Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 22nd, 2019, 05:55 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Six-Gun Gorilla (PUBLIC PLAYTESTING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Would rather see a stat adjustment. Should he really be a 250+ point figure?
I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be 250? I don't think any of his stats should be lower that's for sure. I can see him being on par with guys like Timber Wolf, Gorgon, Cable and Warpath.
Old December 23rd, 2019, 09:48 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I don't know the character, so I defer to Lobster's judgement there.
Old December 23rd, 2019, 03:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't know the character, but this is my uneducated point of view here. Gorilla Grodd is a similar health/strength point being they are both large ape characters. He's also a powerful telepath, and his price point is 225. Prof. X is a powerful mutant telepath that comes in at 220, but he's not an action hero in any shape or way. Some of our action hero type mutants, like a Cable, are higher priced than him. So if Six-Gun Gorilla is an action hero type of huge ape, it's not crazy to think he would come in higher than our telepath huge ape character.

I don't have any idea how much higher though. He's testing pretty strong in part due to the fact he's a strong ranged unit that bonds with a strong melee squad. Lowering his defense/life might not have much impact on his price point as a result. As long as he can stay back behind a common squad screen and shoot his strong SA at foes, he's going to be effective for a while during game play. His SA is much more effective then Gorilla-Man's. Trying to target him early is always an option, but then you are ignoring the GCW, and their 3 attacks of 4-6 can bring just about anyone down when ignored.
Old January 7th, 2020, 03:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I've been following this design from the get go, so tag me in here for votes.
Old January 7th, 2020, 06:02 PM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I've been following this design from the get go, so tag me in here for votes.
Will do YK! Thanks for your involvement, just waiting on the final set of tests.
Old January 26th, 2020, 10:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Six-Gun Gorilla

Army Test
Map: Country Road (no glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (700): Six-Gun Gorilla (250), Super-Ape (Mikhlo) (200), Gorilla City Warriors x2 (250)
Team 2 (700): TMNT

Spoiler Alert!

This map and matchup did favor Six-Gun a bit; he was the only ranged figure and the chokepoint of the bridge meant the Turtles didn’t have an easy way to approach him (especially once Donatello lost his glyph.) Even taking that aside though, I still think he would’ve been solid. Hand Cannons is swingy but I got a fair number of double skull rolls, which were easily able to shred through the defense of the Turtles.

Army Test
Map: Country Road (no glyphs, no bridge section)
Units: Team 1 (700): Six-Gun Gorilla (250), Super-Ape (Mikhlo) (200), Gorilla City Warriors x2 (250)
Team 2 (700): TMNT

Spoiler Alert!

I thought doing a rematch without the bridge would lead to a more even match…guess not.

To be fair, the gorillas got in some very lucky hits here. For example, Six-Gun took out Leo in one hit. But still, the ability to move and attack with 4 semi-heavy hitters per turn easily steamrolled the TMNT in terms of potential.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I will say that both of these games had luck/matchups that favored the gorillas.
However, overall I feel like his balance is more in the hand of the GCWs than anything. They haven’t really had a pure bruiser like this to bond with in the past. Mikhlo is decent, but he’s also priced to work with Red Ghost, one of the best bonding figures in the game.
Being able to take a turn with the GCW and then Six-Gun is pretty powerful. Six-Gun can do long-range or go in for that big hit, while the above-average mobility of the GCW means I was often getting 3 hits of 6 dice before attacking with SGG. There are very few teams that would hold up to that, I think.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I really enjoy him as a design in a vacuum! Maybe cowboy gorilla is just appealing to my interests, but the SA is legitimately really fun for how simple it is. I dig pretty much everything about the design itself.
My main worry is just that the GCW weren’t tested with such a buff bonding hero in mind. Like I said, I was pretty frequently getting 3 attacks of 6 with them, and that’s before bonding with Six-Gun.
My honest thoughts would be to include some sort of negative power that triggers when an OM isn’t revealed on his card at the start of the turn. No clue if that’s thematic, but it seems fun for a cowboy type and would keep him from being too good with the GCW.
I'm really sorry for taking so long. Looks like (unless I'm missing something) he's won every army test he's been in, which is slightly worrying.

I'm going to hold off on signing up for another unit for a while. If you want me to run another test with him, I totally can.
Old January 29th, 2020, 12:32 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm down to jump on a set of tests here ASAP, once Lobs has a course of action in mind. Gotta put this gorilla to bed.
Old January 29th, 2020, 01:59 AM
C3G Landlord

I kind of like the idea of a power that makes him a little less effective when not having an OM revealed on his card. That would make him exactly the way he is now when not bonding with the GCW, while keeping the GCW synergy from pushing his price up to a place where you might not want to play him in any other army build. We've just made Crossbones with a power that makes him better when not revealing an OM on his card, so this would just be the opposite. Maybe only let him attack with his SA once when he doesn't reveal an OM on his card?

DUAL HAND CANNONS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
When attacking with this special attack, each skull rolled counts as an additional hit. When Six-Gun Gorilla attacks with Dual Hand Cannons, if an Order Marker was revealed on this card at the start of his turn, he may attack one additional time.

Kinda makes it so when he's running off solo he's popping off multiple shots, but when he's working with others he's a little more conservative. Don't know if that can be lined up with his personality or comic book story arc's or not.
Old January 29th, 2020, 05:30 PM

I like the direction there, as in he needs to be conservative with a bunch of other massive apes running around spearing fools. If @MrNobody , or @Ronin want to run more tests to home in on his final cost it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I can find time after I have moved.
Old January 29th, 2020, 05:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'll plan on hitting him by this weekend. Good luck with the move!
Old January 29th, 2020, 06:42 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

That's a smart change. Keeps him suitably dangerous when alone but limits the amount of attacks when bonding with the gorillas.
Old January 29th, 2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'll plan on hitting him by this weekend. Good luck with the move!
Righteous! Thanks

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library