Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old April 5th, 2021, 01:16 AM

BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker
Smile Blast from the past

Hey, I'm Basket,

About two years or so I posted a general "hello" message and got way to nervous to post further on heroscapers. It's funny because I'm an extremely out going person and normally the life of the party, so to speak.

I've gotten alot more comfortable posting online and I hope to be on here quite a bit more. My apologies if this is in the wrong thread but I just wanted to give the low down on me.

My life has change alot since I've posted. I've moved to the west coast, gotten engaged, bought a house, am set to get married in July and that's not the half of it including all the stuff with covid.

i'm hoping to talk with a few 'scapers, maybe make a rapport here and discuss the habit.

I've expanded my collection and am considering buying a 3D printer to cheapen the assault I keep laying on my wallet! Let me know about you if that's ok! Let's shoot the breeze!
Old April 5th, 2021, 11:05 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Blast from the past

Hi there Basket!

It's always great seeing new people around the forums And I'm glad to hear that you're still enjoying Heroscape after discovering it two years ago. Do you have any favorite figures or army builds? One of my favorite figures is Major Q10, in case you couldn't tell :P

My life has changed quite a bit in the past year as well as I've also moved to a new city. While there's no replacement for in-person relationships, I've certainly grown to appreciate even more the forms of community that places like Heroscapers.com and the Heroscape Discord provide.

If you're still building your collection, I'd highly recommend checking out the work of C3V (Classic Custom Creators of Valhalla) if you aren't already familiar with them. You can find a list of all the figures they've designed HERE. In my (slightly biased) opinion, they've done an amazing job of maintaining the same design aesthetic even while surpassing the quality of the classic releases. Also, many of the miniatures used for their customs are still relatively inexpensive to obtain. If you have any questions about C3V, I or any of the other members would be happy to answer them
Old April 5th, 2021, 12:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Welcome, Mr. Basket! I saw your post on Reddit. That sub is basically dead because this community exists. Welcome aboard!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 5th, 2021, 04:17 PM

BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Re: Blast from the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stupendous View Post
It's always great seeing new people around the forums and i'm glad to hear that you're still enjoying heroscape after discovering it two years ago. Do you have any favorite figures or army builds? One of my favorite figures is major q10, in case you couldn't tell
I don't have any stand alone favs right now, but I'm a huge sucker for 525 pt. themed armies. I ordered and am waiting on a gladiator set with the three heros and two squads of 3D printed Capuan Gladiators!

I will say this; I love the historical units, the IX legion of Rome's legendary disappearance being explained by being whisked away to Valhalla is probably why I fell in love with Herocsape so quickly, so flavorful

Quote:
my life has changed quite a bit in the past year as well as i've also moved to a new city. While there's no replacement for in-person relationships, i've certainly grown to appreciate even more the forms of community that places like heroscapers.com and the heroscape discord provide.
I hope your move went well, living in the big city can be very different or jarring, I hope you like the ecosystem there. I absolutely understand the feeling and sense of community on sites like these, I hope I can contribute to it and help foster a fun environment here!

Quote:
If you're still building your collection, i'd highly recommend checking out the work of c3v (classic custom creators of valhalla) if you aren't already familiar with them. You can find a list of all the figures they've designed here. In my (slightly biased) opinion, they've done an amazing job of maintaining the same design aesthetic even while surpassing the quality of the classic releases. Also, many of the miniatures used for their customs are still relatively inexpensive to obtain. If you have any questions about c3v, i or any of the other members would be happy to answer them
Thank you so much for your warm welcome (re-welcoming )
I actually am organizing my collection and have decided to add a link in my signature for others to check it out! it's small but interesting

I hope to be able to print a bunch more and add to it. Time to learn how to pain figures
Old April 5th, 2021, 04:27 PM

Thumbs up Re: Blast from the past

Thanks! I'm glad you took the time to post here and find my thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
That sub is basically dead because this community exists. Welcome aboard!
PFFT! not if I can help it

I'm going to blow up R/Heroscape regularly, even if it doesn't get much love
Old April 5th, 2021, 09:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good to have you BasketBasket

My brother and I are moving to Las Vegas this summer. I'm going to try to build a scene once I get down there. This is a good thread for Las Vegas area scapers Fellow Scapers in the Las Vegas area? Hopefully it will continue to grow!
Old April 5th, 2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post

My brother and I are moving to Las Vegas this summer. I'm going to try to build a scene once I get down there. This is a good thread for Las Vegas area scapers Fellow Scapers in the Las Vegas area? Hopefully it will continue to grow!
I live about 60 miles away from Vegas - I wonder in we could try to arrange a Gencon 2021 pop -up event like this thread is talking about
Old April 6th, 2021, 08:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBasket View Post
Quote:

Yeah, Scapers are pretty active here, on Facebook, and on Discord.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2021, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, Scapers are pretty active here, on Facebook, and on Discord.
I actually just joined a Heroscapers FB group thanks to Boromir_96 on R/Heroscape, he's actually selling me a few pieces on his account here to add to the collection too!

Sidenote: IAmBatman,thanks for commenting on my fourm, you were one of the original users to welcoming here back in 2019
Old April 9th, 2021, 04:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post

I live about 60 miles away from Vegas - I wonder in we could try to arrange a Gencon 2021 pop -up event like this thread is talking about
I'll be at ScapeCon during that time. A National Heroscape Day (NHSD) tournament in late October fits my schedule better.
Old April 10th, 2021, 01:47 PM

HeroscapeMaster is surprisingly tart

Hello BasketBasket,
I am a fellow Heroscaper living in the greater Las Vegas area. If your ever looking for a game of Heroscape, Arena of the Planeslwalkers, or Marvel/DC scape game. I have an extensive collection myself. My email is mateo292003@gmail.com
Old April 10th, 2021, 01:53 PM

Talking Re: Blast from the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroscapeMaster View Post
Hello BasketBasket,
I am a fellow Heroscaper living in the greater Las Vegas area. If your ever looking for a game of Heroscape, Arena of the Planeslwalkers, or Marvel/DC scape game. I have an extensive collection myself. My email is mateo292003@gmail.com
What a cool offer! I live in Pahrump, myself
Email: thebasketbasket@gmail.com

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General