Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old March 29th, 2021, 03:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Not quite all of the next complete crew for my Rum and Bones Miniatures got done, but finished another 37 models of my Iron Inquisition models out of the 41. Puts me at 1919. I'm ever so close to the 2000 mark.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 30th, 2021, 02:04 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

13 more for today. The last 4 Iron Inquisition Heroes along with 9 3d Printed Stormtroopers for Star Wars Legion. 1932 Total. Been hard at painting the Rum and bones minis, but got the Acrylic Inks in that I ordered to make my own Nuln oil and couldn't resist trying it out on some Imperial Storm Troopers. It'll be back to finishing the rest of Rum and Bones. I have 89 more models to paint for that game to finish all that I own of it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 20th, 2021, 10:27 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Just finished a 29 figure commission. I don't remember if there was anything other than that recently.
Old October 12th, 2021, 03:48 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Just finished a 29 figure commission. I don't remember if there was anything other than that recently.
Got you updated. Been awhile since posting very much on here. I’ll go ahead and update my number as well. I’ll be adding 96 models to my count. 15 of those being giant monsters or dragons. Mostly artisan guild 3D prints, some of a very massive scale. The other 81 being starwars legion models including tanks, speeders, droids, rebel fleet troopers and various heroes from the different factions. My last batch were magnaguards, some artisan guild ogres, a rebel speeder, and a giant scorpion.
Old October 12th, 2021, 06:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Would love to see some pics of that stuff.
Especially the monsters and dragons.
Old October 13th, 2021, 08:32 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Would love to see some pics of that stuff.
Especially the monsters and dragons.
I’ll see how big of a pain it would be. I’ve always thought that putting pictures on here is so much more difficult than most other sites. I haven’t had any other forms of social media for awhile other than coming on here from time to time . I find a lot of the social media to be a bit toxic and time wasting.(for me anyways) so I give myself a break from it by deleting my accounts.
Old October 14th, 2021, 07:10 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Post them on the C3G Discord if that is easier for you. Thanks!
Old December 9th, 2021, 09:54 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What started as a few reaper mini paints has turned into a hefty number of mostly printed heroscape paints. I just counted all the painted figs I have and whatever I can remember commissioning, but will be bypassing certain minis that used only 1 color or sloppy pla paint jobs. Going from being a “artist” to painting minis, I’ve always used acrylic liquitex basics paints mostly. These are difficult to paint minis with since it drys quicker and can create a blobby brush, but I’ve gotten used to it and have had great results when careful/quick. The bigger downside of using them has got to be making your own wash watering down the paint, and it usually isn’t the most professional look. I only just got real army painters washes today! -_-

I removed 30 from my count that were from earlier stages of learning and were very flat or plain. There are a few that I will have to use a real wash on now. Also, I wouldn’t really rate them all equal since some were far less complicated than others.

Counts:
524 Classic & C3V prints
63 Customs and repaints
111 Customs from my Rat customs project mostly, with 50 more soon to be paint.

I just got the AotP sets too, so that’s another bunch I will have to get to.

Picture from my Microcorp Trooper commission for knightoflight

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; December 9th, 2021 at 10:09 PM.
Old December 10th, 2021, 03:04 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
What started as a few reaper mini paints has turned into a hefty number of mostly printed heroscape paints. I just counted all the painted figs I have and whatever I can remember commissioning, but will be bypassing certain minis that used only 1 color or sloppy pla paint jobs. Going from being a “artist” to painting minis, I’ve always used acrylic liquitex basics paints mostly. These are difficult to paint minis with since it drys quicker and can create a blobby brush, but I’ve gotten used to it and have had great results when careful/quick. The bigger downside of using them has got to be making your own wash watering down the paint, and it usually isn’t the most professional look. I only just got real army painters washes today! -_-

I removed 30 from my count that were from earlier stages of learning and were very flat or plain. There are a few that I will have to use a real wash on now. Also, I wouldn’t really rate them all equal since some were far less complicated than others.

Counts:
524 Classic & C3V prints
63 Customs and repaints
111 Customs from my Rat customs project mostly, with 50 more soon to be paint.

I just got the AotP sets too, so that’s another bunch I will have to get to.

Picture from my Microcorp Trooper commission for knightoflight
I’ll get it updated for you in the op. No worries on if the models don’t have a ton of colors. This thread is just a fun way to keep track of your painting progress. That puts you at 698 then? Also. I have been using apple barrel and folk art paints for the entirety of my painting with great results. After learning how to use and thin them correctly, they work fine. I’m sure if I ever wanted to spend some money on nicer paints it would up my game even further. But for the time being I’ll just keep painting for cheap. I also need to add 85 more models to my total as well. Keep up the good work.
Old December 10th, 2021, 03:13 PM
"like" happy

I’m going to have to take a handful of photos of my legion armies to display here once I’m completely done with them.
Old December 10th, 2021, 04:53 PM

Sweet Christmas
Old December 16th, 2021, 04:06 PM
"like" happy

17 more done for me. Putting me at 2130 models. I’ve stopped printing models for a short time to try to reduce my backlog a little. I’m currently painting my ranks of starwars models for Star Wars legion. I would have been done long ago, but for several reasons I still have tons to do. For example: building an army for a standard game has a minimum of three corp units and a commander unit to start an army. With 6 corp units being the max you can take. For imperials alone I have 27 corps units to choose from with every upgrade they can take. It’s like this for every faction. I basically bought or 3D printed enough units to hold my own tournament at my house or have multiple grand army games going. It’s a lot, but it’s fun to do. Other projects currently on the Que but the back burner that Id like to finish are the rest of my rum and bones packs, my modern zombicide boxes from version 1(I’m not even going to prime zombicide 2.0 yet). I’ve also primed all my models from fantasy zombicide and multiple is pledges of massive darkness. I still have a few hundred Star Wars legion models to paint though. That is what is hitting the table most. Great to see some of you guys painting. Does anyone listen to podcast or YouTube while they paint? I love listening to podcasts or watching YouTube. There are a bunch of fun mini painting ones. Here are some I enjoy: Trapped under plastic, ninjon, miniac, tabletop minions, goobertown hobbies, black magic craft. If anyone has any others that I missed or don’t know about, let me know. Happy painting everyone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General