Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old October 18th, 2020, 02:32 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
MCU Cards, figs, scenarios, etc

Hey guys, I'm coming back to the forums after a long hiatus (back in the day I logged in as EyeOfSauron). I'm now mostly posting over on the Heroscapers Facebook group, but thought I would dip my toe in over here too.

After finally watching all the movies from beginning to end again on Disney+, I've become a little obsessed with the Mavel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Also, the recent release of Marvel Crisis Protocol skirmish game has Marvel Heroscape on my mind. I went on a bit of a spending spree on eBay to buy up Heroclix figures for all the movies and I'm currently rebasing them.

I'm interested to know if there is a thread on here specifically for the MCU...cards, minis, scenarios, etc? I searched but can't find one.

Lots of C3G cards work fine for the MCU, but many are slightly different than the movies--and a few characters are missing or totally different-- because of the liberties they took with the movies over the comics.

At a minimum, I'm looking to update some of the official C3G cards with pics of the Heroclix minis. But I'm tempted to go further and take on a full project to build out the entire MCU from figures & cards, glyphs/objects (tesserct, etc) to scenarios & campaign play.

Please point me to anything you know of that I can start with and/or your thoughts on such an endeavor.

Thx
Old October 19th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: MCU Cards, figs, scenarios, etc

Lazy Orang is our C3G designer with limited comic experience, so a few of her designs are more MCU-influenced. I'm specifically thinking of Iron Man (Avengers), Groot (Baby) and Thanos (Infinity Quest). A lot of our vIIs for the Guardians take a lot of movie inspiration as well. C3G also has a few cool treats sitting in the wings for MCU fans, which we can hopefully release soon.

It would definitely be cool to see some more MCU-inspired takes on characters like Spidey, Star-Lord (a version that's more Avengers team-up friendly would be cool), Black Panther, Falcon, etc would be cool. Depending on the existence of tie-in comics, that's something you could even potentially run in the C3G framework, if you're interested in that.
Old October 19th, 2020, 03:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I know we've talked about MCU inspired or influenced Falcon and Winter Soldier designs. Since they have a show coming out where they buddy up, maybe that will spur some interests in making both cards where they like being drafted together without Cap as well.
Old October 21st, 2020, 11:34 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Maybe a MCU-inspired Soldier Falcon, and then a Winter Soldier that likes hanging out with Soldiers?
Old October 21st, 2020, 11:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A Soldier Winter Soldier?
Old October 21st, 2020, 12:37 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like that. Maybe give Winter Soldier a buddy ability, so he chooses a Soldier at the start of the game to bond with. So you get Cap + Bucky or Falcon + Bucky when we get a soldier Falcon.
Old October 21st, 2020, 12:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I was just thinking the Soldiers need one more figure that can bond. Then Rock and partner can be one wave and Winter and buddy could be another.
Or you could slow roll them all up
Old October 21st, 2020, 03:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like that approach. I've grown to really love the pick one hero to bond with powers. Works great on the theme level while keeping the bonding in check by being limited to just one other figure. Open bonding it too expensive in comparison.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 12:23 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

I like where this is going...

Don't forget MCU Falcon also has Redwing as sidekick/buddy/glyph-ish thing.

Old December 21st, 2020, 01:58 PM

Ongoing discussions here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=58183

Inspiration here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2563580/mcu-heroscape

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion