Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 20th, 2015, 10:24 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Arkham Asylum set.
Its model number and name are #040 / Doctor Destiny.

NAME = DOCTOR DESTINY
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHN DEE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = OBSESSIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

WARPED REALITY 9
Instead of attacking with Doctor Destiny, you may choose any marker other than an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Destiny and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 9 or higher, move that marker onto the card of any opponent's Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Destiny. Warped Reality may not be used to move markers, other than Wound Markers, that were placed by Event Heroes. After using Warped Reality, you may use it one additional time.

MATERIOPTIKON CONTROL 13
After taking a turn with Doctor Destiny, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Destiny and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, take temporary control of that Hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before Materioptikon Control was used. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.
--------------------------------

Last design from me for a while; I need to focus on refining and testing some of the ones I've already posted. Still, I wanted to get Destiny out there, if only so I could have a DC design in my stable. I've always been more of a Marvel guy, but it seemed a little strange to not have anything from the Distinguished Competition.

I'm mostly familiar with Destiny from his Sandman appearance, but so far as I can tell that's fairly representative of his usual powerset (if not his appearance).

Materioptikon Control is also just Mind Exchange masquerading under a different name at the moment.

Last edited by Ronin; January 16th, 2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:46 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Man, I forgot about Dr. Destiny. I really like the character, and would love to see a card for him made.

I'm digging Reality Warp.
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Reality Warp is interesting but you'll need to change the name as The Mask uses that name already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Ah, good call. Maybe something more related to the Dreamstone/Materioptikon would work there. Dreamworld Warp, or something similar (open to suggestions, if anyone has a good idea).
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Maybe just a word play. Warped Reality.
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Symbiotic

If Warped Reality is different enough from Reality Warp to be usable, then I'll take it. Pretty close to the intended name, and it makes the power more reusable than something that references the Dreamstone.

EDIT: Also switched the order of the two powers so it's "Instead of attacking...." and then "After taking a turn...."
Old January 21st, 2015, 01:21 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not saying you should make the dreamstone a glyph, but if you did, it might make sandman easier to pull off, considering how complicated he would be to design.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 21st, 2015, 01:44 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
WARPED REALITY 9
Instead of attacking with Doctor Destiny, you may choose any marker other than an Order Marker on the Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Destiny and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, move that marker onto the card of any other figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Destiny. After using Warped Reality, you may use it one additional time.
So I can move Emma Frost's Diamond Marker onto Superman, transfer Hal's green Battery Marker onto Yellow Lantern, use one of Morsbane's Negation Markers against Morsbane, move Trapster's Paste Pot markers onto Event Heroes, common figures, squads.... Seems like this opens up a ton of rules questions.

Do you want to explicitly say (somehow) that markers in wrong contexts do nothing? Or is the intended "spirit" of the effect that marker-based special powers are now applicable in all kinds of ways that were never intended?

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; January 21st, 2015 at 02:51 AM. Reason: clarity
Old January 21st, 2015, 06:05 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

The markers have no effect while on another figure's card unless the special power specifically states that it does.

{Edit} Meaning the marker power, not Warped Reality.

Last edited by Karat; January 21st, 2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old January 21st, 2015, 09:58 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Since @Lord Pyre is back, I thought he might like some erniespiration (lamejoke achievement unlocked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
The Evil One

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
smiley for sure needs some work

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:19 AM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I'm not saying you should make the dreamstone a glyph, but if you did, it might make sandman easier to pull off, considering how complicated he would be to design.
I'm not totally sure I want Morpheus in C3G, but either way, I think he'd be better off without the dreamstone, since he goes most of his series without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
WARPED REALITY 9
Instead of attacking with Doctor Destiny, you may choose any marker other than an Order Marker on the Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Destiny and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, move that marker onto the card of any other figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Doctor Destiny. After using Warped Reality, you may use it one additional time.
So I can move Emma Frost's Diamond Marker onto Superman, transfer Hal's green Battery Marker onto Yellow Lantern, use one of Morsbane's Negation Markers against Morsbane, move Trapster's Paste Pot markers onto Event Heroes, common figures, squads.... Seems like this opens up a ton of rules questions.

Do you want to explicitly say (somehow) that markers in wrong contexts do nothing? Or is the intended "spirit" of the effect that marker-based special powers are now applicable in all kinds of ways that were never intended?
Like Karat says, if a marker isn't stated to to do something on another figure's card, it doesn't do anything. I could see adding a line about that just for clarity, but it seems kind of unnecessary. I mean, we'd basically be putting down something to the tune of "If a marker is placed on an Army Card where it is not stated to have any effect, it has no effect." I think it's more FAQ material than something to put in the power text. (Though if people are having trouble understanding, I'll cave on that front; there's enough room on the card for another line at the moment)

There is some weird stuff Destiny could get up to (which might have to be addressed and closed off), like putting Trapster's markers on Event Heroes or even more weirdly, commons and squads. Technically, Destiny could immobilize all of your opponent's Civilians with one marker, since Destiny's Paste Pot special power prevents him from placing a paste pot marker on the card of a common or squad figure, but it does not actually prevent the marker from affecting those figures. Or you could draft Destiny with a few Green Lanterns and move all their markers onto one of their cards for one super-Green Lantern (though that would be a slow and questionable process).

I'll have to run through the marker powers and see what other weird possibilities come up.
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:48 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Just limit it to Unique Heroes. The combo I'd be most concerned with is a green Lantern build where all the battery markers got transferred to Kilowog.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy