Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 13th, 2016, 11:17 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Split Second 1992

Great Rutger Hauer flick set in 2008 when the the icecaps have melted from global warming. A bit buddy cop, a bit Alien, a bit Blade Runner atmosphere(no robots) in a cult-y style. Also stars Kim Cattrall and a cameo by Michael J. Pollard.
"We need bigger guns."
You mentioning Rutger Hauer reminded that I have managed to miss ever watching Blade Runner. Apparently I'm really missing something. I have got to watch that soon.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old September 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I never watched it until a few years ago and I am quite the Rutger fan.
It can be hard for movies to hold up to their reputation especially ones made so long ago.
There are quite a few different versions so you may want some advice as to which one to watch first.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 13th, 2016, 04:15 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I never watched it until a few years ago and I am quite the Rutger fan.
It can be hard for movies to hold up to their reputation especially ones made so long ago.
There are quite a few different versions so you may want some advice as to which one to watch first.
Do you have any such advice? And does it hold up?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old September 13th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've watched it a few times back when there was only one version to choose from. Never really liked it much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 13th, 2016, 04:23 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes and no.

I watched a version with no voice over the first time and I think it would have been better the first time with it.

You can never go back. If I would have seen it when it was released I am sure it would have been up there with Alien and Empire Strikes Back for me. It is still very good. The atmosphere is top notch and if you look through the lens of its age it is really impressive what they were able to do.

I think if you do not let your expectations run too high, you will enjoy it.

I think the age of a viewer can also matter. I grew up with late 70's and 80's movie so some of the cheese(especially in the 80's) does not bother me too much.
I have a friend about a decade younger and he rarely enjoys anything made before the 90s.
Of course it is all on the individual and people's feelings on movies varies greatly.
I would check it out.

Certainly a must see for fans of Phillip K. Dick.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 13th, 2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Yes and no.

I watched a version with no voice over the first time and I think it would have been better the first time with it.

You can never go back. If I would have seen it when it was released I am sure it would have been up there with Alien and Empire Strikes Back for me. It is still very good. The atmosphere is top notch and if you look through the lens of its age it is really impressive what they were able to do.

I think the age of a viewer can also matter. I grew up with late 70's and 80's movie so some of the cheese(especially in the 80's) does not bother me too much.
I have a friend about a decade younger and he rarely enjoys anything made before the 90s.
Of course it is all on the individual and people's feelings on movies varies greatly.
I would check it out.

Hmm you seem to be suggestion that I watch the theatrical version with the voice-over? Most advice that I have seen is the opposite of that stating that the final cut version without the voice-over is the one to watch.

Cheese? I love cheese. I grew up loving Van-Damme, Norris, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, etc. movies. I even used to stay up late when I was really young so I could watch Kung-Fu Theatre with it's awesome, cheesy, horribly-dubbed goodness.

Thanks for the advice. I will watch it as soon as I can.

Old September 13th, 2016, 10:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Picked up Captain America Civil War after work today and watched it with my daughters tonight. Loved it again

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:54 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Yes and no.

I would check it out.

Hmm you seem to be suggestion that I watch the theatrical version with the voice-over? Most advice that I have seen is the opposite of that stating that the final cut version without the voice-over is the one to watch.

Cheese? I love cheese. I grew up loving Van-Damme, Norris, Stallone, Schwarzenegger, etc. movies. I even used to stay up late when I was really young so I could watch Kung-Fu Theatre with it's awesome, cheesy, horribly-dubbed goodness.

Thanks for the advice. I will watch it as soon as I can.
The only one I've seen is the theatrical version, I like it a lot. I doubt the other versions are drastically different, so even the 'worst' version of it is still going to be good. It's pretty good, I don't mind the voice over. It ranks up there with Alien, Aliens, and The Terminator. You like those movies? You'll like Blade Runner.

There is also more depth to the characters in Blade Runner. Especially after reading the book, I started to sympathize with the androids. Deckard is evil, hunting down slaves. Slaves who only have a 4 year life span.

The book is great too, I love the audiobook read by Scott Brick:

Some good quotes from the book:

Spoiler Alert!

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old September 21st, 2016, 01:09 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Blast From The Past Dept.

I just heard about the Ron Howard Beatles movie coming out. Here's a letters column entry from The Beatles magazine, one of the first US teen 'zines from back in the early Sixties, that I remember for its period language:

Dear Earl Leaf (Editor):

You're a groovy guy but your mistake was rank! You stated that Paul seems not to be interested in the ladies, because he listed his interest in 'bird watching.' But in England a 'bird' is a 'girl!'
Old September 24th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The girls wanted to watch X-Men Origins: Wolverine last night, as it's been awhile since seeing it last. I forgot how crappy it is for the most part, either that, or after seeing the last several years of Marvel movies and Netflix series', I've seen so much better quality over that past several years, that now Wolverine looks that much worse by comparison.

Initially, it was probably just neat to see more Wolverine on the big screen, with some cool scenes from his transformation process, as well as he and Victor teaming up together through history. It was also neat to see Blob and Gambit. But even back then, I thought the way they did Deadpool was freakin' horrible.

So while I was cringing at how bad I saw it as last night, it reminded me of how far we've come and how much more we expect.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 24th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Every time I see one of the X-Men movies now, I wish they would have taken the MCU approach and started with a long term plan and story. There are some good ones in there, but there are a lot of misses. And one of my big complaints is that they are almost standalone movies drawing from the overall X-Men IP. They have Cyclops in two different times, and Beast in two different times, as two examples.
Old September 24th, 2016, 10:53 AM

Hardwired(1990)

Very cool mostly unknown 'art film' with a sci-fi setting.

It is based on a 2000AD comic called Shok! but they never got the rights.
It is set in Mega-City One where Judge Dredd is the law.

Good stuff especially if you are a 2000AD fan like me.
Spoiler Alert!

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies