Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Strategy Review: How to use Arrow Gruts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
And now with the Ice Troll Berserker having been released, it becomes a viable replacement for Mimring in lesser point totals (or lets you still maintain a second major bonded hero in Mimring's absence for less points and hence more swogs).
This is definitely true. The Ice Troll Berserker is also a good replacement for Krug if you want to have a TON of swogs. I have a feeling that Arrow Gruts are going to be popular at GenCon this year because of the low point total and the knowledge require to play them correctly, and the strongest army I have found using them at 450 centers around the Ice Troll Berserker as their bonding hero:

Arrow Gruts x4
Swogs x5
Raelin
Ice Troll Berserker
450/24 Hexes

This army gives you tons of archers to use, and they never seem to run out. The Ice Troll Berserker isn't as strong as Krug, but if you keep him in Raelin's aura, he can be extremely hard to kill with the Cold Healing going. Ice Troll Charge lets him get into the battle even when you don't take a lot of turns with him, so that lets your Swogs really shine.
Old August 20th, 2012, 09:45 PM

Zelreth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Thumbs up Re: Unit Strategy Review: How to use Arrow Gruts

Thanks for the guide!
Honestly arrow gruts are very fun to play but i wont be able to play much of them until i get a few more swogs(ebay here i come).

@vegetarian
I thought so too but i saw very few armies featuring arrow gruts at gen con this year more 4th mass and 10th of foot than anything.
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Arrow Gruts x4
Swogs x5
Raelin
Ice Troll Berserker
450/24 Hexes
That's a very solid build there, veg. I think you have the right idea.

The build I ran in the main event was:

120 Arrow Gruts x3
75 Swogs x3
80 Raelin
50 Nerak
120 Krug
445, 20 spaces

The weak point of this build is the swogs: despite rolling 6 defense, they can go down quickly, and once a couple are gone your AGs just can't hit very hard any more. Nerak also adds another non-bonding hero to worry about. All in all it was a huge challenge playing this build, but man, if I had had one fewer loss I would have been golden on day 2!

Arrow Gruts weren't all over the place like 4th Mass, but they showed up a decent amount. jdtenor ran his Mimring/Krug/Ornak/AG build in treasure quest (between TQ and Dragon's Horde, George has two 1st places and two 2nd places with that build!) AGs were also in several 4x400 builds and a couple Monster Mash/Assasin's Creed armies (Including El Diabolo's 3rd place Monster Mash army).

Last edited by dok; August 21st, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old August 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah I thought Arrow Gruts and 4th Mass had a better showing (more people ran them) this year than last year.
Old January 27th, 2021, 10:19 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Updated the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
For real though, I believe it was actually dok's comment above (quoted below) that planted the seed for me to believe in the AG/Mimring potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
The weak point of this build is the swogs: despite rolling 6 defense, they can go down quickly, and once a couple are gone your AGs just can't hit very hard any more. Nerak also adds another non-bonding hero to worry about. All in all it was a huge challenge playing this build, but man, if I had had one fewer loss I would have been golden on day 2!
That combined with the Spiders and Quahon being so good.

Last edited by Dysole; March 22nd, 2021 at 01:29 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles