Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles
AotP Strategy Articles AotP Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Units, Spell Cards, Game Play, etc.

Old July 23rd, 2015, 01:18 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Obvious combo is obvious

Just getting things rolling with a quick black spell combo:

Use Dark Harvest for the big boost to attack and then Rise of the Dark Realms to buy back the squaddie it just cost you to get a lot of extra attack dice at no cost beyond the spell cards. (Use Liliana's Caress first if you're facing Jace and he might have a Psychic Rebuttal ready to go.)

~Aldin, getting the ball rolling

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:17 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Obvious combo is obvious

Chandra summoning Firecats with any number of her spells to boost their power for a powerful haste attack.
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:27 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Correct Me If I'm Wrong

Under the assumption you can play cards after attacking (I was told this was the case and quozl's scans couldn't confirm it for me). If not, then just remove the attacking bit

Mind Control/Unsummon after attacking followed by Project Self for Blue. (Can reverse order depending on battlefield.

~Dysole, who will probably be more interested in the game once it gives more options
Old July 23rd, 2015, 02:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Page 6 of the rules says you can play spells on your turn before moving and after attacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 23rd, 2015, 03:35 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just having some fun... how about using Jace's Mindstealer ability on Liliana along with Talent of the Telepath on her graveyarded Rise of the Dark Realms to drop a previously destroyed Leyline Phantom next to her after moving her away from her supporting creatures (and snuffing one of them, naturally)?

~Aldin, eagerly awaiting some in store arrivals

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 23rd, 2015, 04:31 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Chandra summoning Firecats with any number of her spells to boost their power for a powerful haste attack.
Speaking of Chandra (and keeping with the "obvious" part of this thread), it's great to save your Sorcery cards and string them out to keep the Phoenixes around. They aren't powerful, but I often find it worthwhile to put a nice boost on them (Fire-breathing or another), once I have a solid handful of Sorcery cards and know I can keep them around.
Old July 26th, 2015, 09:55 AM

DarthJak is surprisingly tart

those 'lil Phoenixes are great at grapping glyphs.

The Sith eye Valhalla with envy
Old August 3rd, 2015, 01:13 AM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The_X_Marker is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

With a Jace/Liliana team or with Jace against Liliana:

Liliana plays Dark Harvest on whatever she wants. It does stuff.

Jace Misdirects the Dark Harvest onto his Leyline Phantoms for 6A 5D 3 Life creatures and he currently doesn't have to sacrifice any of them for it. They phantom walk to whatever they want to kill. For added fun, Twisted Image will bring them to 8A 3D on their turn and you can throw in whatever Talent of the Telepath brings up.

Was just used in a 5 player FFA, Jace ended up winning pretty handily, taking out all 4 of us. The map was a 5 player one from the gallery that I had built, can't remember the name or find it.

Post 500!

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!
Old August 16th, 2015, 08:25 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dual Cast Twinflame to get 3 hits per sword. Combine with Seize the Day and one of your Firecats can take two attacks with these astronomical odds.

If you have height or any other attack bonuses - or even if you don't! - your opponent can kiss their Planeswalker goodbye.
Old September 4th, 2015, 02:09 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Dual Cast Twinflame to get 3 hits per sword. Combine with Seize the Day and one of your Firecats can take two attacks with these astronomical odds.
Ouch! Dual Casting on Twinflame. Killer combo. However, you would not also be able to use Seize the Day, because that would be 4 spells on one turn; Twinflame (1), Dual Casting (2), Twinflame again (3), stop. So Dual Casting can only ever be played as the second sorcery spell card during a turn.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; September 4th, 2015 at 02:28 AM.
Old September 4th, 2015, 01:33 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, that ruling hadn't been made when I posted that combo. I suppose I have to stop using it now.
Old March 18th, 2021, 01:11 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Activate Jace, Investigator. Summon Lantern Gheists, look at other player's top card with Eerie Observation. If it's a good sorcery card, leave it on top of that library and use Jace's Search for Answers to play it on your opponent. Boom!

Bump, because I figured out an obvious combo that didn’t need its own thread. With Chandra, hit an enemy squad with Burn From Within, and then use Malevolent Whispers to force one of them to move. Free hit for all members of the squad, plus the obvious free turn.

Last edited by Dysole; March 18th, 2021 at 02:24 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles