Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 4th, 2013, 12:14 PM

brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: brandonwiker's maps- Black Fork V2 posted 5/22!

Hello all! Sorry I haven't been replying to your posts.... Recently took a PT job on top of my FT job so I literally almost have no time for anything but eat and sleep. I do intend to put a map or two up in the coming 4th of July weekend, though.

@heroscaper2010: I am pretty sure the one in the OP is the updated one... I've probably edited MM 2-3 times. I try to keep all of my newest/updated content uploaded to the internet. Also, the jungle pieces were the ones I had the hardest time placing on this map. I find that melee armies have an easier time controlling the road area with all the jungle around there. I played once in May or June with my brother in law on MM, it was something like:

My Warriors of Ashra x3, Aubrien Archers x2, Syv, and ullar's flagbearer (forgot the name)
VS
His zombies x4 or x5, rae, and I think kaemon awasome.

Zombies killed the majority of my army, it was bad. I had the attack glyph for the beginning 1-2 rounds, but then he put tons of OMs on zombies and took it with Zs rise again (I think WoA agility kinda stunk for me) and it was downhill real quick from there.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the map! Makes me happy to see my maps getting some use!

EDIT: And apparently I did have version 2 of Marsh Manor just sitting in my folders waiting to be uploaded, lol. Just posted it.

Last edited by brandonwiker; July 5th, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:28 AM

brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness brandonwiker wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: brandonwiker's maps- Puddle Jumping posted 7/7!

Just posted puddle jumping! 1 RotV and 1 TJ. I haven't spent too much time trying to edit the map yet, so if anyone sees any glaring problems/imbalances, point it out!

Also, Marsh Manor V2 is posted right under Marsh Manor in the OP for those interested.
Old August 5th, 2013, 07:54 PM

PikminToo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Great maps! I can't wait to try them out.
Old February 6th, 2014, 03:27 PM

It's been a while for my poor map thread... I'm so neglectful.

Anyway, I'm posting a turn based map building system that I've used a few times. The file is from virtualscape. It gets players actively involved in map building, although it can take a little time to complete. Thanks much to LUCKE13 for the original idea!

brandonwiker's turn based map building

I'm copying a post I put in another thread, these are some pics I have of maps that some of the guys and I have built using this system!

--------------------
Using this system could probably lead to way crazier maps, but the guys that I play with generally try to keep things fair. Here are a few!

--------------------------------------------

This map above, I think I used Gilbert (see the dice bag on the left?) x2 or 3 knights, and x2 or 3 aubrien archers. My brother in law used Zombie hulk x2, zombies of morindan x4 or 5, and marro warriors I think... It was a blowout, I'm pretty sure I got wrecked by Zs rise again.
---------------------------------------------

This map above, my brother in law tried to make a one hex little perch on both sides of the map that was higher than the rest of the map. Molten lava to the rescue, lol, I covered up those spots (I think my army was very melee heavy) with molten lava so that it was basically unusable. I'm such a jerk.
---------------------------------------------

On this 3 player map, we made the gray rock pieces the starting zones. One guy used MDG, x2 romans, and x2 aubrien archers I think, and the other guy used Dzu teh, x2 white wyrm, and you can also see the bottom half of nilf in the top left of that pic, and he also had the airborne elite in that game. He smoked the majority of my army and the other guy's army because the AE dropped first round AND he won initiative, so he nuked our starting zones with 2 grenades each (and if you look hard at the top right of the pic, you should be able to see my army with the green cards, I was fielding x3 venocs [yay 0 defense] VW, and I think x2 roman archers. It was bad lol.)

----------------------------------------------

Can you tell from the pictures that we love roads and jungle bushes? Anything to keep people from camping or running away and shooting everyone to death.

Anyone who has the time should seriously give this a shot! And take pictures of the map that comes out of this process!
Old March 1st, 2014, 01:00 PM

Re: brandonwiker's maps- Turn based map building added 2/6/1

New map!

3/1/14:
Fry's Road

The inspiration for the name of this map came from a street called Fries rd. about 35 minutes from where I live. It's so weird, I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of fast food restaurants on that road, too.

Let's hear some thoughts...
Old March 1st, 2014, 04:30 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: brandonwiker's maps-Fry's Road added 3/1/14!!!

It seems there is three ways to go to the opponent (left of the river, road and sand) each with its pros and cons.
Even with the glyph easy to grab the left side may be the less interesting.

The trap is fun (fireball bam!) but with such a trap I would never try to get the treasure glyph except if I have only hero remaining. ^^

And eastically i'm not fond of the "no border" water but unfortunately "bordering" the water often takes a lot of hexes.

Puddle Jumping looks very fun and strategic too I've to try this one one day.

Old March 3rd, 2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
It seems there is three ways to go to the opponent (left of the river, road and sand) each with its pros and cons.
Even with the glyph easy to grab the left side may be the less interesting.

The trap is fun (fireball bam!) but with such a trap I would never try to get the treasure glyph except if I have only hero remaining. ^^

And eastically i'm not fond of the "no border" water but unfortunately "bordering" the water often takes a lot of hexes.

Puddle Jumping looks very fun and strategic too I've to try this one one day.
I was intentionally trying to punish squad heavy armies with that trap. Even more so, armies with one cheerleader and lots of squads, to make players think about going for an early treasure grab when they have masses of squads in the start zone.

Now that you mention it, the left side of the map from each zone does look pretty boring, glyph being the only attractive thing. I played around with it for a while, I decided I really wanted the two trees on each side to hamper ranged units on the high ground, and to block sight a little to the glyphs from the middle of the map.

I am also not a fan of how the water looks when it's not completely surrounded by higher ground, but I was out of pieces for this map, and I didn't really like the idea of adding height on that spot of the map, because I think it would only serve to hamper melee units crossing the map.

I appreciate the input! I do want to take a second look at the "boring" left sides, it may be a while, though
Old March 18th, 2014, 02:41 PM

MrHscape is surprisingly tart

Nice! I might use one of these maps in one of my videos, if that's ok. Anyway nice job.

Check out my YouTube channel if you have time
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHscape
Old March 18th, 2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHscape View Post
Nice! I might use one of these maps in one of my videos, if that's ok. Anyway nice job.
That's awesome! I would be honored, use whatever map you want, I'm not a total freak about who uses my maps or anything. Make adjustments to my maps if you think it is necessary!

Which one are you thinking about using? If you would do me a favor, try out Fry's road or even puddle jumping, and try to remember to use my "heavy rain" rules for puddle jumping! Both players must put water tiles down at the end of each round! If you haven't checked it out yet, you should go download the file!
Old March 19th, 2014, 11:15 AM

MrHscape is surprisingly tart

Ok I can try out fry's road. Personally the puddle jumping map idea seems a lot more intresting, but I don't have enough water tiles lol. Anyway I am for sure going to use your map and I'll be sure to give you a shout out. Also it may be a while until I get to this map because I have a few other things planned first of all.

Check out my YouTube channel if you have time
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHscape
Old April 12th, 2014, 10:10 AM

I spent some time playing with Fry's road, I wasn't happy with the sides of the map, and the lack of elevation change throughout the map, really. I ended up scrapping that map completely and creating a new one!

Fry's Road V2!

It uses the same terrain sets, and a similar (but not identical!) treasure glyph trap. I feel like this one is a bit more interesting... haven't played it myself though. In fact, there are a couple of things I may still edit on this one. I may also throw up another version that doesn't use the jungle, it would probably be functional.

Perhaps I will feature it in my next battle video... so I can see it for myself.

Thoughts?

Last edited by brandonwiker; April 12th, 2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old April 20th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Re: brandonwiker's maps-Jungle Free Fry's Road added 4/20/14

And... Here is that Fry's road without the jungle set!

4/20/14
Fry's Road V3: Jungle Free!
1 Rotv, 1 Rttff

Didn't take me very long to reconfigure it to exclude the jungle set! Ok, 8 days is kind of long, but for me, it's quick! I mostly did this for anyone who doesn't have the jungle set, because it IS SO darn expensive to get it in this post scape production era.

The build instructions are extremely close to V2, but I did bump a handful of things around in this version, so don't just build Fry's Road V2 and remove the jungle pieces, because it's not the same as this one!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios