also note that there comes in a lot of hard choices when the dragon is engaged, or gives opponents a way to counter the dragon by engaging him to try to prevent him from moving away.
  • Attack-Move-Attack-Move
  • Move-Attack-Attack-Move
  • Move-Attack-Move-Attack

With his range of 2, he also has the ability to swipe over the heads of the greenscales.

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The more I think about his special attack, the more unsure of it I am. It goes against some current rules and I can't help but feel there may be some weird situations where Isamu could Vanish somewhere to prevent him from landing or something like that. Range 2 is also kind of weird. to review.
Old December 19th, 2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
The more I think about his special attack, the more unsure of it I am. It goes against some current rules and I can't help but feel there may be some weird situations where Isamu could Vanish somewhere to prevent him from landing or something like that. Range 2 is also kind of weird. to review.
Restrictions in his wording of his power say he must be on a spot where he could end his movement. That nullifies any issues with Isamu vanishing.

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:37 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Oh, I thought he stayed airborne during the power so Isamu could slip under him on to a square that would have been legal. Anyway, I am going to leave my vote as is. The power is just a little confusing and it feels weird to me. Availability is still also a factor in my vote.
Old December 19th, 2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Oh, I thought he stayed airborne during the power so Isamu could slip under him on to a square that would have been legal. Anyway, I am going to leave my vote as is. The power is just a little confusing and it feels weird to me. Availability is still also a factor in my vote.
What part of the availability, The cost? Not feeling you can buy this at your local store or online? Please be as detailed as possible, thanks.

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:48 PM

The cost is definitely a big part. While it is a very nice sculpt, other large sculpts that have been used in VC were available for notably cheaper (Mok, Quahon, unreleased Doom Blade Orc Cyclops Sculpt).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs