Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old March 18th, 2021, 06:01 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] UKUSHISA PRIDE (Blazing Firecats) - Editing

I see - @Astroking112 's post above was not an "official proposal" - well you can still count my
Old April 11th, 2021, 06:05 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Bumping this because I'm interested to see these moving.
Old April 12th, 2021, 10:11 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I was hoping to see more votes, but this has gone on long enough. This proposal passes. The OP has been updated.

I'll get to doing a new Checklist soon.
Old April 19th, 2021, 06:28 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Map: custom
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs: Ring of Protection, Heroic Rune

Army 1: Ukishisa Pride 90, Tomoe Gozen 110, Z’Thoth 140, Brave Arrow 50, Izumi Samurai 60 (450 points)

Army 2: Calibrax 130, Martial La Hire 70, Sentinels of Grax 100, Feral Troll 90, Darrak Ambershard 60 (450 points)

Version used:
Spoiler Alert!

Survivors: 3 Ukushisa, 3 Izumi Samurai, Brave Arrow and Tomoe Gozen.

Turn by turn
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts:
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 12th, 2021, 10:37 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Should we clarify the adjacency rules in the power or with an FAQ item? Coming back to this figure, it was unclear if the bonus was if another pride figure was adjacent to the attacker or the defender (but leaned towards the attacker in my interpretation)

Combined Heat
When attacking with an Ukushisa Pride, roll one additional die for each adjacent Ukushisa Pride.

Combined Heat
When attacking, roll one additional die for each Ukushisa Pride adjacent to the attacking Ukushisa Pride.
Old May 12th, 2021, 10:57 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Should we clarify the adjacency rules in the power or with an FAQ item? Coming back to this figure, it was unclear if the bonus was if another pride figure was adjacent to the attacker or the defender (but leaned towards the attacker in my interpretation)

Combined Heat
When attacking with an Ukushisa Pride, roll one additional die for each adjacent Ukushisa Pride.

Combined Heat
When attacking, roll one additional die for each Ukushisa Pride adjacent to the attacking Ukushisa Pride.
I don't know why it's confusing; the defending figure is not mentioned anywhere in the power. The only object in the sentence is the attacking Ukushisa Pride. It's similar to Shield Wall. (Though it should probably have a "you control" in it, now that I look at it again.)

But if people do find it confusing, we can break the Shield Wall precedent and spell it out.
Old May 12th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:

Combined Heat

Combined Heat
I don't know why it's confusing; the defending figure is not mentioned anywhere in the power. The only object in the sentence is the attacking Ukushisa Pride. It's similar to Shield Wall. (Though it should probably have a "you control" in it, now that I look at it again.)

But if people do find it confusing, we can break the Shield Wall precedent and spell it out.
I'm good with just adding that "you control" line. I guess it's just me
Old May 26th, 2021, 12:32 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you that the lack of a mention to the defending figure should help ensure that it's interpreted as intended, but I do wonder if this would be confusing to a newcomer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to run a HS newcomer event in quite some time and probably won't be able to in the near future, or else I would bring these guys to the event and see how they play outside of players familiar with the game.

It is worth noting that Shield Wall is probably a bit easier of a theme to help with the correct interpretation for most players, since it's inspired by historical Romans rather than by original fantasy fiery hunters. I could see it being a case similar to Double Attack, where the power name and theme help it come across consistently despite some vague wording.

Overall, I'm fine with the current wording inspired by Shield Wall, but as another option, we could also look at the Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands' Arc Lances (there may be other close examples, but those are recent and came to mind). Whatever you think is best from a rules perspective works for me, though.
Old May 26th, 2021, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you that the lack of a mention to the defending figure should help ensure that it's interpreted as intended, but I do wonder if this would be confusing to a newcomer. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to run a HS newcomer event in quite some time and probably won't be able to in the near future, or else I would bring these guys to the event and see how they play outside of players familiar with the game.

It is worth noting that Shield Wall is probably a bit easier of a theme to help with the correct interpretation for most players, since it's inspired by historical Romans rather than by original fantasy fiery hunters. I could see it being a case similar to Double Attack, where the power name and theme help it come across consistently despite some vague wording.

Overall, I'm fine with the current wording inspired by Shield Wall, but as another option, we could also look at the Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands' Arc Lances (there may be other close examples, but those are recent and came to mind). Whatever you think is best from a rules perspective works for me, though.
I suppose we have plenty of space on the card. I wish we didn't have such an awkward name for the unit, though.
Quote:
Combined Heat
When attacking with an Ukushisa Pride, roll one additional die for each Ukushisa Pride you control adjacent to the attacking Ukushisa Pride.
Old May 26th, 2021, 04:12 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I suppose we have plenty of space on the card. I wish we didn't have such an awkward name for the unit, though.
Quote:
Combined Heat
When attacking with an Ukushisa Pride, roll one additional die for each Ukushisa Pride you control adjacent to the attacking Ukushisa Pride.
Spelling it out does seem like the best route here, given that we have the space for it.

I just realized that I'm not sure how "Ukushisa" is supposed to be pronounced. Depending on the pronunciation, we might have to use "a Ukushisa Pride" instead of "an Ukushisa Pride." If the U is long like in "universe" rather than short like in "umbrella," we should use a Ukushisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
Lions are the only big cat that hunt as a group. As a name what about: Ukushisa Pride.
Ukushisa is Zulu for blazing.
Do you know how this is intended to be pronounced?
Old May 26th, 2021, 04:52 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Combined Heat
Spelling it out does seem like the best route here, given that we have the space for it.

I just realized that I'm not sure how "Ukushisa" is supposed to be pronounced. Depending on the pronunciation, we might have to use "a Ukushisa Pride" instead of "an Ukushisa Pride." If the U is long like in "universe" rather than short like in "umbrella," we should use a Ukushisa.

Quote:
Lions are the only big cat that hunt as a group. As a name what about: Ukushisa Pride.
You pronounce U's with a oo sound and the rest of the letters are the same as english.

Long live heroscape
Old June 7th, 2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
You pronounce U's with a oo sound and the rest of the letters are the same as english.
Thanks for clearing that up! In that case, then technically we should use a Ukushisa Pride.

Last edited by Astroking112; June 7th, 2021 at 09:11 PM. Reason: It makes me deeply uncomfortable to see "a U" still. It's been too long since vocal communication was the norm...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs