Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old March 14th, 2007, 11:21 PM

bigeddie1018 has disabled reputation
Valiant

I was thinking about the Minutemen Valiant Army boost, what would you pick out of all the valiant characters. If I forgot anyone please feel free to add them. The army has to contain The MinuteMen

Minutemen 70
Drake 110
Finn 100
Throgrim 100
Sir Denrick 100
Knights of Weston 70
Alastair Macdirk 110
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:55 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Sir Gilbert - 105 - also valiant
4th Mass x3 - 210
Knights of Weston x2 - 140
Eldgrim - 30 - also valiant

Total - 485

It sucks to lose the extra 15 points, but oh well. You could go with 4th Mass x2 and add Finn or Thorgrim. This army would probably see one army of knights bond with the Vikings until the vikings die and they go onto Gilbert. Then the other squad of knights bonds with Gilbert, who helps move the 4th Mass up to use their Wait and Fire.

Charos is also valiant, btw

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:29 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
*Thorgrim and Finn are 80 points each

Charos 210
4x4Mass 280
(props to spider posion)

Gilbert 105
2xKnights 140
2x4thMass 140
Sentinals(also valiant) 110

Saylind 80 (also Valiant)
4xthMass 280
Alistair 110
Eldgrim 30

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:10 PM

MrBishop is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
3x4th Mass 210
Charos 210
Thorgrim 80
Total 500

I used it against Atmospro last weekend and bested his orc/beast bonding army (but I think he may have been taking it easy on me )
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:57 PM

bigeddie1018 has disabled reputation
I like

Drake
Charos
2x 4th Mass Line

Drake and Charos charge while The Minutemen laydown cover fire
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:53 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
It's not completely Valiant, but my tournament winning army was:

Gilbert
Mass 4th x2
Knights x2
Airborne Elite (Valiant as long as they're waiting on their plane or dead)

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:01 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
Is it really worth having all your army devoted to being valiant just for 1 meger d dice?

Throw in some people like Marcus, AE L33t, or some rats even. Just make sure they die before the 4th does and you still get your d boost if thats what you seek.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old March 22nd, 2007, 01:56 PM

Hedge Knight Woo who?
I hope this idea belongs in this thread...using the threat of an All Valiant army to keep Raelin in the game. A "Raelin's Insurance Policy" army:

3X Mass 4th 210
Charos 210
Raelin 80

Raelin is there to give +2 dice to the Mass or Charos (7 dice counter strike!), and to perhaps present a tempting target to your opponent. If she gets offed, all your 4th Mass suddenly get their valiant bonus. If your opponent refuses to take her out, she keeps boosting.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I like that army, hedgeknight; thanks for sharing!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 22nd, 2007, 03:37 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Wow, I like Hedgeknight's suggestion as well. I can't improve upon it.

Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:05 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
The only drawback to Hedge Knight's idea is that you have to keep your fourth Mass huddled around Raelin in order to benefit from that bonus and their range does not provide for that strategy.

I would suggest:
Concan 80
Denrick 100
Eldgrim 30
Knights x 2 140
4th mass x 2 140

There are a lot of good heroes here, which suggests they would do well against an all-orc or Samauri army. You could switch Denrick and Eldgrim for Gilbert: this might be a better choice since he would help boost the knights; however, I wanted to include Concan, since he gets little love, but he can rock.
or

Alastar 110
McDirk Warriors x 2 160
4th mass x 3 210

total 480

The McDirks won't last long with bonding and by the time they are eliminated, your 4th mass could be in such a position as to allow the Wait and Hold tactic. This is risky, however, since the 4th mass are not that good at cleanup.
Old March 26th, 2007, 09:00 AM

Hedge Knight Woo who?
R˙chean, TRQ, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa1
The only drawback to Hedge Knight's idea is that you have to keep your fourth Mass huddled around Raelin in order to benefit from that bonus and their range does not provide for that strategy.
Actually my thought was to use Raelin primarily to back Charos, and secondarily as a kind of winged free agent. It's not the way most people expect her to be used, which is part of the point.

See, the "insurance policy" in the build is that Raelin does the 4th more good dead than alive, so you can play more aggressively with her than you normally would. She can grab glyphs, she can even launch a suprise attack. If your opponent takes her out quickly, then at least she's taken the heat off Charos for a few turns, and she leaves your 4th Mass with their Valiant bonus. If you opponent chooses to let her live rather than see 12 Minute Men get a third defense die, then you have Raelin. It's kind of a win-win.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion