Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 16th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 7/11/2018

Mey man, dropped in and looked at your DW customs! Here's some thoughts;
-I've seen the Brilliant SA before, but it still works. Feels like he's doing something clever and running away, just like it should be.
-Amy is cool! I've found it really hard to translate most of the companions into Heroscape. Your Amy captures some of the nature of the character and translates her into the rules of the game.
-I like both forms of the Tardis. Once again, hard to translate concepts, but you managed to do it pretty darn well.
-A lot of my designs I've come up with are similar to yours. I promise I'm not stealing!
Old May 10th, 2021, 01:19 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Got to test out a bunch of customs this weekend with my kid Z!

Map: Quasatch Playground. I wanted to use the jungle pieces that I had made.

First game: Dwarves vs. Demons

My army:

Slaughterstone Eviscerator
Spoiler Alert!

Lodhar Stoneflame
Spoiler Alert!

Begorn Thundershield
Spoiler Alert!

Auric Stormcleave
Spoiler Alert!

Axegrinders x 3

Z's army:

The Order of Maskull
Spoiler Alert!

Blood Demons
Spoiler Alert!

Soulaxe Demon x 2
Spoiler Alert!

Hound of Tindalos
Spoiler Alert!

Skull Demon x 2
Morgoloth

Victory: Demons

Design notes:

The Blood Demons were a lot of fun, with Morgoloth they had 9 move! Plus with Hunter’s Glory they got to move and attack again after destroying a helpless Axegrinder. Once I was able to whittle them down they were less of a threat. They also bonded with the Hound. I still want to run them with Dund some day.

The Hound of Tindalos
chose Begorn Thundershield as its quarry. The two of them beat each other up a lot. It was a fun thematic Lovecraftian card, with the Hound teleporting and using its extra turn Through The Angles of Time.

Soulaxe Demons: Did their job as minions, and Soul Weapon makes them a threat. I think you need at least 3 of them to get the most out of OM management, though.

The Order of Maskull: Eldritch Ritual was a huge advantage, and I should have moved against them sooner in the game. One of them did die when the Ritual claimed him (rolled 4 skulls). I think I will remove “Last Stand,” cut their Defense to 2, and put in some kind of range restriction on Eldritch Ritual.

Slaughterstone Eviscerator: I might have done better in the game if I had brought out the Slaughterstone Eviscerator first. We ended with only two figures left — Morgoloth and the SE — and because the SE needs Dwarves to run, I lost. I’m thinking about reducing Stony Resistance to 2, as 6 base defense is pretty hard to crack.

Auric Stormcleave He threw some axes. He died.

Lodhar Stoneflame:
Much fun to play a Dwarf Wizard, and Mirror Image gave him survivability (until his luck ran out). Petrification was also fun to use, I think he took out a Blood Demon with it.

Begorn Thundershield: I played him entirely wrong, putting him on the island with only 2 Axegrinders with him. He was tied down there for most of the game, and so Undaunted Inspiration only got used once or twice. He really needs to be mobile and leading a couple squads of Axegrinders. Thundershield Defense saved him for a good long while.

Results of Game 2 (Predators vs. Dragons) forthcoming!

Last edited by IshMEL; May 11th, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
Old May 10th, 2021, 06:50 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Looks great, but I would make the Hound of Tindalos Uncommon.

Old May 11th, 2021, 09:31 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Looks great, but I would make the Hound of Tindalos Uncommon.

Right, so you can have multiple Hounds. A good idea. I'd have to stipulate they can only have one quarry, it would be too difficult to have multiple targets, and wouldn't work thematically either. I will get around to that eventually. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old May 11th, 2021, 10:05 AM

Game 2: Predators vs. Dragons

My army:

Spiders x 3
Wyvern

Velociraptors x 3
Spoiler Alert!

Kraal Predator
Spoiler Alert!

Ticalla Monkey Swarm
Spoiler Alert!

Krendal by @Scytale
Spoiler Alert!

Z’s army:
Braxas
Charos
Greenscales x 3

Winner: Dragons

Design notes:

Ticalla Monkeys: So I originally designed this for a Codex article but wanted to try them out with some jungle. I realized I had never posted them here. Both @Scytale and @johnny139 had suggested in the article that I remove “Arboreal Tactics,” and you know what? They were right! The monkeys came screaming out of the trees (and height) with 6 attacks of 3 dice and did major damage on Braxas. Very situational, very thematic, very overpowered for 30 points! I shall remove that power from the future iteration of the card. Or maybe reduce their base defense to 1 and have Arboreal Tactics only work for defense?

Kraal Predator: I was all set to have him knocking Greenscales around. He got destroyed by Poisonous Acid Breath before he could do anything.

The Velociraptors: fun to play, and thematic. But as a pseudo-squad, I really need more than 3 on the board to make them worth while. One got toasted early, making Pack Hunter less effective. Once I was down to one, I used it as a hero, bonding with Spiders and using Pounce SA. (It died.) I really need to accept the fact that I will never have more than 3 of these figures and I should just use Wolves to proxy a second set of 3. Unless someone knows of another good scale mini for Velociraptors...

I held Krendal back as my backup Predator, but by the time he came out Braxas had pretty much destroyed my army. He was able to take out Charos though, before I conceded.

It’s been fun getting to play and test my customs. Maybe I’ll even make some new ones!
Old August 23rd, 2021, 08:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Hey IshMEL, did you ever do anything with this guy?

I would love to see this thing in action personally one day.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards