Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 7th, 2021, 07:35 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBasket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I played the first half of the new scenario for Forgotten Waters. For birthday presents I got Star Trek Risk and Evil Dead 2 with an expansion!
Happy late birthday fellow 'Scaper! I hope you had a great one!

and not risking going off topic, aside from heroscape I've been playing Sentinels of the Multiverse
Thanks!!!
How have you enjoyed Sleeping Gods Taeblewalker?
For us here at the Shades Household we’ve enjoyed it quite a bit. Only played a couple times so far as it can be quite long at times and so many games to play, but for me it really captures that sense of adventure pretty well.

So beautiful and difficult it’s interesting for sure.
It's wonderful, but very time-consuming. As long as you treat it like a legacy game that gets played over many sessions, it should be fun!

Old April 28th, 2021, 09:31 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"POSTDEMIC" REOPENING OF THE GAME PALACE
First Group Games Played Live In A Year!

1. Today four of us played two long games of Heroscape. For details, see our New York City Gang of Four Thread in my signature line! It was a great day of gaming from 1 PM until 9 PM with a dinner break out. I think in our eight armies we used about half of the 20 new C3V designs that have been issued during the Pandemic Year.

2. Saturday will be Hellenica: Story of Greece. This is a wonderful game I've only played four times, since it arrived only a little before the Pandemic hit. See the Kickstarter page for details of its beautiful production and fascinating mechanics. I am backing its expansion, Leaders and Legends, due in the Fall, when I will also get the neoprene Game Mat, the first I ever payed for (I have a few I received as gifts from Taeblewalker. This is a rare opportunity to get the core game as well, and/or the core expansion of all the minis plus the AI card decks.

Thereafter I will be continuing my usual prePandemic Private Board Game Club One Game At A Time on Saturdays and other dates weekly here in Brooklyn Heights, NYC. My newsletters go out to about 45 gamers with invitations and news about new games I am acquiring, etc. If you live in or near NYC, feel free to PM me with questions. Send me your regular email to get on my mailing list.

3. I have now tried out 25 of the 40 new two player scenarios for the recently received Commands & Colors Samurai Battles by GMT. This is a block redo of the old Zvesda mini version, which I've been playing for years. There are only a few rules and scenario tweaks. The new core game includes the main regular units originally only found in the old Ninja Attack expansion. An expansion is expected due to the popularity of the new design, although none has been announced as of yet.

Last edited by chas; April 29th, 2021 at 04:29 AM.
Old May 1st, 2021, 01:09 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

April gaming -

Camping season has begun so that eats into gaming a bit. The good news is work has finally slowed down a bit at the end of the month.

Cloudspire x 2
Dungeon Mayhem x 7
Batman Love Letter x 2
Bang! the dice game
Marvel Champions x 8
Too Many Bones
Kids Create Absurdity
Hexplore It x 2
Maximum Apocalypse
Pathfinder ACG x 3
Ninja vs Ninja
Heroscape
Fairy Tale

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 3rd, 2021, 02:41 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got a Hanafuda deck and learned Koi-Koi.
Koi-Koi is brilliant. It is akin to 7 Wonders Duel, with a playing field that changes turn-to-turn, and constantly tracking the cards your oppenent has collected to determine what you should play next.
Also similar to Lost Cities, in that each player also has a hidden hand, and you need yo be careful what you put down, since your oppenent might pick it up.
Plus, there's a press-your-luck mechanic. I can strongly recomnend Koi-Koi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 08:11 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

You're talking about a Japanese card deck, right? Where did you get them? Did they come with the rules for that game? Did they come with rules for other games?
Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:32 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

nintendo.com, got the Mario set from there.
Included instructions were in Japanese, but I only read at about a kindergarten level.
Rules included were only for Koi Koi.
I printed off Nintendo's rules from the US site, and watched a few Youtube videos.
https://lovethynerd.com/a-definitive-guide-to-koi-koi/
This site had the best rules description I could find.
Game Grumps played it a few months ago on Switch, and their video actually covered a few fringe cases, like a draw, three cards of a suit in the playing field, and a couple otarial

Hachi-Hachi [八八 or 88] and Hawaiian-style Hanafuda are two other games I've seen that suit more than two players, but I have not tried them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old May 4th, 2021, 10:10 AM

I've only heard of the cards in an anime! They are the Flower Cards, right?
Old May 4th, 2021, 06:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Finally got to do some in-person gaming again (get vaccinated)!

4-player (we had an hour before our 5th showed up) Cleopatra and the Society of Architects. Deroche got fed to Sobek, and I won with 50 Talents. Pretty easy to learn, moved right along, and I think everyone really enjoyed it.

5-player Space Base. Deroche won. I'm pretty terrible at judging how quickly this will end, so while other players were getting points, I started piecing together a combo with the "I win" card, but it was way too late.

5-player Quacks of Quedlinburg. Our 5th player won with 61 points and an ever-extending lead. He chained together a bunch of blue tokens which was apparently the best strategy. I enjoyed the mechanics, but it didn't really feel like it had a theme.

4-player Marvel Champions (I facilitated, then stepped in when one Hero had to leave early). Black Panther (leadership), Black Widow (justice), Captain America (aggression), and Spider-Man (aggression) took on and took down standard Rhino (first game for all but one player).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 4th, 2021, 06:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Apex (a dinosaur-themed deck builder), Tales of the Arabian Nights and Otto (an abstract game by an Italian designer).

Old May 4th, 2021, 08:44 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

4-player (we had an hour before our 5th showed up) Cleopatra and the Society of Architects. Deroche got fed to Sobek, and I won with 50 Talents. Pretty easy to learn, moved right along, and I think everyone really enjoyed it.
Was this the new version? if so have you played the original & is there any difference between them?
Old May 5th, 2021, 07:31 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:

Was this the new version? if so have you played the original & is there any difference between them?
Original, first time playing for everyone, so I'm no help there.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 5th, 2021, 08:22 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:

Original, first time playing for everyone, so I'm no help there.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games