Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 10th, 2021, 05:42 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Ok, before I starting working on the customs more, I wanna know if these two minis would work as Vipers? My idea is to have them be female to justify the lack of arms.

Less drastic of sexual dimorphism then anglerfish I guess.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 10th, 2021, 05:58 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not a fan of just saying that female Vipers have no arms, especially when there are already plenty of species variants like Venoc, Onyx, Armoc, or Azurite to lean on as a precedent for creating a new Viper variant that looks pretty different.

That said, I think that Vipers have a pretty distinctive appearance that these miniatures just aren't hitting well enough. They look like big snakes, which takes a bit away from trying to sell them as solely HS Vipers. They feel like the closest thing that could be found, rather than the perfect fit for another Viper, unfortunately. I can probably buy a special species of armless Vipers that served as the inspiration for Wo-Sa-Ga, but I wouldn't want them to dilute the recognizability of the existing set of Vipers.

Other than that, I would also want to see something like this on a HS base because of how wide the tail is.
Old May 10th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

For me, even more than the lack of arms the body postures don't look Viperish. Those have long bodies coiled over the groud which gives them a very snake look, while Vipers have shorter bodies and can apparently stand on the tips of their tails (and always do, when in action at least). The arm thing matters too, of course.
Old May 10th, 2021, 10:56 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

@Scytale @Astroking112 Good to know, sounds like I had my hopes up. Unfortunately there are no Yuan-Ti minis around that are anywhere useful as Vipers.

Next question is, would this work as a Feral Swog?

Old May 10th, 2021, 11:14 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

What does it look like next to a Swog Rider?
Old May 10th, 2021, 11:17 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
What does it look like next to a Swog Rider?
For the life of me I cannot find my Swog Rider. Hence why I grabbed Dund instead. But this fella is beefier than the Swog Rider.
Old May 10th, 2021, 11:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Based on pictures I’d say it’s 10% bigger than the Swog Rider’s Swog.
Old May 10th, 2021, 11:30 PM

I'm more interested in seeing how the head, the tail, the feet, etc look next to a swog, to see how much it actually looks like a swog.
Old May 11th, 2021, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I'm more interested in seeing how the head, the tail, the feet, etc look next to a swog, to see how much it actually looks like a swog.
Well a Swog is a Sabertooth tiger, basically. Just skinny for some reason. I'll try to look for it again.
Old May 11th, 2021, 05:18 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Ok, before I starting working on the customs more, I wanna know if these two minis would work as Vipers? My idea is to have them be female to justify the lack of arms.

Less drastic of sexual dimorphism then anglerfish I guess.
Could be Juvi's...

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; May 11th, 2021 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Youth is wasted on the young...That's why you need to remain immature!
Old June 14th, 2021, 01:24 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Talking Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Got a couple units here I'm working on that I've playtested a few times and pretty happy with how they're turning out. Interested to see some broader feedback.

Veguzza is tied to the lore of the Divining Rod that was hidden in the Durgeth Swamps and his mini fits the Ravagers perfectly. He also brings in the Comfrey Plants from lore.

Agrith-Naar is simply a crazy scary demon that requires the lives of others to sustain him while he resides in the mortal plane after he's been summoned.
Hi,
Not sure if these customs have been pursued with adjustment elsewhere, but since I have added Veguzza to my own collection, I thought it right to give feedback. I do think that +3 is a bit strong for protecting the Durgeth Ravagers. In swamp environment which is the main place they should really ever be played, their potentially +6 in swamp water with a +3 is a heavy perk for a low cost high damage squad figure. Having the Divining Rod only useable once per turn does help for balancing, but when there is only one figure attacking, then it will have constant use. Might I suggest even lowering it to +2? Perhaps he has come upon the Divining Rod but cannot unlock its full power. Furtherly I thought maybe his life could be 5 instead of 6. Mostly from comparing him with Uzog having 6 life, though 3 def. The normal durgeth folk do appear quite squishy. Hence the 2 def you gave I presume.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; June 16th, 2021 at 02:59 AM.
Old June 15th, 2021, 04:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Sir H., how do you reconcile the "you control" language in Sustained by Blood with the theme? This mini's been around for awhile and FTMP I like what I see here, but that's strange to me. Perhaps you could eliminate that limitation and just reduce its health to 4 or something?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards