Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 2nd, 2018, 08:50 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Battlefields of Valhalla Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Embattled Fen and it's not even close.
GameBear was my favorite map designer, solid choice

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old October 4th, 2018, 02:49 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
An idle question for y'all. If you had to choose one single BoV map -- on which to play every HeroScape game for the rest of your life -- which one would it be?
Well, I thought it would be interesting to approach this question from a little more statistical standpoint than just a gut feeling. I've been involved in helping to choose the maps in our local tourney for the past several years, and (being the technogeek I am), I have a spreadsheet for that. So, using 6 years of data (including this year's), giving my first choice for a year 15 points, second choice 14 pts, and so on down to however many choices there were for a given year, then adding 'em all up, here's the top 5:
  1. Sirocco
  2. Ticalla Sunrise
  3. Quasatch Playground
  4. Burial Marsh
  5. Dance of the Dryads

To answer from the "gut feeling" angle as well, I think I might go with Dance of the Dryads—I suspect its position at the bottom of the top 5 is only because I didn't notice it for a couple years (look upthread if you need to know why). But honestly my gut feelings change every year. I'll get sick of one map after a few years, start thinking another one isn't so bad after all, etc.

And of course let us not forget that there are now ARV maps to consider as well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 7th, 2018, 12:41 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Nice. Only four posts so far, and yet already lots of variety in what's been named.
Now we need your answer! I'm sure there are a couple that you have a keen interest in.
Hah hah, nice of you BiggaBullfrog. So hard to say... Perhaps Draugur? Although the terrain requirements (double tundra!) are so steep.....
Old October 7th, 2018, 12:43 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
To answer from the "gut feeling" angle as well, I think I might go with Dance of the Dryads.
Well, THAT was unexpected.
Old October 7th, 2018, 02:30 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
To answer from the "gut feeling" angle as well, I think I might go with Dance of the Dryads.
Well, THAT was unexpected.
It's a good map. It's got about as much variety as a tourney map can have: shadow, lava, trees, stalagmites, road, water, dungeon. It's fairly visually interesting; the road makes it easy to get around on while the highest tiles are all lava field, making it dangerous to camp there. I mean, who knows? Ask me again in two years and I might be bored of it by then. But right now I'm still diggin' it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old November 1st, 2018, 05:13 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Elswin Plateau all the way. I know it's not the most popular and a little stale for some people, but it's been my favorite since I first built it.

A close second would be Ticalla Sunrise, and it is admittedly more tactically interesting. Honorable mention goes to Road Rampage, which just holds a bunch of nostalgia value for me as the first competitive map I played on.

I hear you on Elswin Plateau, Bigga. So flat and asymmetric. Feels like an actual battleground. And I have fond memories mobilizing a Brave Arrow + Dwarves build across the plateau to smash into a waiting opponent.

~tgx
Old November 1st, 2018, 09:28 PM

BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannergx View Post
Quote:
Elswin Plateau all the way. I know it's not the most popular and a little stale for some people, but it's been my favorite since I first built it.

A close second would be Ticalla Sunrise, and it is admittedly more tactically interesting. Honorable mention goes to Road Rampage, which just holds a bunch of nostalgia value for me as the first competitive map I played on.

I hear you on Elswin Plateau, Bigga. So flat and asymmetric. Feels like an actual battleground. And I have fond memories mobilizing a Brave Arrow + Dwarves build across the plateau to smash into a waiting opponent.

~tgx
Hey, great to see you still looking around, tannergx! Speaking of favorite maps, you've designed a lot of my favorite go-to tournament maps! You need to make it back up to Utah sometime to join in on our Monthly game days!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios