Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old May 2nd, 2021, 02:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Interactive Terrain Brainstorming thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Yes please!
Sounds great. Here soon, I’ll take a starting list of our groups participants interested in the group and we can start some basic ground rules to keep a bit of order. In this group, one of the points will be to not crush creativity. However, depending on how balanced the pieces are will determine which depository group they end up in. I’m going to amend the first and or second post to give us a member list, then the next order of action will be to settle on a group name.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 3rd, 2021, 03:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Yes please!
Awesome.

For anyone wanting to jump in on starting the group, make yourself known in the thread. Also put in your ideas of what you think the group should be called if you have any ideas. It should represent in some way that we are terrain designers for Heroscape in some way.(nothing crazy or random). I would say that by this coming weekend, we should gather our interested parties and get down to vote on a group name so we can get started on a group project outline of what the scope is of what we want to achieve.

Old May 3rd, 2021, 04:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Building a Better Valhalla.
BaBV.

Make it TerRain.

Team Terrain.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 6th, 2021, 12:10 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Building a Better Valhalla.
BaBV.

Make it TerRain.

Team Terrain.
Love it T. Making Scape Great Again.

To Build off of your "Team Terrain" What about, TEAM TERRAIN VALHALLA. I really like the ring of the last one. It breaks it up a little from the regular such and such of valhalla.
We'll have to form a team and put it up for a vote this weekend.

Old May 15th, 2021, 07:57 PM
"like" happy

After letting it marinate for a bit, I think it’s time to get a name picked from what we have brainstormed. @lefton4ya , @Shiftrex , @Flash_19 , @coachmuskie , @Tornado @S1R_ART0R1US
Here are the different names in the thread.

Wonders of Valhalla

Engineers of Valhalla

Team Terrain

Everyone interested just give a shout out to what you would vote for the group name to be and we can tally them up. A few days should do for folks to get on and decide.

I’ll start by voting for Engineers of Valhalla. I feel it encompasses us building or “Engineering” all sorts of structures and terrain pieces of different types while keeping a broad enough spectrum to include all types of terrain.

Edit: also if I missed anything, let me know and we can add it to the voting block.

Old May 15th, 2021, 08:16 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Engineers of Valhalla
Old May 15th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I second that.
Old May 18th, 2021, 02:41 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I guess I am fine with "Engineers of Valhalla" that first we need to be sure how much a "project" we want to make it. I would rather one of these options:
  • Part of C3V group, as a subgroup of them
  • Part of WoS or ARV as a subgroup of them
  • Similar to SoV/BoV where each person makes their own design with input from others but the design gets sign off from others in group.
  • No defined project, just a brainstorming thread like The Pre-SoV Workshop or Custom Unit Playtesting Exchange
Old May 18th, 2021, 06:27 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I guess I am fine with "Engineers of Valhalla" that first we need to be sure how much a "project" we want to make it. I would rather one of these options:
  • Similar to SoV/BoV where each person makes their own design with input from others but the design gets sign off from others in group.
  • No defined project, just a brainstorming thread like The Pre-SoV Workshop or Custom Unit Playtesting Exchange
Your BOV comparison where each member can bring their own design to the table, take feedback on it from the group, and LD it to completion. I would say 1 design per member at a time. They are also welcome to scrap their idea to start a new one if it doesn’t pan out. For the beginning of this project, I would say, no affiliation with other groups. I’m not keen on others that are not part of the ongoing process to step in and tell us what we can and can’t do. I know there was talk of eventually possibly making a map contest or something incorporated terrain further down the line with ARV maybe, but that would be down the road a ways if at all. We will have to brainstorm a pretty loose rule set just for making calls on designs and timeframes to do so. I would say, for votes on designs, a majority ruling would be fine. When making a design, it would probably be a good idea to present the idea as: a DO, a passive terrain piece, or an interactive terrain piece. Then if it’s designed to be in competitive maps, or scenario/for fun maps.

Old May 18th, 2021, 06:35 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Your BOV comparison where each member can bring their own design to the table, take feedback on it from the group, and LD it to completion. I would say 1 design per member at a time. They are also welcome to scrap their idea to start a new one if it doesn’t pan out. For the beginning of this project, I would say, no affiliation with other groups. I’m not keen on others that are not part of the ongoing process to step in and tell us what we can and can’t do. I know there was talk of eventually possibly making a map contest or something incorporated terrain further down the line with ARV maybe, but that would be down the road a ways if at all. We will have to brainstorm a pretty loose rule set just for making calls on designs and timeframes to do so. I would say, for votes on designs, a majority ruling would be fine. When making a design, it would probably be a good idea to present the idea as: a DO, a passive terrain piece, or an interactive terrain piece. Then if it’s designed to be in competitive maps, or scenario/for fun maps.
I agree with what was said here.

There isn't necessarily a reason to put ourselves under/subordinate to another group, especially if we want to do things that are radically new or different. Ensuring compatibility with, definitely but not being constrained by is what I would say our focus should be.

Definitely agree with the idea of 1 design per person and an atmosphere where the established "group" has to sign off on a piece of terrain.

As for the specifics about the terrain itself and what rules there are governing a design, that's definitely a conversation that needs to take place with a bit of thought. A few of those specifics probably are... whether something can be 3D printed, readily made with common items, is distinguishable from other terrain pieces in both appearance and function, does meaningfully and thematically add to Heroscape, do we require it to be from a specific planet and/or setting so we can justify it further, and our overall process for designing and testing a piece of terrain.
Old May 18th, 2021, 07:44 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am in. I have changed my name to Muskie from coachmuskie (retired!)

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old May 18th, 2021, 09:12 PM
"like" happy

@Shiftrex . Good add on points. Yes, I do believe new terrain pieces should bring something fun and different to the table. Your points should be included in our overview. I don’t think we need to specify where the objects are from and do the whole homeworld thing that they do with C3v. That isn’t the point really for fun new terrain pieces. We don’t need to downvote a piece of terrain because it came from the wrong world. it seems the majority vote is for Engineers of Valhalla. I’ll work up a cool emblem for us and we can make the group name official. I would say that everyone should start brainstorming their first terrain piece they would like to start on. I will be moving forward with the Arcane Portal. It has such a simple and sweet one ability design that brings so many new possibilities to map creation without really any crazy rules to add. As far as availability goes. I think with 3D printing and shareable stl files, anyone can have access to them. If there is an item out there that is pre made, I believe we should also have a 3D print file of it as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles