Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 28th, 2018, 01:44 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Wordsmithing

The disagreement is primarily around the words "decides".

I have played many, many games where the dice were a factor in the final decision. I can recall one game where dice were the factor that decided the game. (Classic league game against vegies dad. Nilf wrecked everything in a round and a half) I can recall many games where dice were a factor because I or my opponent made a decision that caused the dice to have greater weight than they could have. I can recall several games where a certain string of dice tilted the game to the point where it was difficult to win.

If we're using "decides" to mean "no one, not even a perfect Heroscape playing computer could win that game", then the number is probably not that far off from the quoted 1% (a number I'd quibble with only because I'm a math person).

If we're using "decides" to mean "has a larger factor on the game than skill did", I'd probably put that number higher (not too high, but probably somewhere in the 5-10% range).

Really though, getting hung up on the specific number (which is part of the reason I'd quibble over 1% ~_^) distracts from the major point. There are very few, if any games, where you couldn't have done something to make the dice less of a factor.

~Dysole, combining her undergraduate major and minor into one post

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles