Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 12th, 2016, 12:54 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Marro Warriors

These guys single-handedly killed 280 points worth in a 350 point game I played last night. Granted, they had Thorgrim's Spirit urging them on, but still. Probably the best 50 point unit/squad I have yet to battle with.
Old December 12th, 2016, 02:36 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
These guys single-handedly killed 280 points worth in a 350 point game I played last night. Granted, they had Thorgrim's Spirit urging them on, but still. Probably the best 50 point unit/squad I have yet to battle with.
Their power level really depends on what you have drafted and what the opponent has drafted, not to mention playstyles and tactics. In one of my more recent games a squad of Tarns absolutely destroyed the Marros in one turn by berserking next to them and taking them out with a few good rolls. Another RoTV counter is DW9000, that explosion though. Although the AE make the best Marro exterminators in my opinion. Also, with Thorgrim's Spirit, those things are actually untouchable, good choice by whoever had them.

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old December 12th, 2016, 05:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The Marro Warrior are the second best ranged unique squad in the game, and they only fall short of the Krav by a hair. Beware the Marro Warriors in the endgame.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 12th, 2019, 01:29 PM

PaladinAtticus is surprisingly tart

What I do is I leave one behind and have the other three go on suicide runs. When they die, just clone using the guy you left behind! Particularly good at siege situations.
Old March 12th, 2019, 01:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I put this tidbit in my blog and figured I'd cross post it here.

Quote:
Rush and Retreat
This tactic begins by using 3 of your Marro Warriors as shocktroops. Do anything you can to get damage done; take height, glyphs, etc. Leave your 4th Marro Warrior near-ish to your main force and once the 3 shocktrooping Marro Warriors have gone down, hopefully your other units will have begun mobilizing. Anytime you have the free turn, have your lone Marro clone itself. By the time endgame hits, all of your Marro Warriors should have returned to life. This takes the Shocktrooper or Janitor gameplay to a new level. Now, you can have your cake and eat it.
A bit risky, and situational. But units like Dund or MFM could make it possible with the OM removal powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinAtticus View Post
What I do is I leave one behind and have the other three go on suicide runs. When they die, just clone using the guy you left behind! Particularly good at siege situations.
That is a great MW strategy, last espoused by Flameslayer a few posts up. Definitely a good way to play them.
Old May 17th, 2021, 05:32 PM

Wiet is surprisingly tart

The text for Water Clone starts with “Instead of attacking...” and ends with “You may only Water Clone after you move.” Isn’t that last sentence redundant since you do it instead of attacking, which always is after the (optional) movement?

Or does it mean you MUST move your figures if you want to try and Water Clone? Should they remain stationary you cannot even try?

I’ve read through all the comments in this thread, as well as the Unit Strategy Review, and could not find this addressed.
Old May 17th, 2021, 06:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The wording is old and kinda bad. If this had been released in a later wave it would likely just say “After moving and instead of attacking…”
Old May 17th, 2021, 08:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The wording is old and kinda bad. If this had been released in a later wave it would likely just say “After moving and instead of attacking…”
That doesn't really answer the question, though. In reality it could just be "Instead of attacking," but they tried a little too hard with the wording sometimes. What "After moving and instead of attacking" and wording like that is trying to convey is the "phase" of the turn in which the power takes place. So no, you don't have to move, but the Cloning takes place "after moving [phase]" and "instead of attacking [phase]".

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units