Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 18th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Pluto (Playtesting Phase)

I'd be happy dropping his Attack down to 6 - with range that seems more reasonable actually. Then maybe bump his points a bit if necessary - I feel like less than 7 Life would be unrealistic for one of Olympia's Big Three.
Old January 19th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Test in from Ronin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Pluto

Army Test
Map: Crash Landing (random Permanent Glyph replacing Wannok)
Units: Pluto, Moloids x19 (600) vs Groot, Gentleman Ghost, Moloids x16 (600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Crash Landing (random permanent glyph)
Units: Pluto, Gentleman Ghost, Civilians x3, Moloid x9 (800) vs Ventriloquist, Hired Guns, Crime Alley Crooks x2, Shocker, Vulture, Grey Gargoyle (800)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Pluto seems balanced for these fairly low-point matches. He crushed in the first one, but that was kind of an optimal scenario for him. He definitely doesn't like units that can make it hard for him to hold onto his Helm. Resurrection units are also somewhat annoying for him to fight against, since they can pull themselves off his card and back into the fight before he can use them for Lord of Hades.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I tried Pluto out both with and against Gentleman Ghost; he has an interesting interaction with resurrection units on his own team in that he can kill them himself, use them for Lord of Hades, and then they can be resurrected later. In most cases, I suspect this isn't a great deal, but it might be a good idea for someone to test him with zombies. They might fit well into that tie-down screen category that he likes so well. Probably not as good for him as Moloids, but they might be a good synergy in higher-point armies where you can't just tank up on Moloids. Gentleman Ghost also isn't a bad team-up, as Heroes go, since he's not too expensive and Pluto can kill him off for the bonus and still fairly reliably use him later.

Awkward rules scenario: in case of Pluto vs Ghost Rider, when Pluto kills a unit, the two have to roll-off to see who gets to place the unit on Pluto's card. This gets you two piles of units on Pluto's card; those that were placed with Lord of Hades (eligible to be used by Pluto) and those that were placed with Penance Stare. The ones placed by Penance Stare are eligible to be used by Ghost Rider's Penance Stare, and according to current wording on Pluto's card, technically also available for Lord of Hades, so he could just use up those ones to avoid Ghost Rider's Penance Stare bonus.

Also, is it just me, or is it really annoying that Marvel decided to go 50/50 on Greek vs Roman names? I keep trying to call him Hades.
Old January 19th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

...and in from Sock.

These ones were less helpful since he had him in Hero heavy armies, but between the two I'm thinking that a drop in Attack to 6 should probably be sufficient. He's good with Moloids, but it's such a narrow build that I don't think he needs much of a boost.

I'd like another set or two of tests, though, of course, beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock
I had a couple strategies going into the playtests. I don't have many squad based armies, so I wasn't able to run that test. But hopefully these will suffice:

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Pluto

Army Test 1
Map: Chernobyl
Units:
Pluto, War-Machine, Green Arrow, Blob(995)
vs.
Magneto, Gorgon, Psylocke, Destiny(980)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Chernobyl
Units:
Pluto, Captain America, Star-Sapphire(990)
vs.
Fantastic Four(1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Pluto, Oracle, Captain America, Bane(950)
vs.
Star-Lord, Human Torch, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora(960)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I think he works well, and is a definite threat. With the right army, I can see him really going on a tear, if the luck is in his favor with his rolls(they weren't in the 2nd game). An army of units boosting him, such as Cap and Bane, I could easily see him really causing some pain, especially if he had height. Another strategy is to surround him with units that make it difficult to get close to him, which could lead to his advantage for sure. Overall, I think for his point value, he is pretty well balanced, and certainly draftable. Though, once he loses the glyph, he starts to struggle a lot.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He is fun to play, and he can be a devastating hitter. However, him losing that glyph, will spell the tide changing moment for him. Not being able to leave engagements freely, and being able to be targeted non-adjacently, takes away his biggest advantage. Personally, I would not lower his attack based on these 2 tests, unless you lower his points 10-20. The 1st game was close, but the 2nd game ended pretty badly for him. Even though he was 1 wound away from killing Mr. Fantastic, which certainly would have turned the tide and could have dramatically changed things, he was struggling as soon as he got stuck next to Mr. Fantastic.
Old January 19th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I would definitely drop his attack by 1, but I think it would be a good idea to raise his cost slightly too. So far with Moloids, he's 5-0 with a few of those being big wins. Even Sock found him fairly balanced in bad match-ups where he was lacking his biggest advantage.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 19th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Attack dropped. How far are you feeling for the point boost? 420? 430? More? Maybe even add a 5? That'd be one less Moloid but help him a bit in other builds.
Old January 19th, 2015, 06:25 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I think 6 Attack and 430 is a good place for another round of testing. Cost can then go up or down from there depending on results.

Old January 19th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I could swing 430. Any other thoughts before I make the change?
Old January 19th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Sounds like a good place to move forward from.
Old January 19th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Seems like a smart change.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 20th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Change made.
Old February 9th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Okay, so it looks like two absolute STOMPS here. Pluto was barely hurt in either game. He didn't do an extreme amount of damage, though, which makes me think that the Moloids might be the issue rather than Pluto himself...

Where do we go from here? I'm hesitant to remove the Moloid bonding, because it's easily the most fun to play that way, but it seems like a real tough one to balance. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zettian Juggernaut
Here you go, sorry it took so long:
Quote:
NAME OF THE PLAYTESTING UNIT (Pluto @430)

Army Test 1
Unit Sum-up:

Damage:

Normal: killed 5 Crime Alley Crooks and 4 wounds to Gentleman Ghost.
Power Usage:
Lord of Hades: added 3 attack dice; added 0 defense dice.
Olympian Fortitude: stopped 0 wounds.
Map: Relic (by Dignan)
Units: Army 1: Pluto (430) and Moloid x19 (190) (620) VS Army 2: Crime Alley Crooks x4 (260), Gentleman Ghost (165), Grey Gargoyle (200) (625)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Unit Sum-up:

Damage:

Normal: killed 5 Ninja, 1 wound to Kirigi, and 3 wounds to Lady Deathstrike.
Power Usage:
Lord of Hades: added 4 attack dice; added 0 defense dice.
Olympian Fortitude: stopped 0 wounds.
Map: Relic (by Dignan)
Units: Army 1: Pluto (430), Moloid x17 (170), Crimson Dynamo (150) (750) VS Army 2: Hand Ninja x4 (340), Lady Deathstrike (240), Kirigi (175) (755)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: 430 may work, Pluto didn't do much damage in either game, but he took most of the focus from of the opponent in both games.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Pluto was really enjoyable to play.

Not sure if this has come up before or not, but it would be interesting to see how good it would to kill your own Moloids for Lord of Hades against an army that doesn't have any commons.
Old February 9th, 2015, 09:20 PM

2 games is not always much to go one, but that's certainly not encouraging. I don't think raising his cost will do much unless we go quite a bit higher. Maybe bring his Defense or Life down by one? Doctor Doom is another ranged Ruler. Right now, Doom has better powers, but slightly weaker stats (1 less Life, Move, and Attack, 1 more Range). Doom also lacks the invulnerability to Range, and is 55 points cheaper.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library