Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old December 8th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Robot Workshop

Yeah I like the idea of the big ones being anti-Spidey and the little ones being pro-Spidey.

Superior Spider-Man is possibly my favorite concept in the past 10 years of comics. It’s really interesting to see how Doc Ock took on the challenges Peter usually faces.
Old December 8th, 2018, 07:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Superior Spider-Man had its ups and downs, but in my book, it was all worth it for that one moment at the end.

For context to the below page, Norman, in the know about the whole "Otto is Spider-Man" situation, has been gunning for Otto, hard. In the climax of the book, unbeknownst to Norman, Peter's mind has been restored and he's Spider-Man again, leading into the following scene:

Spoiler Alert!

Anyhow, on a more relevant note, we are getting an Alistair Smythe mini in the upcoming Earth X set - we don't yet know what point in his career the mini is being based on, though, so it might not be suitable for that design.
Old December 8th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Superior Spider-Man had its ups and downs, but in my book, it was all worth it for that one moment at the end.

For context to the below page, Norman, in the know about the whole "Otto is Spider-Man" situation, has been gunning for Otto, hard. In the climax of the book, unbeknownst to Norman, Peter's mind has been restored and he's Spider-Man again, leading into the following scene:

Spoiler Alert!
Yeah, I labeled it as my favorite concept, not my favorite run or storyline, if only because I felt it didn't always live up to it's potential. That last moment was absolutely awesome though.
Quote:

NAME = AARON STACK
SECRET IDENTITY = X-51

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = (Whatever works for Nextwave)
PERSONALITY = (Whatever works for Nextwave)

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

VERY USEFUL DEVICES
Before taking a turn with Aaron, you may choose one of the following effects for the rest of your turn:
-Aaron has the Flying Special Power
-Add 2 to Aaron’s Range number and after attacking he may attack one additional time.
-When attacking with Aaron’s normal attack, if no blanks are rolled, all shields rolled count as extra skulls.
-Before moving, if Aaron is not engaged, you may look at the power side of any one Glyph that is Symbol Side up.

“DIE, FLESHY ONES”
When attacking a figure that is not an Android or Construct, add 1 attack die to your roll.
Okay, here's a robot. I left room for Cybernetic Repair X or a Nextwave synergy power if he needs one.
Old December 8th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd call him Aaron Stack, no secret identity. Classic Machine Man should definitely be Machine Man (Aaron Stack).

That third very useful device seems like by far the most useful, so that might need reworking, but I dig the approach.

If I had a second carve-out besides just Androids, I would make it Artificial Intelligences, not Constructs.

I'd be tempted to leave him as a two-power card, and call him a Defiant Agent.

I think if he needs to do something that's 'teamwork-y', it could be rolled in as a Useful Device - that was kinda how we worked Techno, who had a similar shtick with his Tech-Pac. He has that trick he can pull with Citizen V where you reveal an OM on Techno's card, use his option to subtract from an enemy's defense, and then Citizen V drops the X and gives you two turns with the heavy-hitter Charlatans while the opponent's defenses are down.
Old December 8th, 2018, 11:12 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd call him Aaron Stack, no secret identity. Classic Machine Man should definitely be Machine Man (Aaron Stack).

That third very useful device seems like by far the most useful, so that might need reworking, but I dig the approach.

If I had a second carve-out besides just Androids, I would make it Artificial Intelligences, not Constructs.

I'd be tempted to leave him as a two-power card, and call him a Defiant Agent.

I think if he needs to do something that's 'teamwork-y', it could be rolled in as a Useful Device - that was kinda how we worked Techno, who had a similar shtick with his Tech-Pac. He has that trick he can pull with Citizen V where you reveal an OM on Techno's card, use his option to subtract from an enemy's defense, and then Citizen V drops the X and gives you two turns with the heavy-hitter Charlatans while the opponent's defenses are down.
On secret identities, I'm not too bothered either way. I just feel like there's a precedent set. If Superman=Clark Kent=Kal-El has the secret identity of Kal-El, then I thought Machine Man=Aaron Stack=X-51 should have the secret identity of X-51, since that's his "true name." Though like I said, I'm not too bothered either way, and I'm not crazy familiar with the non-Nextwave version of the character.

I can totally power down the 3rd option. I was trying to capture a buzzsaw (since the mini has one) but surely I can capture that in a more toned-down form. I basically just copied Ash's chainsaw to start.

Artificial Intelligences makes sense.

I'm really liking the idea of Nextwave synergy being based around a sort of chaotic rampage bonding, with Monica being the sensible and strategic leader. I still haven't quite figured out something that feels right, but I wanted to leave that 3rd power slot open just in case. I like what you pointed out about Techno as an option though.

I just found out while researching all this that Machine Man originated in a Jack Kirby comic adaptation of 2001: A Space Odyssey. That's wild!
Old December 8th, 2018, 11:22 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, Machine Man is a character of strange origin.

Fair point on the Superman comparison - that's a very analogous situation. I would have definitely called him Clark Kent, though, so at least I'm consistent!
Old December 8th, 2018, 11:29 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = DOOMBOT
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AVENGER
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

ASSERTING AUTHORITY
If another Unique Hero you control is destroyed and there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on its card, you must immediately move all of your Order Markers onto this card. For the rest of the round, after Doombot attacks, he may attack one additional time.

DISMISSIVE DISENGAGE
Doombot does not take leaving engagement attacks from figures with fewer unrevealed Order Markers on their cards than are on this card.

MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
At the end of a round, you may choose Doombot or an Android or Cyborg Hero adjacent to Doombot. Remove or place 1 Wound Marker on the chosen figure’s card.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING
Bio - A Doombot that was captured by Hank Pym and forcibly recruited into the Avengers (by virtue of a black hole implanted in its chest), Doombot has the real Victor von Doom's charming personality. Despite his insistence that he only does good because he has no other alternative, there is strong evidence to the contrary. Doombot struck up a friendship with Victor Mancha while they served on the Avengers together, and has helped repair him on multiple occasions.
Notes - Fairly new character, from Avengers AI. He's also popped up in the most recent Runaways book, because of his connection to Victor Mancha. A couple highlights from that book, to showcase Doombot's people skills (and unconventional attitude toward whether or not he's the genuine Doctor Doom):

Spoiler Alert!

Tried to capture some real Doom-y, take-charge flavor in the first couple powers, and then lifted Mechanical Engineering from Forge as a nod to his technical expertise. Stats (besides life) match up with the baseline 'Decoy of Doom' Doombot.
Old December 8th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Just A Head

I really like this. I've never read the character myself, but I've always felt oddly jealous that actual Doom didn't get the double-breasted suit look because it's just so cool.

As for the design itself, the theme comes through loud and clear. Very arrogant and strong, but without the crazy powers that define the "real" Doom cards. You better make this guy as soon as there is an available figure.
Old December 9th, 2018, 12:19 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That’s a really fun looking design ya got there Ronin.
Old December 9th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = AARON STACK
SECRET IDENTITY = X-51

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT?
PERSONALITY = DEFIANT?

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

VERY USEFUL DEVICES
Before taking a turn with Aaron, you may choose one of the following effects for the rest of your turn:
-Aaron has the Flying Special Power
-Add 2 to Aaron’s Range number and after attacking he may attack one additional time.
-When attacking with Aaron’s normal attack, all blanks rolled count as extra skulls.
-Before moving, if Aaron is not engaged, you may look at the power side of any one Glyph that is Symbol Side up.

“DIE, FLESHY ONES”
When attacking a figure that is not an Android or Artificial Intelligence, add 1 attack die to your roll.
Okay, take two.

What about this as a central Nextwave mechanic, probably on Monica's card?
Quote:
AGENTS OF H.A.T.E
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Defiant Hero you control and taking a turn with that hero, if that hero inflicted one or more wounds this turn you may choose a Defiant Hero you control. Remove an unrevealed Order Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card to take an immediate turn with that figure.
Old December 11th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I really like this. I've never read the character myself, but I've always felt oddly jealous that actual Doom didn't get the double-breasted suit look because it's just so cool.

As for the design itself, the theme comes through loud and clear. Very arrogant and strong, but without the crazy powers that define the "real" Doom cards. You better make this guy as soon as there is an available figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
That’s a really fun looking design ya got there Ronin.
Thanks, guys! I was stumped on him for a few weeks, but a few things clicked for me the other night, and I think I'm on to a solid direction there. The main hook of Asserting Authority was actually based on something that I think @Lazy Orang once suggested for a 'good guy' Future Foundation version of Doom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What about this as a central Nextwave mechanic, probably on Monica's card?
Quote:
AGENTS OF H.A.T.E
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Defiant Hero you control and taking a turn with that hero, if that hero inflicted one or more wounds this turn you may choose a Defiant Hero you control. Remove an unrevealed Order Marker from the chosen figure's Army Card to take an immediate turn with that figure.
Very rampage-y.

It's too bad you can't make Nextwave synergy work from the Captain's card, since he's the one who's unique to it. Definitely not the right place for it, though.

Aaron looks cool, though.
Old December 13th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = BLACK ANT
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = SELF-CENTERED

SIZE/HEIGHT = TINY 2

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

MERCENARY TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Mercenary card you control and taking a turn with that Mercenary, you may take an immediate turn with Black Ant. During this turn, Black Ant can only attack figures engaged with that Mercenary and adds 1 additional attack die against an adjacent figure. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures.

TINY STEALTH
Black Ant cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figures and only takes leaving engagement attacks from tiny figures.

FLYING
Bio - The real Eric O'Grady died fighting the Descendants, a group of evil androids led by Father. Father replaced him with a Life-Model Decoy that took Eric's place in the Avengers as a double agent, working for Father. After he was eventually exposed, he took on the new identity of Black Ant, and openly joined the Descendants before breaking off from the group and embarking on his own mercenary career. He has struck up a partnership with Taskmaster, who was also friends with the original O'Grady.
Notes - inspired by the 'dirt-cheap heroes' talk over in Out-There Heaven, here's another robot I've been thinking about lately. No official mini, but we could repaint one of the Ant-Men. (If we have paintbrushes that small?)

Stat-line comes from O'Grady, but with extra defense to make up for the loss of Vanish. I dropped insect control since he doesn't really use it that much, that I remember. Probably worth pinging @johnny139 on theme points here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy