Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 22nd, 2021, 08:48 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
The GenCon Rulings Thread

The purpose of this thread is pretty simple: as rulings are made, I'll add them here.

General Questions:
Q: Can you sit figures if you aren't over the figure/hex limit?
A: No. The rules don't say you can, so you can't.

Q: Are 3D printed figures allowed?
A: Yes, so long as they exactly match the size of the official figures. Further, please make sure your paint job clearly marks the difference between hit zones and non-hit zones.

Q: When removing an opponent's Order Marker with an ability (Mind Flayer Mastermind, Fyorlag Spiders, etc.), do you choose which Order Marker to remove?
A: Yes. Choose one Order Marker on that army card and remove it. However, you may not look at it.

Q: Partial or Full card scoring?
A: Full.

Q: I want to be on that side of the map and so does my opponent.
A: Roll for it. High roll picks.

Q: Are the glyphs static for the map?
A: We randomize a specific glyph set each year and place them (randomly but avoid doubles of the same glyphs) on the maps after we’ve built the maps. The glyphs then remain on that map for the whole Con.

Questions About Specific Formats:
Q: How do you pick your target in Assassin's Creed?
A: You pick simultaneously and secretly. I suggest grabbing all your opponents cards that can be targeted and look at them under the table and then reveal who you picked, as your opponent does the exact same thing with your cards.

Q: In Assassin’s creed if you temporarily take control of the target do you win?
A: Like most Heroscape games, you check for win conditions at the end of the turn after any units would return to their owner’s control, so no.

Q: Is "placing" the same as "moving" for purposes of Engagement Strike or starting on Molten Lava?
A: Yes.

Questions About Specific Units:
Airborne Elite
Q: If time is called do I still get to roll for the drop for Airborne?
A: No. You finish the current round; you don't start a new round.

Airborne Elite and Rechets of Bodgan:
Q: Do they count towards starting zone hex/figure limits?
A: Yes.

Mezzodemon Warmongers
Q: If you drop any Mezzodemon Warmongers during setup, do you still receive their Exoskeleton markers?
A: No. You receive one Exoskeleton marker for each Mezzodemon Warmonger in your starting zone.

Last edited by OEAO; May 26th, 2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 08:57 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The GenCon Rulings Thread

The Warmongers question was a great question!

Old January 23rd, 2021, 11:08 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

If time is called do I still get to roll for the drop for Airborne?
Um, absolutely not. (I’m not saying who asked that but you know who you are.)

Partial or Full card scoring?
Full.

I want to be on that side of the map and so does my opponent.
Roll for it. High roll picks.

Are the glyphs static for the map?
We randomize a specific glyph set each year and place them (randomly but avoid doubles of the same glyphs) on the maps after we’ve built the maps. The glyphs then remain on that map for the whole Con.

Occasionally we use treasure glyphs for specific scenarios. Any rules will be laid out in the specific format using them.

In Assassin’s Creed how do you pick your target? Is it I pick then you pick?
You pick simultaneously and secretly. I suggest grabbing all your opponents cards that can be targeted and look at them under the table and then reveal who you picked, as your opponent does the exact same thing with your cards.

In Assassin’s creed if you temporarily take control of the target do you win?
Like most Heroscape games, you check for win conditions at the end of the turn after any units would return to their owner’s control, so no.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 27th, 2021, 03:11 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Great start. I am assuming anything covered in the Advanced FAQ applies as well. Also add:

Airborne Elite and Rechets of Bogdan count toward starting zone spaces/figures.
Old January 28th, 2021, 09:30 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Great start. I am assuming anything covered in the Advanced FAQ applies as well. Also add:

Airborne Elite and Rechets of Bogdan count toward starting zone spaces/figures.
Huh, for some reason I thought that was official. Thanks! I’ll add this and the ones from Ken’s post to the OP soon™️.

Yes, all official rulings are in play.
Old January 28th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

^You changed your name!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 28th, 2021, 07:16 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
^You changed your name!
Lol, yeah, it’s been a long time coming. I’ve never liked my username (well, I liked it for about a month...), but it’d be confusing to change it too much now. I’m happy with the simplified acronym.
Old May 6th, 2021, 04:03 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Posting a question here that originated on the ScapeCon Map Contest thread.

Does placing a figure in your start zone before the game starts count as "moving" the figure? This question applies to at least 2 cases:
1) Molten lava in the start zone (would you have to roll a 20 during placement to survive?)
2) Does engagement strike trigger if the 2nd person places a figure next to a Nakita Agent?

It appears that OHS has a ruling that says initial placement does count as movement (meaning you must roll for lava and engagement strike), but Superfrog said he didn't believe that ruling came from the official rules. Is this in the official rules anywhere, and if not what would the GenCon ruling be?
Old May 6th, 2021, 04:09 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Posting a question here that originated on the ScapeCon Map Contest thread.

Does placing a figure in your start zone before the game starts count as "moving" the figure? This question applies to at least 2 cases:
1) Molten lava in the start zone (would you have to roll a 20 during placement to survive?)
2) Does engagement strike trigger if the 2nd person places a figure next to a Nakita Agent?

It appears that OHS has a ruling that says initial placement does count as movement (meaning you must roll for lava and engagement strike), but Superfrog said he didn't believe that ruling came from the official rules. Is this in the official rules anywhere, and if not what would the GenCon ruling be?
Engagement Strike does trigger if an opponent's figure is placed next to them. Following this logic, it would seem to me that placing figures on molten lava at the start of the game would require the player to roll for damage. I've been looking through a few rulebooks and the FAQ and can't find anything on point.
Old May 7th, 2021, 02:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Full.
I only know one guy who insists on using full card scoring, and he's wrong.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 7th, 2021, 02:37 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Full.
I only know one guy who insists on using full card scoring, and he's wrong.
Yet somehow it still happens...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 7th, 2021, 07:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Heavy is the head that wears the crown. . .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's